CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

While not a fan of TMNT,I thought that other people would like to know that hothbrick has made a rather interesting post...when translated on google translate it says that the sets will be released in January... :cry_happy:

I wish I had news to share..

I loved the TMNT as a kid in the late 80s/early 90s. TMNT, G.I. Joe, and LEGO were THE toys I played with growing up. To combine them together would be amazing. I remember seeing some custom G.I. Joe and TMNT LEGO figures and they looked brilliant. Official models have potential, but who knows. I would have to wait and see how they turned out. This could be a decent seller or a huge flop. I think TLG will make the proper decision. New shell molds would be neat, but I don't think they could be used too much outside of the theme. Some new ninja weapons maybe (if Ninjago didn't already make them). Some foot soldiers could be neat, but they might not look as cool in LEGO form either. But I could picture BeBop and Rocksteady in LEGO. If we could get Casey Jones with his hockey mask, that'd be awesome. Krang maybe?? They wouldn't make it since it is based off of a movie and not the new animated series, but I would love Tokka and Rahzar figures. They were my favorite baddies, albeit not the best baddies in cinematic history.

So maybe I would like this theme more than I first thought.

We will wait and see.

I really do HOPE they make a classic set.

I really want a Bebop and Rocksteady. Maybe even Tokka and Razzar...

But I'd probably be willing to bet they only will have the license for the new CGI series coming out and won't be paying attention to the old series or movies. I'm not sure if Nick fully has the rights to that... they probably don't.

I really do HOPE they make a classic set.

I really want a Bebop and Rocksteady. Maybe even Tokka and Razzar...

But I'd probably be willing to bet they only will have the license for the new CGI series coming out and won't be paying attention to the old series or movies. I'm not sure if Nick fully has the rights to that... they probably don't.

nick has the rights to the entire ninja turtle catalog with the exception of the mirage fourth volume that is owned by peter laird. Everything else was aquired from Eastman so classic figures wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility unless playmates would have a beef with it. But the new designs of the nick turtles look cool and i love the new nick figures and I always wanted ninja turtle legos as a kid so this is so awesome i cant even stand it.

If TMNT becomes true as a theme we can consider Ninjago as the test bed for new parts/weapons.....just like we saw pirates return briefly just before POTC appeared.

Plus remember four plus a master in both TNMT and Ninjago.....with a female and extra male hero that joins along the way. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Wouldn't Iron man 3 pass for the disney theme next year? like I guess avengers did 2012.

Hopefully don't dont add new themes and push out LOTR i would like to see that going for a while.

we know WB will get atleast one Man of steel movie set.

I hope so, seeing as we're getting a winter wave with Nick Fury. I would love to see the Iron Man suit in some different colors.

Now I just hope the Man of Steel movie doesn't suck... and honestly I don't look forward to the interpretation of the costume from that movie or even the newer Superman comics. No red undies and it's not Superman to me!

276903_119425034824921_8026555_n.jpg

Wouldn't Iron man 3 pass for the disney theme next year? like I guess avengers did 2012.

Hopefully don't dont add new themes and push out LOTR i would like to see that going for a while.

Hm, good point. I still think a Lone Ranger theme might be possible, but that's just because I see Super Heroes as its own license and not part of the Disney license.

The way I see it, LotR replaced Harry Potter as the licensed fantasy theme, and it replaced Kingdoms as Lego's castle theme, so it's taking up two theme slots right now, so I don't see any other theme taking its place.

Now I just hope the Man of Steel movie doesn't suck... and honestly I don't look forward to the interpretation of the costume from that movie or even the newer Superman comics. No red undies and it's not Superman to me!

276903_119425034824921_8026555_n.jpg

:laugh: Haha, true. I'm afraid the minifig will look just as odd since it will be all-blue, unless they finally give him printed boots. But this is getting off topic.

Though these 276903_119425034824921_8026555_n.jpg on a Superman minifig would be more like a g-string ! :rofl:

I'm thinking now sadly the Lone Ranger might be a miss because of Iron Man 3.....Disney has one live action and one cartoon feature film come out with Lego sets....unless they'll do two live actions instead.....I guess we'll just have to wait. :innocent:

I am so excited for TMNT Legos I can't stand it.

I bought the Mega Bloks ones recently and wasn't happy with them, so I made my own from Lego minifigures. I like mine better than the MB ones, but I know official pieces and prints will blow mine out of the water.

Real shell pieces, printed knee pads...*drools at the thought*

There may be another extension to the Marvel Universe kicking around out there. Word is that as part of the deal Disney signed with Joss Wheedon to make the next Avengers movie, they also want him to produce a Marvel live action TV series for ABC. Rumors have it that it will be a SHIELD series. Now that is an area that Lego has played in before with Alpha Team and Agents. Super Spy vehicles, secret agents, super villains. I'm drooling just thinking of set possibilities. :cry_happy:

(hect the shield color chimes already perfectly match the AGENTS line.)

There may be another extension to the Marvel Universe kicking around out there. Word is that as part of the deal Disney signed with Joss Wheedon to make the next Avengers movie, they also want him to produce a Marvel live action TV series for ABC. Rumors have it that it will be a SHIELD series. Now that is an area that Lego has played in before with Alpha Team and Agents. Super Spy vehicles, secret agents, super villains. I'm drooling just thinking of set possibilities. :cry_happy:

(hect the shield color chimes already perfectly match the AGENTS line.)

S.h.i.e.l.d tv show is confirmed, but I don't think it'll be aimed at childred.

...and the other Marvel films were? :look:

Iron man 3, thor 2, captain america 2, guardians of the galaxy, ant man & avengers 2 are all confirmed.

Edited by deskp

If they do TMNT I wonder how the heads will be. I kind or want normal heads. But I think we might get a Chewie-like head/shell combo that shapes the head uniquely.

I could picture standard heads with a body accessory that allows a shell to cut down on costs of new molds. But at the same time, I could also see them doing something similar to the Gamorrean guard from the new Jabba's Palace to make it blend a little more and to make the head a little more accurate. I'd be just as happy either way, unless the new molds made the costs too high to obtain the sets. I would love a new Turtle Wagon!

I think that TMNT theme, is really probable especially since Ninjago is getting discontinued :classic:

It is not probable anymore, it is confirmed actually. By at least three different sources.