Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

Brulum Harbor

Brulum Harbor is home to the the small town of the same name. Nestled at the mouth of the Brulum River, Brulum Harbor is one of the few rivers navigable by boats along the eastern shore of the Enchanted Forest.

brulum_harbor_1.jpg

The eastern, seaward coast of the town is walled with a guard tower at the south end, and Brulum keep at the north end.

brulum_harbor_2.jpg

Brulum keep protects the small town from invaders with the help of the towers to the north and south

brulum_harbor_3.jpg

The natural harbor provides protection from the squalls that roll down the coast.

brulum_harbor_4.jpg

The majority of residents have utilized the black stone roofing that is popular in Avalonia, while many of the town buildings and merchants use the red granite from the nearby granite quarries for their buildings. The thatched roofs of the poorer peasant dwellings are tucked away at the base of the cliffs. you can always find fresh produce and wares from the merchants of Circadia and the Elves of the Rustling Leaves Clan in the town square.

brulum_harbor_5.jpg

Brulum Port is one of main points of call for the Elvish triremes that are manned by elves who can navigate the treacherous fogs of the Mystic Isles.

brulum_harbor_6.jpg

The town of Brulum Harbor has fared well in the relative peace that has existed recently in Avalonia.

brulum_harbor_7.jpg

Walls and towers have been erected along the surrounding cliff tops, to protect the town from attacks from inland, while the seawalls and towers help protect from sea attacks.

brulum_harbor_8.jpg

Brulum Harbor has prospered under the reign of Artorious Rex, and has has been growing by leaps and bounds. As one of the only accessible ports in the Mystic Isles (via the Elven ships) Brulum Harbor provides a viable alternative route to the overland route out of the Enchanted Forest.

very nice. I love the macro "Map" I may have to do something similar for my Hamlet of Circardia.

I'm sure Lord Arlindus and his father Orthus will make many trips to Brulum Harbor.

What a great idea for showing a city!

I like the fact that you have built a whole mini-scale area of your land and you have done an excellent job! We can get a nice picture of what this area is like from this. Will you be building any of this in standard size?

This is such a fun idea! Love the outcome of it and it would be great if you (as DC is asking) are going to build some of the houses and walls in minifig size!

Thanks for the comments!

very nice. I love the macro "Map" I may have to do something similar for my Hamlet of Circardia.

I'm sure Lord Arlindus and his father Orthus will make many trips to Brulum Harbor.

The citizens of Brulum Harbor eagerly await the arrival of the Lords. It is a great occasion when nobility deigns to visit the Harbor.

What a great idea for showing a city!

I like the fact that you have built a whole mini-scale area of your land and you have done an excellent job! We can get a nice picture of what this area is like from this. Will you be building any of this in standard size?

I hope to build samples of some of the buildings, or maybe the town hall or church. I may even create one of the streets or the docks, if I'm feeling really ambitious.

WOW.

Why aren't there more comments?

This is absolutely amazing. Great details in such a small space.

This makes me want to try to build micros.

Thanks for the comments!

I will be receiving a BL shipment soon, so I can replace the red roofs with black ones. I wanted to build something with the pieces that I had instead of waiting on orders. This actually got built because I was watching football with my wife all day, and I wanted to work on something that required a few drawers - 2x4 bricks, gray and black 75' slopes, etc. By the time I was done though, I had a good 20 drawers and containers out in the living room, but I was pretty happy with the results. The only thing I am changing is those roofs. The black roofed buildings have tiles or shingles, while the yellow roofing is straw thatch.