Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Roltic the Huntsman

Roltic is known in Circardia as the finest huntsman. He has made a living out of leading hunts and selling his meat to the inn and families in Circardia. His knowledge of wild game and ability to stalk them has lead many to think he can communicate with the animals himself! Here Roltic has stalked a stag in the forest of Circardia that he will present to Lord Arlindus for his upcoming feast.

Roltic-the-Huntsmen1-M.jpg

Roltic lines up his shot

Roltic-the-Huntsmen2-M.jpg

The prize stag

Roltic-the-Huntsmen3-M.jpg

Detail of the deer. (I am pretty happy the way this came out for a brickbuild creature, my first attempt at one!)

Roltic-the-Huntsmen5-M.jpg

Edited by MikeyB

First attempt at a brickbuilt creature? Wow. I assumed you had been doing this for years given the realism of the stag. Excellent job :thumbup: The rest of the MOC is great too.

My next project is a hunter in Benoic so it´s funny that you built one aswell! :classic:

The stag is really nice and is that your first attempt?! Then I´m curios to see what your second will look like cause this one is brilliant!

The one thing that strikes me in this pics are that you are an excellent photographer!!! Great photos!

Do you mind if I borrow your stag design for my hunter?

Great stag, looks perfect where it is - i wonder if it would be a touch small if the fig was standing next to it, but the vig gives it a slight forced perspective which looks just right. The shaping on the flanks is great too! :thumbup:

Just wonder though if the archer's head should be turned sideways a touch more - he doesn't look like he is sighting along the arrow very well...

Edited by gabe

thanks for the comments.

When I say first attempt, I mean I played around with the design a bit before coming up iwth this but overall I am pretty happy.

@de Gothia, borrow away! If you need a more photos let me know. As to my photos, I was a photojournalist for many years but often I rush these type of shots (studio style)and Im not 100% happy with my lighting setup and backdrop but it is coming back to me!

@gabe, I debated on the size of the stag. I too thought it might be a bit small. But deer breeds come in different sizes. This particular breed is known of it's delicate meat and is common in the land of Circardia ;)

I thought about making it a stud longer and a plate higher but it seemed too big (More the size of the horse). As it is, it's nearly as tall as the mini fig without the antlers. I may make attempt moose or elk in future builds.

As to the head, the hood prevented me from turning it any more! But I agree I wish I could have turned it more to the side without leaving a big gap on the neck of the Roltic

Edited by MikeyB

Thats really nice, I just need to get my hands on a load more bricks and build my collection up lol

That stag is awesome. Is it possible to get instructions for it?

I always like your MOC's!

Thanks!

I haven't made any instruction for the stag but it is pretty simple. The body starts with a 1 x 4 plate, connect a 1x2 inverted slope under it, a 1x1 brick with two studs on the side (facing outward) and a 1x1 headlight brick facing toward the rear (I put a cheese wedge on the end for a tail but noticed de Gothia used a round plate). The sides are a 1x3 plate with a 1x2 tile and the rest should be pretty easy to figure out. the start of the legs are two 1x2 jumper plates and 1x1 round bricks. I can take a few shots of it and post them up here if you need them but it might be another day or two though.

This is just WOW!

Just one question:

How much is thereof those foliage pieces?

Anyway, GREAT!

Glad you like it.

There is probably a dozen or two of the smaller foliage pieces on the base plates with another dozen or so flower stalks with some more used for the pine trees. I was lucky enough to get a couple cups of them at Pick a Brick wall at a lego store about a year or so ago.

Very nice MOC! I like the stag, and I love the way your MOCs always seem like a sliver of a lush world, like you just ripped a slice out for display.

Beautiful!