Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

I just noticed that the 2010 Atlantis Treasure game featured an old-style diver on the cover, so maybe that might whet some appetites while we wait (or just make the wait even worse). It obviously wouldn't be possible for a real minifigure to look just like that since the helmet wouldn't fit over the head, but it's still making me pretty excited to see what LEGO might've come up with. Not that there are any guarantees that a diver would be this of this style/type. It might just be a female equivalent of the previous "modern" diver.

Ohhh... I hope you are right. I would love an old style diver. Especially in consideration of Phyre's logic about king Neptune in series 7, it seems to make sense.

These are my personal predictions, and I have NO sources at all.

-The football player will be an american football player. It will use (as already said) the Hockey parts. I honestly do NOT believe he will come with a ball. I instead believe he will be dressed in red to match the new cheerleader.

-The diver will be and old stile one.

-The vampire will sure look like the manbat in the vampyre castle (I believe that rumour).

-The alien will look a little "avatarish" like on Toth's design.

-The trader will be a businessman. He will come with another portable PC.

-Pirate captain will have a peg leg.

-The cowgirl will come indeed with WW's lazo, but in reddish brown.

I repeat these are personal predictions, not a source at all.

These are my personal predictions, and I have NO sources at all.

-The football player will be an american football player. It will use (as already said) the Hockey parts. I honestly do NOT believe he will come with a ball. I instead believe he will be dressed in red to match the new cheerleader.

-The diver will be and old stile one.

-The vampire will sure look like the manbat in the vampyre castle (I believe that rumour).

-The alien will look a little "avatarish" like on Toth's design.

-The trader will be a businessman. He will come with another portable PC.

-Pirate captain will have a peg leg.

-The cowgirl will come indeed with WW's lazo, but in reddish brown.

I repeat these are personal predictions, not a source at all.

I agree about most of those but I'm not so sure about the portable PC. Too similar to S7, if you ask me. Not that I wouldn't like another one but. . . :wink:

Did this situation happen before, that the last series was released, but we didn't have pictures of the next? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have time to go over the whole topic.

Did this situation happen before, that the last series was released, but we didn't have pictures of the next? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have time to go over the whole topic.

We got final Series 6 images the same day and time as we got the first Series 7, almost a year ago, <.<

-Sci

Things I would like to see in Series 8

Construction Worker with pick axe and hi vis vest.

Mailman with satchel and letter

Female Chef with chopping knife and board.

Soldier (it's time lego) with helmet and rifle

Classic Space Astronaut (in Green) with walkie talkie and airbottles

Zombie Cheerleader with ragged pom poms

Fairy (short legs) with wings want and tiara!

Fire Chief with gold helmet and fire axe

Vicar with holy book and crusifix

Rockband drummer with 3piece drumkit and sticks.

Hook Pirate with cutlass hook and Wig hat combo hairpiece.

Medusa Gorgon (snake tail) with bow and quiver.

Basketball player with basket ball.

Office Working Lady - with clipboard and handbag

King Arthur with Crown and Excalibur

Rocketeer with jetpack and ray gun

You know that we already have a list, right? :l

-Sci

I agree about most of those but I'm not so sure about the portable PC. Too similar to S7, if you ask me. Not that I wouldn't like another one but. . . :wink:

How about an 18th or 19th century American trader, 'coonskin cap and a brown bess rifle. Lego was heavily into the cowboy theme, part of the original park in Denmark is still an Old West town. Could lead to a new round of Old West, American Civil War or Revolutionary war soldiers at least in CMF.

Not exactly Series 8 news but there are some photos surfacing of the "Hobbit" minifigs they are going to revel at Comic Con . It wouldn't be hard to imagine that Series 8 might be there too.

How about an 18th or 19th century American trader, 'coonskin cap and a brown bess rifle. Lego was heavily into the cowboy theme, part of the original park in Denmark is still an Old West town. Could lead to a new round of Old West, American Civil War or Revolutionary war soldiers at least in CMF.

I would love a Fur-trader sort of guy. But given the fact that this list was translated, I'm guessing it's a buisnessman :cry_sad:

I would love a Fur-trader sort of guy. But given the fact that this list was translated, I'm guessing it's a buisnessman :cry_sad:

I don't know, with that dwarf hat that just surfaced, I'm thinking there is a pretty good chance it will be a fur trader.

I don't know, with that dwarf hat that just surfaced, I'm thinking there is a pretty good chance it will be a fur trader.

Dwarf Hat? Are you talking about the hat on the fourth-from-the-left hobbit from the new pictures (the one that looks to me like it has antlers :wink: )

We already have the series 8 list, but I think most of these would be good ones for Lego to release.

The green astronaut and rocketeer sound very appealing to me :wub:

I'm pretty certain there won't be a minifig using that hat.

Dwarf Hat? Are you talking about the hat on the fourth-from-the-left hobbit from the new pictures (the one that looks to me like it has antlers :wink: )

Whether it's fur with fur or fur with antlers, the hat would work for a fur trader. And it is a dwarf - Bilbo is the only hobbit.

Whether it's fur with fur or fur with antlers, the hat would work for a fur trader. And it is a dwarf - Bilbo is the only hobbit.

OK - I don't know much about the Movie (or book). I guess it would work for a fur trader, but I think that if LEGO was going to make a fur trader minifig, they'd do a different kind of hat :wink:

i was at lego shop today and was told the diver in series 8 was going to be old fashioned type with brass helmet. like in men of honour.

I know thats not the Club magazine Pirate Captain - but could that be the Trader, Conquistador and Fairy?

No.

Or at least I highly doubt it. It would be very strange not to use the new pirate, the knight's helmet is wrong for a conquistador, I don't see how the western fig is identifiable as a trader and it's a very strange place to show them for the first time.

It's just a 'generic' pirate, cowboy, knight and fairy if you ask me.

Edited by Weil

i was at lego shop today and was told the diver in series 8 was going to be old fashioned type with brass helmet. like in men of honour.

If that proves correct, I will have to pick one up. :wub:

I am also with rogueang, hoping for a Frontiersmen Trader.

If that proves correct, I will have to pick one up. :wub:

I am also with rogueang, hoping for a Frontiersmen Trader.

I will be so thrilled if here is an old brass hat diver :cry_happy:

I think the trader will either be an old school fur trader/ Daniel Boone type frontiersman or a more middle eastern market seller, similar to some of the PoP figs.

I think the trader will either be an old school fur trader/ Daniel Boone type frontiersman or a more middle eastern market seller, similar to some of the PoP figs.

Don't get me wrong. . . I would love a Fur Trader. It's just that I'm skeptical. . . :wink:

Don't get me wrong. . . I would love a Fur Trader. It's just that I'm skeptical. . . :wink:

I really don't think it will be a fur trader either. Just wishful thinking on my part.