Viceroy

Hot Springs Tower

Had this finished for a while but was waiting for the right opportunity to take photos. However theres just been no natural light in the last two weeks where I live, just a deluge of hail and rain and now its 5 mins to the 15th...

Hot Springs Tower

High in the Mitgardian Peaks, a trade route intersects a volcanic spring. The heat from the water allows a number of plants and animals to thrive and has become an important stop for traders making the journey through the mountains.

An Overview:

6513092009_7ec3082294.jpg

The Tower: This tower usually has a garrison of 6. Two rangers, Three soldiers and an Officer.

6513090717_78e2d1c923.jpg

Hilda Blackbone, leader of the Worlds End Caravan Co. rangers is currently visiting the watchtower and leads out a patrol:

6513083173_8502f8064b.jpg

The Tower again:

6513086699_ac4d0f0c2b.jpg

I know I shouldnt double post but I'm wondering why this is the only tower with Zero replies. Cant help but wonder, is there anything wrong with it?

Cant help but wonder, is there anything wrong with it?

Maybe there's a bit of commenting fatigue when there has suddenly (if not surprisingly) been so many tower mocs. I at least have found it a bit hard to keep account of which towers I've seen and which I yet haven't.

I think your tower is one of the very good Mitgardian ones, it combines the wooden top and hay roof nicely with the main part made of stone, and there's good and detailed scenery around. If I had to note one weakness in your scene it would be the water, because it isn't very intuitive to discern snow from rushing water as they are both made with white bricks. But making water is always hard and best techniques (like the one Derfel uses in his medieval village guide) tend to require pieces that are hard to come by in necessary quantities.

Does the tower have any interior?

Edited by Haltiamieli

I agree that perhaps this tower has been overlooked with the flurry of activity. I think it is one of the best. I like the tower- but the detail outside of that is really great. I like the uneven wooden fence and the waterfall and hot springs. should certainly be top 5 in Mitgardia.

Cool ;) Lots of detail and the idea of the hot springs is great. Good to see the trade aspect brought into it too.

Dr Rod

I digged the whole thing. Loved that you had put as much detailing as you could fit into it! The tower top is very nice, I find Mitgardian tower style the one who reached the best sense of guild-architecture so far, you should be all proud o that.

Loved the hand-chart and the girl taking a bath. Small things, but very important ones!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Haltiamieli: You're right, I would of done the waterfall in trans-clear pieces like Derfel does because it does look much better and can contrast with the snow much more effectively but as you say, its hard to come by those parts in such quantities (and its quite a high waterfall). Sadly theres no interior to my tower, my collection is not huge and the parts I would use are currently in use elsewhere.

@ZCerebus, Dr Rod, Cij Daoke: Thanks for the positive remarks guys, you've produced some great entries this round as well!

@ZCerebus, Dr Rod, Cij Daoke: Thanks for the positive remarks guys, you've produced some great entries this round as well!

That is true, but our Mitgardian watchtowers stand out ofcourse :laugh:

Anyway, it does stand out. The scene around it is unique. There's a lot going on. And the snow is perfect!

I like this tower and its scenery. I think it is actually the scenery that makes it stand out. Good job!

Wow, how have i missed this? :oh3: Lovely scene Viceroy, it has a really colourful charm, almost like an Asterix cartoon. Such a lot of busy action and detail, with lovely touches of colour like the yellow roof. Your standard is awesome too. Great work, one of the picks of Mitgardia for me! :thumbup:

Sweet tower, viceroy. I really like the scenery and the characters. Hilda is great, and the woman bathing is a neat little touch - although it seems like she's about to get hit with a fishhook. That could be a bit painful, and bad news for the fisherman if that bather is another one of your Rangers.

Really great tower.

The tower top, fence and the waterfalls are my fav part - though when I first saw the picture i before reading the description I thought it was frozen lol

Oh and the little swimmer is great!

you see a lot of action in a small scene!

Very great Moc!

Maybe strange question, but it's for my city guide and Mitgardia is the Guild furthest located from my city so my scouts didn't made it to there yet: is there a possibility to host embassies here?