Which is your favourite Friend?

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Friend?

• Andrea, the musician.
    • Emma, the designer.
    • Mia, the animal lover.
    • Stephanie, the wheels.
    • Olivia, the inventor.

I have no intention of collecting all of the Friends sets, but when I started to think about which of the Friends I would buy the sets of if I could only have three or four sets, the answer was immediately Olivia. I have no interest in beauty shops or animals shows, but I can't deny that there is a lot of appeal in an invention workshop, a treehouse and a full-sized home. Also her set includes the only male in the entire theme.

I have no idea what sets she is going to have in the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a mattress fort and a harrier jet.

Andrea:

frnd004.jpgfrnd014.jpg

Emma:

frnd001.jpgfrnd007.jpgfrnd011.jpg

Mia:

frnd005.jpgfrnd009.jpgfrnd016.jpg

Stephanie:

frnd002.jpgfrnd003.jpgfrnd008.jpg

Olivia:

frnd006.jpgfrnd010.jpgfrnd017.jpg

(Images from Brickset)

Edited by Rick
Added pictures of Friends

I need Olviva's hair to finish my minifig of death metal legend Mikael Ã…kerfeldt; thus, she is my favorite. :grin:

Olivia. I like the minidoll, and she seems to be the tomboy of the group.

Yeah, pretty much my opinion, too... Plus she kinda reminds me of my fiance (they even have the same hair :laugh: ), except that my fiance almost never wears dresses and doesn't like pink...

Olivia....she reminds me of Velma Dinkley, one of those surprise packet girls - that you think not much of until you see them on 4-Chan ! :laugh:

Can you please add pictures and the names in the first post for better illustration?

Friends in all their different outfits added to the first post. :wink:

(images from Brickset)

Yup, definitely Olivia! Nerds FTW! :tongue: Besides, she reminds me of Hermione/Emma Watson. :wub:

Friends in all their different outfits added to the first post. :wink:

(images from Brickset)

Thank you so much. :thumbup:

Well, Olivia's most like me personality-wise, at least from what I can gather from the website (haven't taken the quiz thingy). In terms of figure design I'm also fond of Mia and Andrea. Aesthetically, Andrea with the green top and pants might be my favorite fig (of those pictured here). But in terms of personality I'm probably gonna stick with the crowd and say Olivia.

Well, Olivia's most like me personality-wise

I suspect Olivia has the most in common with the average EBer in general, actually - she's obviously fond of making things, and clearly no stranger to "build-y" activities and hobbies. I dare say Olivia's the Friend most likely to be a LEGO fan herself. I'm thinking of giving her some Modulex bricks to play with. :grin:

In fact, it strikes me her robot is mostly white and grey, with some orange - still possibly a totally "scratchbuilt" 'bot given the environment of the set it's in (what with the tools and all), but also quite possibly her very own Mindstorms creation! *oh2*

I chose Olivia for a reason likely different from everyone else.

You made me interested. Are you willing to share your reason with us?

For an AFOL man, computer developer, nerd, geek,... Olivia without doubt.

For a collector AFOL, Andrea would be rare piece in the future, the others are combining parts yet, and we are only in first bunch of sets.

Marie is the example what it happends when a clever girl becomes blonde :tongue: (it's a easy joke, but as you can see, Olivia and Marie have the same face piece).

Marie is the example what it happends when a clever girl becomes blonde :tongue: (it's a easy joke, but as you can see, Olivia and Marie have the same face piece).

Er, no they don't....their lips are different and the eye's are two totally different colours. :wink:

Edit - hey, hang on there's no Marie, a Mia there is with freckles and brown eyes......Olivia has hazel eyes.

Stephanie is the blonde....I can guess the dizzy one of the crew...typical blonde. :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Er, no they don't....their lips are different and the eye's are two totally different colours. :wink:

Edit - hey, hang on there's no Marie, a Mia there is with freckles and brown eyes......Olivia has hazel eyes.

Stephanie is the blonde....I can guess the dizzy one of the crew...typical blonde. :laugh:

Actually, there is a Marie; she comes with 3061 City Park Café, as an employee of the establishment. While naturally most of the minidolls in the Friends line are versions of the (so far) five Friends around whom the line is based, a few other characters are included for them to interact with - Olivia's parents Anna and Peter (with Olivia's House), Sophie the veterinarian (with Heartlake Vet), and Marie the barista. And yes, Marie is indeed blonde (but otherwise does indeed look remarkably like Olivia).

:wink:

(And who's to say blondes can't be clever? :tongue: )

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Mia. She is similar to my daughter with the cute freckles and love of animals.

Ah Mia Mia Mia, I mean Mara Mara Mara Jade Skywalker. Yep redheads what can I say. Something spunky about red hair. :thumbup:

Actually, there is a Marie; she comes with 3061 City Park Café, as an employee of the establishment. While naturally most of the minidolls in the Friends line are versions of the (so far) five Friends around whom the line is based, a few other characters are included for them to interact with - Olivia's parents Anna and Peter (with Olivia's House), Sophie the veterinarian (with Heartlake Vet), and Marie the barista. And yes, Marie is indeed blonde (but otherwise does indeed look remarkably like Olivia).

Ah, not really my fault.....someone forgot to put her in the poll ? :blush::laugh:

Sorry for the controversy. I hope Marie works on the Café as a vocation not for the reason Hinckley commented in his review: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64241 (the joke was refered to that review)

Poor Andrea, she has least outfits to choose from, her body parts can't be swapped with other girls because of different skin tones. But I guess she can swap outfits with Sarah from the Beauty Shop?

Personality-wise I like Olivia a lot, but when it comes to appearance Mia is my favorite as red is my fave hair color :classic: And Sarah is also cute.

I actually chose Andrea to be my favourite, not necessarily personality-wise, but she's the most unique of the figs, and her white-and-green outfit simply looks the best out of the bunch. I would love to have a dark-skinned female minifig in my collection, but for now Andrea will have to do...

While naturally most of the minidolls in the Friends line are versions of the (so far) five Friends around whom the line is based, a few other characters are included for them to interact with - Olivia's parents Anna and Peter (with Olivia's House), Sophie the veterinarian (with Heartlake Vet), and Marie the barista. And yes, Marie is indeed blonde (but otherwise does indeed look remarkably like Olivia).

There's also Sarah the hairdresser from the beauty salon set. :wink: But she seems to be Andrea's clone anyway, with the same hairpiece as Sophie. In fact, only Anna & Peter's heads seem to be different from the five "friends".

Here's the pics of the rest of the mini-dolls:

frnd012.jpgfrnd013.jpgfrnd015.jpgfrnd018.jpgfrnd019.jpg

Sarah, Marie, Sophie, Anna & Peter

There's also Sarah the hairdresser from the beauty salon set. :wink: But she seems to be Andrea's clone anyway, with the same hairpiece as Sophie. In fact, only Anna & Peter's heads seem to be different from the five "friends".

Here's the pics of the rest of the mini-dolls:

frnd012.jpgfrnd013.jpgfrnd015.jpgfrnd018.jpgfrnd019.jpg

Sarah, Marie, Sophie, Anna & Peter

Yeah, I realized a little later there were actually four different sets with "adult" minidolls; I couldn't remember how many there were when I first posted, but I remembered those three sets as ones that had (presumed) grown-ups in them, so I looked them up for the character names, and forgot that the Beauty Shop had one as well. Argh.

The minidolls exhibit a number of other "clone" characteristics as well (one more way they're really not so different from regular minifigures, it seems :wink: ) - note how Marie and Sophie's work outfits (uniforms?) use the same prints for their lapels and buttons, just on torsos molded in different colors.

Edited by Blondie-Wan