• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

approvedgold_v2_50.png

Hello everyone,

I am back in the LEGO City scene to bring you a simple comprehensive polybag review which feature and complement the latest 2011 LEGO City Harbour theme. This City polybag is not widely available and can be found in certain countries like the United Kingdom promotion. It was not easy to acquire this, so I got to thanks Rufus for helping me out. :blush:

Name: 30015 Jet Ski

Theme: LEGO System / City

Year: 2011

Pieces: 24

Minifigs: 2 minifigures

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30015 Jet Ski

1%7E29.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30015 Jet Ski

2%7E29.jpg

Enjoying the sea breeze together

12%7E20.jpg

I am always fond of picking up small LEGO polybags and this is no exception. In this City polybag, it offers a new mode of sea transportation which is related to the LEGO City Harbour theme. Although this polybag is made up of a much smaller scale, but it offers pretty good selection of generic City looking civilians that can be used in your City population.

Instruction Manual

4%7E26.jpg

The LEGO building content

normal_3%7E28.jpg

Not much LEGO bricks in here and the bricks count are exactly there for the building of the jet ski.

Meet these lovely City minifigures

7%7E24.jpg

These 2 lovely City minifigures are just fantastic. Both of them can be widely used for generic purposes and any amount of female minifigures are widely welcomed. In this case, the female torso is quite uncommon, while the male minifigure is part of the new releases of diver's design. Both minifigures also contain back-printing which certainly add much more details in the design.

New LEGO life-jacket??

6%7E25.jpg

As you can see from the instruction manual, we ought to be using the original LEGO life-jacket design. However, in this case this is a complete new life-jacket design. While it adds more details on the strap and lines, but the entire design is totally hideous and ugly. After you placed the life-jackets onto the minifigures, there is an obvious gap between the neck and the torso which made it totally unfit with one another. I got no use for these new life-jackets and I really wished TLG can bring back the old ones instead.

Do you like the new life-jacket design?

9%7E24.jpg

Different views of the Jet Ski

10%7E23.jpg

The jet ski design is easy to build. The design is simple and it can actually holds 2 minifigures in there. Not too bad at all. :thumbup:

You are safe in my hands

11%7E20.jpg

To conclude, this is a simplistic City polybags which actually offers 2 good minifigures which includes a female minifigure. I got nothing much to complain except that the new life-jacket is totally hideous. If you can find it with a decent pricing, you should definitely pick it up.

Summary review

Playability: 8/10 (Fun to play with.)

Design: 8/10 (Jet ski's design is pretty good with the exception of the new ugly life-jacket element.)

Price: 8/10 (Pretty affordable to acquire, even in the secondary market.)

Overall: 8/10 (You should grab this polybag especially if you are a City collector.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

This is a nice little set, but those life jackets detract from it. Perhaps I am mistaken, but didn't some of these sets ship with the old style life jackets? I have two of these polybags packed away for stocking stuffers, so I'll find out soon enough which life jackets mine came with.

Since this is one of the few polybags with two minifigs, that's definitely a high point. 4936 Doctor and Patient is another one that I liked very much for that same reason.

Great review 'WhiteFang'! IThis is one of the better polybag's I've seen in a while. Really wish I could get my hands on a couple; like you said, hard to get ahold of. I really like the guys torso and the new life vests. They could have a couple cut outs so the heads could fit flush but, oh well. Anyway, keep these reviews coming default_classic.gif

Perhaps I am mistaken, but didn't some of these sets ship with the old style life jackets? I have two of these polybags packed away for stocking stuffers, so I'll find out soon enough which life jackets mine came with.

Huh? Is there reports from others who have the old life-jacket? What about the new City Harbour sets? Do they come with the new or old life-jackets?

4936 Doctor and Patient is another one that I liked very much for that same reason.

Ah ha, same here for me as well. :blush:

Great review 'WhiteFang'! IThis is one of the better polybag's I've seen in a while. Really wish I could get my hands on a couple; like you said, hard to get ahold of. I really like the guys torso and the new life vests. They could have a couple cut outs so the heads could fit flush but, oh well. Anyway, keep these reviews coming default_classic.gif

Thanks. You ought to get hold of it if you can. It's really great to acquire it since these minifigures are very generic looking unlike the usual police and fire minifigures.

Very nice. I reviewed this set too, but with the old life jackets. I've got to say, if it didn't have the new life jackets I'd vote outstanding.

A very nice review of a cute polybagged little set Fangy! What's great about this set is you get not one, but two minifigs - a male and female civilian which can be quite useful in populating one's town. But unfortunately I'm not a fan of those new lifejackets, they look :sick: IMO and I still prefer the old classic one.

It's a really nice little set. The jet ski is done pretty well and just the fact of the two figs in one polybag makes this something I wouldn't pass up if I saw it hanging in the checkout aisle. If I actually had a town harbor set up, I'd probably seek it out.

On paper, the new life jackets look nice. I like that they look smaller and leave more of the upper torso print visible. They obviously should have been designed to nest the head down inside them to not have that very noticeable gap. Hopefully Lego realizes this goof and finds some way to fix it in the future.

Thanks for this review Fangy. :classic: I agree that this is definitely one of the best City polybags (at least it's not some small fire or police quad or helicopter).

To conclude, this is a simplistic City polybags which actually offers 2 good minifigures which includes a female minifigure. I got nothing much to complain except that the new life-jacket is totally hideous.

And agreed on both points again.

Blogged!

Those new life jackets look completely ridiculous when the heads can't go inside properly. I wonder what on earth the designer(s) of that piece were thinking... Funny that both the picture on the bag and in the instructions shows the old style life jackets though...

Btw, nice review :sweet:. Too bad this polybag is nowhere to be found here in Norway (we never get any polybags anyway, except on very rare occasions when one is included with the Donald Duck magazine).

Thanks for the review 'Fangy', I couldn't vote outstanding because of the life jacket issue, but it seems in the new police off-road unit it's has been solved I think ? :blush:

Neat little design and with two figures....ah, a double figure impulse poly pack....nice one Lego. :grin:

Brick On Review On 'Fangy' ! :classic:

I've got this little set with the old life jackets, so it's obviously (as has also been reported with some other sets) been released with the old ones first, and then re-issued with the new type. I agree that the new ones look ridiculous - but the reason isn't that the head sits any higher with the new ones (it doesn't), it's that the new ones are open in front. That said, the solution is quite obviously to make the neck cutout wider, and as I've said in some other posts about the same issue, I'm really surprised that Lego has put an "unfinished" part on the market like this...

...but it seems in the new police off-road unit it's has been solved I think ? :blush:

No, it hasn't:

i_4205_detail_7_800.jpg

But how visible the flaw is depends on the colour of the torso, I think.

Great review. I will definitely have to pick up this set if I see it.

I like the new life jackets a lot, the design is great except for the neck issue. I really dislike the original/classic lifejackets because they are so bulky.

Edited by darkdragon

I like the way the new life jacket looks, however they should've modified it slightly in order for the head to fit closer to the torso! It looks awful with the gap that big there

I really like this polybag, especially the male torso. I have the old lifejacket, by the looks of your set, I'm glad I do. :tongue: I picked up 3 of these at my TRU.

They obviously should have been designed to nest the head down inside them to not have that very noticeable gap. Hopefully Lego realizes this goof and finds some way to fix it in the future.

I have never modified LEGO before but a round file to enlarge the hole will be on my list to do for this life jacket. :angry:

Thanks guys for your commenting thoughts. :blush:

Thank you Rick for the blogging! :sweet:

Funny that both the picture on the bag and in the instructions shows the old style life jackets though...

I jumped... thinking that I will get the old life-jackets... Instead, I got this crap.

I've got this little set with the old life jackets, so it's obviously (as has also been reported with some other sets) been released with the old ones first, and then re-issued with the new type. I agree that the new ones look ridiculous - but the reason isn't that the head sits any higher with the new ones (it doesn't), it's that the new ones are open in front. That said, the solution is quite obviously to make the neck cutout wider, and as I've said in some other posts about the same issue, I'm really surprised that Lego has put an "unfinished" part on the market like this...

Ah ha... So, there are others who have gotten the old life-jackets in this polybag. I wonder what is the intention of this change. Sigh. If they can actually rectify it.. I couldn't mind using the new design but as of now, it's total crap to me. I will need to find the older versions for replacement.

Ah ha... So, there are others who have gotten the old life-jackets in this polybag. I wonder what is the intention of this change. Sigh. If they can actually rectify it.. I couldn't mind using the new design but as of now, it's total crap to me. I will need to find the older versions for replacement.

The fact that the old style features on the polybag is an indication that they just replaced the life vest mold and treat the two parts as 'the same'. So, from now on, I only expect to find the new style vest in sets. :sceptic:

I didn't mind the large old life vests at all as many minifigure accessories are too big to be 'realistic'.

In my opinion, even if the new style life jacket wasn't so poorly designed around the neck, it couldn't replace the old one, because they mimic two different styles of life jackets. The old style looks like those vests you would typically use on children, that has a big collar to keep the head above water.

52140_867957.gif

While the new one looks more like the type worn in water sports such as sailing and jet skiing (and thus is actually more appropriate for this set). This vest actually allows you to swim with it, while the first type just forces you to lay on your back.

buoyancy_aid.jpg

It's just too bad it has the problem with the neck, because the rest of it looks very nice.

(Yes, I have spent a lot of summer time near the sea, where we have a small boat... and I have progressed from the first type of vest as a child, to the latter as an adult :wink:)

im only intrested in lego star wars sets but this might worth picking along with 30016

Hi, foxhound, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Please note that, while we want you to have fun, we do expect a reasonable level of attention when it comes to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

You might like to consider introducing yourself here.

Thanks!