Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Enemy Robot-kind of like the cyborg/space villain from a past series.

Evil Female Alien-kind of like the aliens from Alien Conquest, but a girl.

Want.

Santaaaaa.png

Hopefully that will be the hat. Hey, I rhymed!

The other ones might've been translated wrong? Evil Female Alien could be Medusa for all I know.

-Sci

Yeah. Maybe not even that wrong, just enough for the Lego employee to say that they aren't correct. :wink:

I like the Santa minifigure from what I can see of it. Should be pretty nice. :classic:

So Angeli was right! I guess.. cause when he saw this "half wrong list" he said some of them were not what he first heard/saw.. :grin: Can't wait for that Dark lady with tiara then.

If you look at that catalog, it shows Santa holding a snow globe. It looks awesome. I really hope that is the figure for series 8! If they have to update/release that particular santa for the Advent Calendar, then I guess I'll have to find a way to get him there.

The Santa in the catalogue doesn't say anything about it being one of the minifigures... if half of the list we have is wrong, I suspect someone got confused and added the Santa from the advent calendar and the Vampire from Monster Hunters to the list.

Well, after all, one thing is sure. Minifig production is (if not totally, at least nearly) complete, and they will be shipped soon all over the world, if they think they should sell them in 40 days. Some "evil" afol will have the chance to take a picture of a box for sure. TLC has succeeded in conceiling the 16 minifigs, further more there are a lot of people still asking if that shopkeeper said the truth about "half" being correct. We are questioning a lot about that, but if really S8 is out in Semptember (and we have no reasonable doubt for thinking they will delay it), time for pictures has really come, and we will know. (I personally claim false the rumour that half list is not correct)

Last year, about august if I recall correctly, we had spoilers on S6 pictures (9 out of 16) from that chinese forum. The others were revealed in november. So, we should be near to spoilers to S9 and S8 still is a mistery. They really have done well, I repeat, congrats TLC, but now really, game over, show the $&%$& pics!!! :laugh:

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Spot a fitting accessory for the boy in Bavarian costume:

[/img]

Coincidence? I think not. :tongue:

The pretzel? Good idea - in fact there's probably a 'what will each minifigs accessory be?' guessing game to be had.

SHAZAM!

8833_preview.jpg

8833_package.jpg

8833_parade.jpg

I NEED EVERY FIGURE IN THIS SERIES!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

The one I like best is the DJ. Looks simple enough for me to replace the yellow with flesh. But most importantly, we finally get headphones!! I wonder if they'll be attached to his hair or not. I'm hoping for the latter but it looks like the former. His torso looks fantastic too and the disc looks great.

EDIT: Actually, almost all of the figs I want look simple enough to replace yellow with flesh. And with the black Man-bat thing, it's not even an issue.

Edited by purpleparadox

-eyegasm-

*oh2* (Falls off chair) Whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Those are amazing! I absolutely love the actor's ruff! And the conquistador? :wub:

Edited by Rick
Please don't include images in quotes unnecessarily

ooooooh a lacey collar on the shakespear guy. Finally we can make some renaissance figures. I love the conquistador too :wub:

Crap, I'm one minute late! Had problems with inserting photos and you were faster. :wacko::hmpf_bad:

I'm aboslutely amazed. Old style diver, as expected, 'Trader' is really from 19th century, Giant vampire-like Vampyre. :wub: These predictions were right. What suprises me is Shakespeare-ish actor, 'Ancient Thespis' was clearly mistranslated, but he's great. Conquistador looks fantastic, too. And the Bavarian guy with pretzel! Superb series! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Did LEGO get a special offer on gold parts or what? :tongue:

The Pirate, the Conquistador, the Bavarian and the Hamlet-type guy are all destined to join my collection.

Are those wings part of the bat-guy's arms?

Eeyup. The Monster Fighters Man-bat is the same way.

-Sci

Thanks for the pictures CM4S! My thoughts are kind of mixed on this series. One half is excellent, with minifigures fans have been waiting for a long time, like the Conquistador and the Diver, but the other half is made up of boring repetitions, like the Robot, which is a combination of the S1 Robot and the S3 Space Villain. :angry:

Broken down to each fig:

-1800's guy: looks good, but I would like a closeup. Maybe he's Dr. Watson?

-American football player: I wonder what's the ball like.

-Cheerleader: a recolor of the S1 one. Boring. :thumbdown:

-Female alien: I'm a bit on the line with this one. Probably I'll buy it.

-Conquistador: excellent figure! :thumbup: Is that a gold armor piece?

-Robot: see my comment on the series.

-Bavarian Guy: looks good. Is that the new pretzel mold from the Bag End set?

-Fairy: a disappointment. :thumbdown: I expected something like one of those drawings that many minifigures have been based on.

-Cowgirl: nice hat+hair piece. I probably won't get this, because I'm not into Western. Is that Wonder Woman's lasso?

-DJ: looks good, the headphones are great.

-Man-Bat: this is great for those who don't want to buy the Vampyre Castle, but want the new arm piece.

-Diver: great figure! Are those 1x1 plates under the feet?

-Pirate: great figure, is that a gold pirate sword?

-Skier: average, but it can be useful for mountain MOCs.

-Santa: great new hat and bag mold.

-Hamlet: my personal favorite figure, great printing, and that neck piece can come in handy for Castle MOCs.

Edited by Bricktooth

-1800's guy: looks good, but I would like a closeup. Maybe he's Dr. Watson?

He's not an 1800s guy - he's a sterotypical British working gent - think the Dad in Mary Poppins.