ER0L

Stephanie's Cool Corvette

indexed.gif V-LV-54F gallery_15845_212_1480.png

Hello all,

I wondered what has to be done to make my 7w cars fit for friends. But it turned out to be rather difficult to change the existing cars since there must be a lot more room inside of them (because of the hairstyles mainly). So I built another Corvette with some proper modifications. It turned out that the dimensions as such do not change a lot - one more layer is needed to fit Steph & Co. under the roof. The cockpit had to be designed completely new, of course.

So the MOC itself is less important here, but when you look at the pictures you will see that Steph and Olivia have enough room inside the car. There are no seats of course (none of my 7w cars have any, because they add to the height which often turns out to be a problem).

Photos are linked with Flickr. Thanks for looking. C&C welcome as usual.

6795350755_7e0dc0a0dc_z.jpg

6795350435_a01a27ee3a_z.jpg

Edited by ER0L

Coooool car! The new gals look fab in their new Vette! Way to go! Now they can go out with their Friends in style.....wonder where they are heading today?

This is far and away better than Stephanie's official car. The colors are perfect, just enough purple and pink to be feminine, but not so much as to make it look too girly. The car itself looks great, as does the original. To me, this screams barbie car, which in this case is a good thing. Speaking of barbie, my sister has a barbie car that looks to be a drop top Ferrari 456. Who knew barbie had such good taste.

Nice MOC, ER0L! I definately think it's better than the original set. I like the opening/closing doors! :thumbup:

Sweet looking ride Steph has! Easily identifiable as a Vette. Nice color scheme too. Great build :classic:

Thanks a lot, Leg Godt Gud, much appreciated. Very glad you like it. Concerning the colors I wanted to somehow quote Steph's Cool Convertible but couldn't bring myself to use that turquoise (although I tried :wink:).

Coooool car! The new gals look fab in their new Vette! Way to go! Now they can go out with their Friends in style.....wonder where they are heading today?

Thanks a lot, Legogal, very glad you like it. Yeah, mall or racetrack, that is the question.

This is far and away better than Stephanie's official car. The colors are perfect, just enough purple and pink to be feminine, but not so much as to make it look too girly. The car itself looks great, as does the original. To me, this screams barbie car, which in this case is a good thing. Speaking of barbie, my sister has a barbie car that looks to be a drop top Ferrari 456. Who knew barbie had such good taste.

Thanks a lot, Bootz, always appreciated, very glad you like it. Those were exactly my thoughts upon this, the "Barbie Look" included! I tried to use some turquoise parts of the Cool Convertible (which I like very much as such), too, but here it didn't work out.

Nice MOC, ER0L! I definately think it's better than the original set. I like the opening/closing doors! pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks a lot just2good, very glad you like it.

Cool build. Good work. pirate_thumbup.gif

Many thanks dr_spock, I appreciate your comment very much!

This is very nice! I prefer it with the top off, than with that piece over it. They looked cramped.

Thanks a lot, JackJonespaw! Glad you like it. I can tell that the girls feel quite comfortable under the roof. It's a sports car after all :wink:

Thank you all very much for looking and commenting on this MOC, it was fun to build another Vette for a different purpose. The MOC was quite a success on MOCpages, and I was very pleased to find it blogged on Lego Car Blog.

I would like to add 2 more photos which might answer some questions. The first one shows that Steph and Olivia can look out of the windscreen, the second shows the different cockpits for figs vs. friends in comparison from a bird's-eye view. Again, thanks a lot.

6801179457_c754489cb7_z.jpg

8728285764_3bf8be24e5_z.jpg

Edited by ER0L

Wow! This is awesome! It looks so realistic! I think it looks better as a T-Top. Just change those purple headlight covers to white, and maybe the interior to black or something, and you get one of the most accurate Lego Vettes out there! :thumbup:

(I've seen the black one. I just think it would look better in all white.

Wow! This is awesome! It looks so realistic! I think it looks better as a T-Top. Just change those purple headlight covers to white, and maybe the interior to black or something, and you get one of the most accurate Lego Vettes out there! :thumbup:

(I've seen the black one. I just think it would look better in all white.

Thank you very much, prateek, glad you like it! Concerning the T-Top a quick change is possible, since the t-structure rests beneath the roof - only the 1x6 tile at the windscreen has to be put off. I agree that the MOC itself looks much better without those headlight covers - they are meant as a rather ironic quotation of the Cool Convertible and - as bootz put it - of the "Barbie Car Style". I like the idea of a black interior, maybe I will give it a try with another version.

[Edit:] What I didn't know before is that there are obviously at least two, maybe more types of "Barbie Vettes" - all pink, of course. At least, the color has changed ... :wink: [/Edit]

I would like to add another (hopefully the last :wink:) photo which shows that the Vette is slightly lower than Steph and Olivia, even with the roof on top (14 layers, 13 without the roof), the studs on top neglected. I think this aspect is quite important, at least concerning a sports car. But this is the limit, I suppose, given you don't bend the figures or you manage to build the bottom of the car out of turned around tiles or something. Or at least I don't see it, somebody will have a better idea, I guess. Thanks again for commenting and looking!

6805887119_2871bbdde7_z.jpg

Edited by ER0L

Very very cool car!!! Well done

Don't bump old topics with a simple one line comment. For an old topic to be bumped, meaningful content should be added.

See the EB FAQ which links to this post for bumping old topics.

Oops, didn't notice that the thread was bumped in the meantime. Anyway thanks for your positive comments all.

Like the original Vette Stephanie's Cool Corvette (built in January 2012 and probably the first Friends car MOC, I had to order the dolls in France at that time) has undergone several improvements in the last few months. This is what it looks like today:

8723101760_96d503c834_z.jpg

Some of the holes were fixed by some SNOT work, there are white rims now (I don't use custom chrome any more), the tires are turned inside out to avoid that ugly profile, the t-top has been improved, there is a dashboard - and last not least the girls have some music in the car now. :wink: What can I say - they like it even more, so I am still quite happy with it.

In the meantime lots of great Friends-related vehicle MOCs have been built. You may take a look at some of them in the Flickr LEGO Friends Cars & Vehicles Group.

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome as usual.

great build im a fan of corvettes and i build them with my dad and i have to say this is the best looking vette out there! ps where can i get instructions?

great build im a fan of corvettes and i build them with my dad and i have to say this is the best looking vette out there! ps where can i get instructions?

Thank you! Maybe you are new to the Lego thing, so I have to tell you there aren't instructions for each model we create - not because we don't want our designs to be copied, but due to a lack of time. So I am sorry - there are no instructions for Steph's Vette. The good news: There is an instruction for the original Vette, built for minifig purposes. You may find a download link here. Maybe this serves your needs, too. :wink:

You sir, have naile the design!

Thank you!

Edited by ER0L