Sign in to follow this  
Bjornu

Islanders at the Coast

[pid][/pid]199C

Hello Pirates!

Bjornu is back again, this time with a fresh new "Theme" to work on: The Islanders.

As a child I played many many times with the Enchanted Islands of my friends, this set became one of my strongest memories.

Because these memories were always very heartwarming, I decided to do a Islander MOC on the Coastguard baseplate.

IMO it turned out into a very cool Islander scene. :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh:

Well here the MOC is:

The Village at the coast

snc00854.jpg

A woman preparing fish for dinner, with a baby in the background ( added a Knot-hairpiece to the baby to make it look bigger)

snc00832.jpg

Im definately not against the Armada but the Armade helmets look so cool on skeletons!

An proud Islander warrior wearing the captured Spanish armor is standing next to the Altar of War.

snc00834.jpg

An interesting add to the village: The Altar of the Gods.

Beneath the wooden floor there is a hidden treasure, uncover it by lifting up the wooden floor ( Watch the Video to see how it can be accessed in two diffrent ways)

snc00840.jpg

And ofcourse a video of the MOC with inside a video how to access the treasure!

:

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Please dont hesitate to comment!

Greetz Bjornu!

Edited by Bjornu

Whilst I like the MOC overall, it's a little strange to see that Islanders with non-classic Islander heads/hair. Like the woman preparing the fish wearing lipstick... kind of strange. It's not bad I guess, just made me double-take at first. I'm used to seeing them with their high-cropped, bone-hair. Still, nice work. :pir-classic:

Very nice, I love the hidden treasure, that's very typical for the big Islander set enchanted island, only thing missing would be a kahuka statue and a boat (that is if you're going for the classic style) :kahuka:

Very nice, I love the hidden treasure, that's very typical for the big Islander set enchanted island, only thing missing would be a kahuka statue and a boat (that is if you're going for the classic style) :kahuka:

I was thinking about a statue and a boat, Both would have been a little to big for the basplate because:

-The boat, were would it fit? Upside down ashore ( not much space left =[ ) or in the water ( can't because there is almost no room! )

-Statue, I really like the kahuka statues but I considered them too large to fit nicely on my MOC :pir_laugh2:

Maybe these will be added in the upcoming Islander MOCs

Thanks for the tip!

Greetz Bjornu!

What set is that base-plate from?

"Because these memories were always very heartwarming, I decided to do a Islander MOC on the Coastguard baseplate."

This baseplate is from the Lego City Coastguard set.

I did another MOC on this baseplate:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55791&st=0&p=994587&hl=Bluecoat%20outpost&fromsearch=1entry994587

There is also a Video of the MOC on my Youtube Channel !

Greetz Bjornu

"Because these memories were always very heartwarming, I decided to do a Islander MOC on the Coastguard baseplate."

Yes, I saw that in the first post, just wasn't familiar with that set. If it's not pirates or castle it doesn't exist. :tongue:

again this baseplate! :pir-laugh:

it's really useful, and Bjornu, You have done a great job. :thumbup:

the only odd is the woman preparing the fish, that hair style is very european, anyhow, great islander MOC... not seen every day :kahuka:

I like this, Islanders haven't been real popular lately in the MOC forum, it's great to see them coming back.

Bjournu do you have a clearer picture of the first picture in your post? I'd like to blog this but the current image is a bit blurry.

I like this, Islanders haven't been real popular lately in the MOC forum, it's great to see them coming back.

Bjournu do you have a clearer picture of the first picture in your post? I'd like to blog this but the current image is a bit blurry.

Thank you Big Cam !

well this is the new Picture:

snc00854.jpg

( Note: In the Netherlands the days are very dark these weeks, Bad weather and short days....)

If you think this picture is also too blurry, I'll have to make pictures when the weather isnt too bad.

About the Islanders on the Forum, expect more Islander MOCs from me.

I'm really into the Islanders at the moment. :pir-laugh::kahuka:

:pir-laugh:

Greetz Bjornu !

You make me want do dig up my islanders and build my own version of enchanted island :pir-laugh:

You sure do love that catamaran, don't you Sebeus? :pir-laugh:

And yes, there would certainly be a catamaran in it :pir-wink:

(love to use these emoticons here)

You make me want do dig up my islanders and build my own version of enchanted island :pir-laugh:

So, why wouldn't you do that then? :pir-laugh:

The Islander theme is very fun to build with, and the next 3 or 4 MOCs I'll make are probably going to be Islander themed.

Thats because I saw some pictures from 1996 where I was playing with the old Enchanted Island, these memories were so Heartwarming.

I just had to do my childhood over :pir-laugh:

So, I hope you also start doing Islander MOCs.

Maybe I can borrow some Cool techniques from your MOCs then :pir-laugh:

Greetz Bjornu

Cool MOC island, I too have a few of those islanders, catamran and Kahuka's throne.. This is certainly one that brings back memories of poking pirates with arrows and spears and them retaliating with a cannon broadside, demolishing sets in simulation! Good one Bjornu! I like the little baby and the thached roof.

Ah Bjornu!

It's you once back again.

I'm glad your coming back with new Islander MOCs.

Your Youtubechannel became a little bit more famous I saw, Your also doing MW3 Guns?

As for this MOC, I really like the watch tower with the colored pillars and the Altar that can be lifted.

Your video was also cool with the spooky music, next time try to put your camera on something solid ( Too much shaking).

I'll be waiting for your next MOC!

Tib

Ah Bjornu!

It's you once back again.

I'm glad your coming back with new Islander MOCs.

Your Youtubechannel became a little bit more famous I saw, Your also doing MW3 Guns?

As for this MOC, I really like the watch tower with the colored pillars and the Altar that can be lifted.

Your video was also cool with the spooky music, next time try to put your camera on something solid ( Too much shaking).

I'll be waiting for your next MOC!

Tib

Good to see you'r still watching my videos and creations.

I hope you'll like what you see, and are going to see!

About the camera: it's true I'll try to put it on something solid next time!

Cool MOC island, I too have a few of those islanders, catamran and Kahuka's throne.. This is certainly one that brings back memories of poking pirates with arrows and spears and them retaliating with a cannon broadside, demolishing sets in simulation! Good one Bjornu! I like the little baby and the thached roof.

Good memories indeed, I share the same actually!

Well, the baby technique is not mine but I did add another hairpiece to make it look bigger!

Thanks for commenting!

Greetz Bjornu

I started my own Islanders moc...

well, physically I haven't build anything yet, I only have a name and an Idea but unfortunatly also a big dilemma :pir_wacko:

So Bjornu, I see your baseplate is tan colored, I'm considering using yellow for the beaches, like the classic sets, it might be risky as tan is kind of the standard nowadays, what do you think ?

I started my own Islanders moc...

well, physically I haven't build anything yet, I only have a name and an Idea but unfortunatly also a big dilemma :pir_wacko:

So Bjornu, I see your baseplate is tan colored, I'm considering using yellow for the beaches, like the classic sets, it might be risky as tan is kind of the standard nowadays, what do you think ?

I would go for Tan, It makes the MOC look realistic.

Besides that, I use Yellow for walls, pillars and other building parts for the Islanders.

But hey if you want to go for yellow, It adds a classic feel so I think this is pretty much Up to you.

Anyways: Im using Tan for my Islander Mocs!

Thank you Big Cam !

well this is the new Picture:

That'll do good sir, look for it soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Great MOC, all the details of portraying islander life are great. :pir-grin:

I hope you'll stay tuned, soon there will come more MOCs with the Islander life portraied.

The tough and hard life to protect themselves against Pirates and armies searching for Gold....

That'll do good sir, look for it soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I removed the blurry picture, I thought it wasn't worth it to leave it in the post when there is a better picture.