Sign in to follow this  
Davor

Tatooine Street Diorama

Nice MOC you have there, But more photos would be nice, especially showing details, or building interiors... (If there are any...)

Anyway, good job.

Brick On!

This is really great Davor :wub:. The buildings with the red cloths, and the Imperial V-Wing in the hanger, and the generators/moisture vaporators, just all of it :grin: is great.

Excellent MOC! Some very nice detailing. You should add some more pictures of close ups. :thumbup:

Awesome so far...I think a few updates and it would look killer... I'd say start with covering up the lines where the baseplated butt together with some more tan bricks as sand.IMO :thumbup: :thumbup:

Some great desert buildings there! I feel like a few more sandtroopers might really make the scene (and maybe Luke's landspeeder? :devil: )

tnx for comments.

There isn`t going to be any more pictures, since moc is already recyled.

I really like this diorama and all its detail, but can I ask how you accomplished the large circular structure? I’ve never seen anything like that before.

It looks like you captured the town right on. Echoing what others have said, it'd be nice to see some close up detail pictures. Like, of what's inside the circular area, or close ups of the other buildings. Definitely cool. :thumbup:

circular hangar is done with 1x2 bricks (1 base raw with 1x2x5), on top of all this are 1x1 tile.

circular hangar is done with 1x2 bricks (1 base raw with 1x2x5), on top of all this are 1x1 tile.

Thanks for trying to explain the circular pattern, but I’m still not grasping the technique. If anyone reading this has close-up pictures of the technique used on the large circular cantina please PM me?

Lego-Circle.jpg

essentialy yes this is the same tehnic, BUT if you remove round bricks, and change 1x3 bricks into 1x2 bricks you can get only big circles. with this combination of round 1x1 + 1x2, or 1x3 bricks you can get really small circles, since you can bend more the wall.

1x2 bricks only technic - is good only for big circles, since you can`t bend it that much. I was able to do a "small" little bit less than 32x32 baseplate sized circle this way, and it only had 3-4 raws. with more than 4 raws I wasn`t able to bend it anymore to form 32x32 baseplete sized circle. So if you wanna build something that is tall, you will need to use bigger circle.

1x2 only:

(plus) size, smoothness

(minus) big size, bricks consumption

1x2/1x3 + 1x1 round:

(plus) small size

(minus) not smooth enought

Edited by Davor

Lego-Circle.jpg

essentialy yes this is the same tehnic, BUT if you remove round bricks, and change 1x3 bricks into 1x2 bricks you can get only big circles. with this combination of round 1x1 + 1x2, or 1x3 bricks you can get really small circles, since you can bend more the wall.

1x2 bricks only technic - is good only for big circles, since you can`t bend it that much. I was able to do a "small" little bit less than 32x32 baseplate sized circle this way, and it only had 3-4 raws. with more than 4 raws I wasn`t able to bend it anymore to form 32x32 baseplete sized circle. So if you wanna build something that is tall, you will need to use bigger circle.

1x2 only:

(plus) size, smoothness

(minus) big size, bricks consumption

1x2/1x3 + 1x1 round:

(plus) small size

(minus) not smooth enought

Thanks Davor for showing this picture of the technique. I thought that was what you were saying about 1x2 bricks, but did not think it was possible until you showed the picture. Really cool! Thanks for teaching me a new trick.

It's essentially this technique. :classic:

Thanks for the info Fallen! It’s good to know how to make the smaller circle too.

I was just using that technique for a sculpture, I only managed to get it down to 110 1X2 bricks per layer. How tight is the diameter of your circle?

I'm a great fan of anything tatooine so this diorama is right up my alley. Nice collection of buildings, the space port looks good, could maybe do with some more detail inside and some more figures/creatures outside to give the build some life. Overall great work, props to you sir :thumbup:

Amazing work - I feel transpoted to tatooine :sweet:

A couple of the new sandtroopers would really look good here :wink:

This MOC looks very cool! I like its every part expect the docking bay - I suppose it is too small...

Anyway, this is a great job :thumbup: