Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Six

And why hasn't everyone jumped on the bandwagon? Aloysius, Goodenarde, Leplot and Ettaq, this is your last chance to save yourselves! Tomorrow you will be scrutinised for weird voting behaviour and refusing to lynch a townie, an obvious scum tell.

Do not worry. I know exactly where my vote is going.

Vote: Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi)

It is very clear that you are suspicious. Whether or not you are a Cultist, we will not know until tomorrow morning. To me, your defence seems reminiscent of those of the previously lynched Cultists: a good effort, but your solutions do not seem to be as likely as the grounds upon which we are lynching you. I think that as you are not a Virgin, and we have another protector among our ranks, we are not losing too much by testing your allegiance and sacrificing you.

I don't believe you are immune to night actions; there's the successful tracking of you and the unsuccessful vigilante-kill of Betty to disprove that theory. A whole lot of these unsuccessful actions seem to be focused on you, however, and most of them would have revealed your affiliation if they were successful.

There, at least someone admits that the night immunity theory doesn't make any sense. The reason all the unsuccessful night actions are focused on me is that I am the one being framed here. And because the important actions have been focused on me since that first unsuccessful result. It's a vicious circle and in the meantime the scum are free to do whatever they choose to. That is the reason why we haven't been successful catching them at night, because we haven't been looking in the right direction.

It is very clear that you are suspicious. Whether or not you are a Cultist, we will not know until tomorrow morning. To me, your defence seems reminiscent of those of the previously lynched Cultists: a good effort, but your solutions do not seem to be as likely as the grounds upon which we are lynching you. I think that as you are not a Virgin, and we have another protector among our ranks, we are not losing too much by testing your allegiance and sacrificing you.

Not loosing too much? What are the chances of preventing a night kill when a single protector is trying to guess which Virgin will be the most likely scum target every night?

Perhaps you would like me to adopt a defense reminiscent of a proven Virgin instead?

I am a Cultist! :devil:

:tongue:

Well since this is likely my last chance to help this ungrateful camp, I will not let my vote to be totally wasted.

Vote: Roger Goodenarde (Professor Flitwick)

It's nothing personal Roger, but with the limited information I have my guts tell me that you're the most likely candidate for a scum in disguise. You have a role that the Cultists would love to have -- and probably do -- and you can pretend helping the town by doing exactly what you are asked to. If someone tells me that you have been investigated by Bluto and found innocent, I will unvote. But this is my best shot at guessing who would be a Cultist among us.

Bhah. With many night action holders confirmed, it really does help us find the cultists potentially hiding within the night actions. Somebody who can't be verified certainly merits sacrificing.

:facepalm: Bhah! Grandmothers girders, I fully intended to vote earlier. I really must get my Hippocampus examined, dontcha know?

Vote: Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi)

There, at least someone admits that the night immunity theory doesn't make any sense. The reason all the unsuccessful night actions are focused on me is that I am the one being framed here. And because the important actions have been focused on me since that first unsuccessful result. It's a vicious circle and in the meantime the scum are free to do whatever they choose to. That is the reason why we haven't been successful catching them at night, because we haven't been looking in the right direction.

Bwah? But, surely framing you would yield some result, not just the nothing people have seemed to receive. After all, the framer misleads, not confounds.

Well since this is likely my last chance to help this ungrateful camp, I will not let my vote to be totally wasted.

It's nothing personal Roger, but with the limited information I have my guts tell me that you're the most likely candidate for a scum in disguise. You have a role that the Cultists would love to have -- and probably do -- and you can pretend helping the town by doing exactly what you are asked to. If someone tells me that you have been investigated by Bluto and found innocent, I will unvote. But this is my best shot at guessing who would be a Cultist among us.

Bhaa-haa-haa! Worry not! I fully understand; my confession of my night action came at an inopportune moment, and just when someone mentioned wanting a virgin cop. But, I'm no cultist. :wink:

Not loosing too much? What are the chances of preventing a night kill when a single protector is trying to guess which Virgin will be the most likely scum target every night?

Slim, I will give you that, but keeping you around to learn which Virgins are being protected and hoping that you will help us by protecting one of them when you are actually a Cultist would be a severe mistake. I do not know about the others, but I do not want to take that chance.

At least one of us has to be Scum, and you are currently the most suspicious one in the group due to almost all the actions on you failing. I do not see why we would not take this risk.

Perhaps you would like me to adopt a defense reminiscent of a proven Virgin instead?

ADHO15, on 01 February 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

I am a Cultist!

:tongue:

Funny. :hmpf_bad:

Bwah? But, surely framing you would yield some result, not just the nothing people have seemed to receive. After all, the framer misleads, not confounds.

Because I wasn't framed in the role sense, by a framer. Framed like in set up to look suspicious by repeated use of Cultist Unsuccessful Result BlocksTM (aka CURBs) on me or the people targeting me (mainly).

Bhaa-haa-haa! Worry not! I fully understand; my confession of my night action came at an inopportune moment, and just when someone mentioned wanting a virgin cop. But, I'm no cultist. :wink:

I forgot to mention that your role is also pretty much a duplicate of the Cherrinator, just less useful. Just thought I would add that.

Vote Tally

Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi): 11 votes (Cecilie, CorneliusMurdock, Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Sandy, Zepher, Eskallon, KielDaMan, WhiteFang, ADHO, Professor Flitwick)

Roger Goodenarde (Professor Flitwick): 1 vote (Fugazi)

If there are no objections or unvotes within the next 12 hours, we will close the day early.

Because I wasn't framed in the role sense, by a framer. Framed like in set up to look suspicious by repeated use of Cultist Unsuccessful Result BlocksTM (aka CURBs) on me or the people targeting me (mainly).

So you're saying that the scum knew exactly who was going to target you those nights and used CURBsTM on them in order to make you look scummy? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just for you. Besides how did they know who was going to target you? I could believe that they knew who Bluto is and tried to confuse us with no results. Funny how when he didn't target you last night he finally did get a result on someone.

And no, I won't confirm who was cleared last night to the scum I'm voting out. The people who need to know do.

Or are you saying that the people who targeted you those nights are all Cultists? How many do you think are left for that to be possible?

I forgot to mention that your role is also pretty much a duplicate of the Cherrinator, just less useful. Just thought I would add that.

How the hell do you know about that role. *huh*

Oh and don't worry Fugazi, if you are scum, or even if you are innocent. Flitwick here will be done for too. Since he has failed to bring anything to the table in six days and is a total nutcase.

Oh and while I am at it, I would like to point out that our camel friend is also an annoying prick, I have seen next to nothing from him, less than we see from flitwick over there.

If there are no objections or unvotes within the next 12 hours, we will close the day early.

I object! There are unvotes, see:

Unvote: Roger Goodenarde (Professor Flitwick)

Since you are all still bent on lynching me, I am tempted to make this day last as long as possible and bore you to death. Can I have an extension to 96 hours please? :devil:

Ok, maybe not.

So you're saying that the scum knew exactly who was going to target you those nights and used CURBsTM on them in order to make you look scummy? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just for you. Besides how did they know who was going to target you? I could believe that they knew who Bluto is and tried to confuse us with no results. Funny how when he didn't target you last night he finally did get a result on someone.

I don't know how their actions work. Maybe they're targeting me, maybe they're targeting active townies in order to frame me, maybe they have different plans that just happen to make me look guilty. What it does suggest is that they have someone with inside knowledge of the townie moves.

How the hell do you know about that role. *huh*

Bwah? Why'd change it to make it look like I said that? :wacko:

Oh and don't worry Fugazi, if you are scum, or even if you are innocent. Flitwick here will be done for too. Since he has failed to bring anything to the table in six days and is a total nutcase.

Oh and while I am at it, I would like to point out that our camel friend is also an annoying prick, I have seen next to nothing from him, less than we see from flitwick over there.

Bhaa-haa-haa! Don't start all that holier-than-thou business Lieutenant,

Bwah? Why'd change it to make it look like I said that? :wacko:

Oops, that was meant to be aimed at Fugazi.

Wow, that is a bit harsh from the rude prick who thinks he can sit around barking orders at peoples' screen names all day. I forgot that you are the sole reason for catching all of the Cultists so far and are therefore indispensible to the camp who really want you to stick around and piss people off. :hmpf_bad:

What do you think is going to happen? Goodenarde is going to announce his results every morning? Maybe if you earned some trust for yourself, he would share them with you.

What do you want me to do? I add what I can to the discussion, just as much as you do, and more than people who have been asleep for the past two days. Who says I am not working hard behind the scenes?

What it does suggest is that they have someone with inside knowledge of the townie moves.

There's no one person who would have known all the information about what was planned besides myself and two others who have been cleared beyond a doubt. They have proven themselves time and again.

Bhaa-haa-haa! Don't start all that holier-than-thou business Lieutenant, it doesn't become you! :laugh:

Wow, that is a bit harsh from the rude prick who thinks he can sit around barking orders at peoples' screen names all day. I forgot that you are the sole reason for catching all of the Cultists so far and are therefore indispensible to the camp who really want you to stick around and piss people off. :hmpf_bad:

It might just be the punishing heat of this god-damned desert that's messing you with guys, but pls. let cooler heads prevail and refrain from throwing around unnecessary insults and baseless accusations. For all you know, we are all in the same team. :wink:

:sick:

And where's our friend Ishaq? Every day I look forward to his contribution. I'm sure he will get me out of this mess.

Oh, and can anyone guess the poet I am quoting below? Free unsuccessful result for the winner! :oh:

And why hasn't everyone jumped on the bandwagon? Aloysius, Goodenarde, Leplot and Ettaq, this is your last chance to save yourselves! Tomorrow you will be scrutinised for weird voting behaviour and refusing to lynch a townie, an obvious scum tell.

As much as I previously regarded you with high respect and would've wanted to believe your defense Mr. Nicholas, one thing I distinctly find lacking in your statements is SINCERITY, something a true Innocent Campie will never fail to have. Perfect examples of those of who put up sincere defenses are our dearly-departed Ms. Penelope and Mr. Fitzdef, Ms. Jennifer Taylor, and heck even Hans yesterday (despite most of his questionable defense) had some bit of 'sincerity and genuine concern for the Town when he suggested to look at the investigator who had a false result on him (which was fake). But you? You're a smart guy, you've put up a valid defense IMO, but you lack sincerity and then resort to sarcastic remarks either out of desperation or you're just completely annoyed that the Campies finally got you, you scummy cultist. I think it's just the Cult that you've joined that brainwashed you, as I believe there's good in you in Mr. Nicholas. Sorry but we just have to do what we have to do. :classic:

As much as I previously regarded you with high respect and would've wanted to believe your defense Mr. Nicholas, one thing I distinctly find lacking in your statements is SINCERITY, something a true Innocent Campie will never fail to have.

I'm sorry you do not regard me with high respect anymore, but you will not have me begging for mercy. If my arguments won't be heard, it's too bad. I'm not a Virgin, so nobody really has any qualms about 'testing' me. I understand that the loss of one protector doesn't worry this camp overmuch. For one thing, my death will not directly cause the our demise. But more importantly, there's a major difference between my case and the lynches of the sincere campies who came before me -- I do not have hope. See, all of them could have been investigated and cleared, so I can understand their desperation and frustration at being lynched without anyone trying to clear their name. I on the other hand cannot hope to be investigated again, since it has proven impossible twice. What can I ask for that hasn't been tried already? If my arguments won't be heard because you only want to consider night evidence, what more can I do?

Yes I'm annoyed that the Campies got me, because I'm one of them. Camp FTW! :wink:

Final Vote Tally

Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi): 11 votes (Cecilie, CorneliusMurdock, Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Sandy, Zepher, Eskallon, KielDaMan, WhiteFang, ADHO, Professor Flitwick)

Roger Goodenarde (Professor Flitwick): 1 vote (Fugazi)

Day Six Conclusion

The campies have all decided that Nicholas Hoare should be fed to the statue....

... but he's not going without a fight.

6802658707_ba30ddaf75_z.jpg

'Let me live!' he pleads, 'or I'll do unspeakable things to this teddy bear.'

The campies are outraged. 'Not ... Schnoookums?!' someone wails.

'You wouldn't dare!'

6802664873_3367ddbde7_z.jpg

Aloysius is so outraged he bites Nicholas on the shoulder.

'Ouch!' yelps Nicholas. 'Right, that's it!'

He throws the bear at the delighted Jenny Taylor...

6802670049_a6d0ff01f9_z.jpg

'Schnoookums!' she exclaims, and hugs the bear to her chest, delighted (as, perhaps, is the bear).

Nicholas slaps Roger good and hard with the spatula...

6802676603_20c9271377_z.jpg

'Bhaa-haa-haa yourself, you great stereotype!' he sneers.

Having created a distraction, he runs through the crowd....

6802685189_b73e8cc9e5_z.jpg

... knocking Mellifluous Murgatroyd to the ground. Johnson Cox attempts to rugby-tackle him, but being American, and not wearing the requisite padding, he fails.

Nicholas sprints passed the now quite wrinkly Ossie and Is, still enjoying their hot tub...

6802698045_2f64099662_z.jpg

'Hi, Nicholas,' they chorus, unperturbed.

He leaps up the steps, past the hithertoo ignored Spider Guardian, to the remains of the rope-bridge...

6802705595_bd800e9c2f_z.jpg

'You'll never take me alive!' he screams.

'...And?' says someone.

... and plunges into the scorpion pit below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scorpions, however, have other ideas.

6802714983_03981f73c5_z.jpg

To everyone's surprise, not least Nicholas's, a trail of scorpions emerge from the pit, and carry him back down the steps....

6802720909_c4411c85e2_z.jpg

... past the astonished campies, who wisely make a gangway...

6802728395_d808c12615_z.jpg

... and bear him inexorably into the mouth of the IMHOTEP.

Please get your night actions to us within 24 hours.