Sign in to follow this  
Captainmorgan

Friendship hairpieces good for Pirates?

Does anyone else think that Andrea's hair from the new Friends line could act as a governor's wig? I might buy a set for her hairpiece then build some random thing with the pieces. :pir_laugh2: If you have her hair how does it look, post it if you can. Thanks and your welcome! :jollyroger:

frnd004.jpg?193352.jpg?1

Edited by Big Cam
Image added for reference, and updated title

I'm not entirely sure about this but I believe that the LEGO Friends have different sized figs and their heads our bigger than ours :pir_laugh2:

But if I'm not correct (I haven't paid much attention to LEGO Friends) it would look pretty cool.

You can indeed switch hairpieces from regular minifigures and Friendsminifigures.

mmm no, I don't think it could work "great" to governor wig, the minifig looks like "Weird Al Yankovic" to me :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

when I saw it I personally thought it would look good on a minifigure of Brian May :pir_laugh2:

I actually thing it looks quite good... it has a traditional cavalier or 17th century French look, at least I think. Although, it looks somewhat like Weird Al, but then again, Weird Al's hair could belong to a cavalier or a French man.

17th century French look . . .

My first thought too, reminded me of one of the officers aboard the Acheron in the final chase scene. Or one of the POTC pirate lords. Can't seem to find a screenshot online. :pir-sceptic:

As for the original question, I wouldn't use this piece for a governor unless it was painted grey. It's a great mold though, thanks to TLG for making if minifig-compatible.

I rather like the look of it. Yes, it would need to be painted to pass for a powdered wig, but I think the general shape is pretty good.

Does anyone have a part number for it? I looked through the minifig headgear listings on bricklink, but didn't see it in there.

My first thought too, reminded me of one of the officers aboard the Acheron in the final chase scene. Or one of the POTC pirate lords. Can't seem to find a screenshot online. :pir-sceptic:

I thought the same thing. Here's the best screenshot I could find:

vlcsnap-2012-01-06-21h53m06s183.png

Fantastic, the haipiece fits perfectly, I'm gonna get some of these 'friends' sets :pir_laugh2:

LEGO is trying to draw girls with these new theme but I can imagine how a grown up man walks into a store, get all the friend sets and when a shop assistent asks him about a possible niece he's buying all this girly lego for he simple answers; "not at all, these are for myself".

And so leaving the assistent with the thoughts "what a strange man".

:pir_laugh2:

I think I'm gonna ask my sister to buy them for me.

Fantastic, the haipiece fits perfectly, I'm gonna get some of these 'friends' sets :pir_laugh2:

LEGO is trying to draw girls with these new theme but I can imagine how a grown up man walks into a store, get all the friend sets and when a shop assistent asks him about a possible niece he's buying all this girly lego for he simple answers; "not at all, these are for myself".

And so leaving the assistent with the thoughts "what a strange man".

:pir_laugh2:

I think I'm gonna ask my sister to buy them for me.

LMAO! Yeah, I think I rather buy the hair pieces on bricklink than go into the store and buy it... Although I do have nieces that I can use as an "excuse"

After seeing the side by side comparisons, I agree that the Friends hairpiece might not be the best for the governor, but I do think it would work for early Golden era (1640's) MOCs. Something about it just screams Restoration to me.

:pir_laugh2: You're a girly man!

:pir-hmpf_bad: Am not! The wig shop ran out of male wigs.

I think that it could work, but maybe dyed white.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I believe that the LEGO Friends have different sized figs and their heads our bigger than ours :pir_laugh2:

But if I'm not correct (I haven't paid much attention to LEGO Friends) it would look pretty cool.

I have a friends hairpiece and it fits(Do not ask how I got it)

I have a friends hairpiece and it fits(Do not ask how I got it)

This question was answered months ago, in this very thread with pictures.

Please do not bump threads for no reason.