Jameson42

Winter Village: Log Cabin

indexed.gif B-OV-16C

It's that time of year again, and I've completed my entry for the Winter Village contest. I hope you like it! I look forward to your comments and constructive criticism.

Welcome to John and Suzy Smith's log cabin! Now with newly added hot tub!

6619874423_015600a4db.jpg

Tom and Suzy heat things up in the hot tub...

6619873795_b705f45f04.jpg

John and Fido are busy shoveling snow...

6518778337_818aee012e.jpg

John takes a walk around the cabin with fido...

6518778007_0034402f7d.jpg

"All done, Suzy! It sure is cold out there. How's that fire?"

6518777705_c35e75a025.jpg

More pictures available on my flickr.

Edited by Phred

Excellent work, those log bricks really look great on their sides! You've done a great job of having it flush with the doors and windows too. It has a really cosy feeling to it, warm and inviting. I like the inbuilt lighting, very effective, if a little bit strong. A shot from the outside with the lights on would look great though, well done.

Nice log cabin Jameson. It looks like a nice place to warm up from the cold. Speaking of which, the Ranger's shorts look a little chilly for the occasion. :wink:

I like it. Warm and cozy looking inside. I also like the slanted window. The "logs" look very good as well. :thumbup:

I love the brown "bumpy" pieces and the clever SNOT technique at the corners of the building; this definitely gives it the feel of a log cabin.

The interior looks very warm and cosy too! :thumbup:

I do however, have one slight little niggle: I think the roof should not be completely white, but instead mostly white, with a few brown or bley tiles.

Other than that excellent job, good luck in the contest!

:classic:

Edited by HighFlyer

Great log cabin. It looks very cozy (as a cabin should) and it looks Christmassy to fit right into a village. Brilliant job.

The endcaps are nice indeed.

Keep up the good work. Good luck in the contest.

Excellent, cozy log cabin for John and Suzy!

It really fits with the Winter Village theme, and gives folks a place to live.

Very nice detail on the logs.

Good luck in the contest.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

This looks really lovely, I would gladly spend my Christmas holidays in a log cabin like this one.

My favorite elements are the windows and the addition of the Christmas lights. Nice work!

Brill work - I like the Christmas lights and the stonework up the chimney. The crossover of the logs at the corners is nice too. :thumbup:

I do however, have one slight little niggle: I think the roof should not be completely white, but instead mostly white, with a few brown or bley tiles.

Other than that excellent job, good luck in the contest!

:classic:

I did consider that. However, the contest was to make something that goes with the Winter Village sets. The first two WV sets have steeper roofs than this which are all covered in snow. I was trying to be consistent - I think a log cabin with a shallow roof not covered in snow would look weird with my other WV sets. Also, when I think log cabin, I think northern climate (Canada maybe), with lots of snow.

Really great techniques - this is a much more convincing log cabin than the official Creator set. Blogged on Brick Town Talk :classic:

Thank you! I'm always excited when I get on BTT. default_laugh_new.gif

Thank you everyone for your great comments! I look forward to the voting to begin! default_satisfied.gif

Thanks again for all the great comments, everyone.

Since my entry seemed about a scene and a couple minifigs short, I've added a little bit to the first post. Check out the new hot tub!

6619873795_b705f45f04.jpg

Gave you 2 points in the contest Jameson42, definitely my favorite... only one place behind podium...

For sure much better than the official log cabin... and with the lights and hot tub... a dream! The windows and the building corners are a must in terms of design!

I think you didn't win because it doesn't really fit with the other WV buildings as it is too "real" and perfectly executed... it doesn't look like a "kid" toy but as an "adult" toy.

Anyhow, I'd buy one (or more) if TLG ever released your design! Well done!!!

Edited by SwissBrick