Sign in to follow this  
Kayne

Kaliph Moria

On the lush island of Moria, Avalonia lies Kaliph Moria. The embassy of the Kaliphlin Guild in the city of Moria. Built from the native resources of the area, but also with some sandstone imported from their homeland, the Kalihplin Guild strategically chose a location near an inland spring. Used to the rigors of the desert and the constant struggle for water, the Kaliphites felt this would be a stroke of genius. Of course, after living in Avalonia for a while, they realized that water is about as abundant as sand is in their home desert. Still, it made for a nice view, so the Kaliphites are still happy with their location!

6737789003_70e9a1214a.jpg

6737790007_cb95223eca.jpg

6737790803_a293cfbe40.jpg

6737791767_6a1841a77f.jpg

6737792949_a041988803.jpg

The Avalonians enjoy the trade at the Kaliphlin embassy, where they can find goods and services not available elsewhere in Avalonia...

6737794165_235a057ac2.jpg

6737795119_641cbcc698.jpg

So, here is my entry for the embassy challenge. I am a bit disappointed with the pictures. My 2 year old destroyed my camera the other day, so this is with my backup digital camera.

Great one! As i already mentioned on flickr, it's great, how well an "Avalonian" design incorporates with the Kaliphin' colors.

Keeping it short (i have to go to bed, it's 2.30 in the morning..) - some critique: The tower's section right under the roof looks a bit too "blocky" in my opinion. I'd incorporate something more filigree but i can't think of an option right now. Maybe will i get an idea..

Strong entry - i hope mine can stand this.. ;)

Best regards!

Great one! As i already mentioned on flickr, it's great, how well an "Avalonian" design incorporates with the Kaliphin' colors.

Keeping it short (i have to go to bed, it's 2.30 in the morning..) - some critique: The tower's section right under the roof looks a bit too "blocky" in my opinion. I'd incorporate something more filigree but i can't think of an option right now. Maybe will i get an idea..

Strong entry - i hope mine can stand this.. ;)

Best regards!

I think you are talking about the tower in back with the tan and white incorporated at the top....I agree. In person it looks pretty cool. After I took the picture and looked at it, I thought "wow that does not flow as well as I thought!". Oh well....gives me something to work on now!

Fantastic entry Kayne! A very strong start for the mighty Kaliphlin guild :thumbup:

Lovely colours in here, it keeps it different without making it too unrealistic. The two tall towers are very well done and the waterfall is simply stunning.

I think you are talking about the tower in back with the tan and white incorporated at the top....I agree. In person it looks pretty cool. After I took the picture and looked at it, I thought "wow that does not flow as well as I thought!". Oh well....gives me something to work on now!

Personally I think the colour offset works quite well to draw attention to the tower - if it had been in a similar grey tone then the eye's focus would naturally rest on the blue building and the tower may have been missed. Just my thoughts anyhow. Really nice sturdy looking design and great incorporation of guild colours, you should be pleased with how this has turned out :thumbup:

This is fantastic!

Brilliant work. This would be a lovely place for our brothers to come rest for a while.

Even your old camera does a great job of pictures.

My only thoughts/suggestion is perhaps make the tower slightly more interesting? perhaps some windows or arrow slits? Maybe some banners or those black teeth?

Lovely build Kayne, a great start for Kaliphlin. The trees and waterfall are beautifully built, the tree adds a huge amount from your earlier shots. The timberwork looks great too. Well done

:classic:

A wonderful, colourful embassy Kayne! The very different styles of corner towers you have complement each other very well. :thumbup: Great landscaping too!

Oh! I just love it! You really managed to blend Avalonia and Kalipin very well! The scenery outside is very nice! Great work!!

I like the infusion of Kaliphlin and Mitgardia. The rounded tower is great, and I really like the blue building and it's roof. It really looks like The Embassy was built according to Mitgardian architecture, but the Kaliphlin natives have added their own accents to it. The snake charmer is my favorite BTW. Great MOC!

This is so nice. I love all the texture and color. Every part of your build is a different building style. There is so much going on here that I have to look at it over and over again. :thumbup:

I like this "fortified" embassy. In my opinion, embassies in a time of unrest that Historica seems to be immersed in would be fortified just like this one. And located next to a water source is just in character. Although perhaps they need a way to access the water from inside the walls such as a secret pipeline that can be controlled from inside the walls in case the embassy be besieged?

I like this "fortified" embassy. In my opinion, embassies in a time of unrest that Historica seems to be immersed in would be fortified just like this one. And located next to a water source is just in character. Although perhaps they need a way to access the water from inside the walls such as a secret pipeline that can be controlled from inside the walls in case the embassy be besieged?

I agree, this is a great example of a fortified embassy. International relations are not the greatest during this period, and sometimes you just have too pull close the doors and wait out a diplomatic problem. Don't worry, if you have to do so GEAR will send a rescue and resupply expedition!

Wonderfully nice, building. I would hardly consider it Kaliphlin looking, although maybe I'm wrong about that, but it's a very "happening" scene.