CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

No disrespect but...as if! TLG would never produce sets with a rating of over a 12. Unless the movie was rated a 12? :wacko:

It'll probably be rated 15, so no sets :cry_sad:

I already told the original poster that Assassin's Creed discussion doesn't belong here. So stop talking about it here.

This thread is for discussing Rumors. NOT wishes. There's another thread for dream licenses.

And judging by the Toy Story theme (which could have been done with more regular minifigure heads), the recognizability factor is a big deal to Lego.

It's probably an even bigger deal to the licensors and if they say custom heads are a requirement, TLG wouldn't actually have much say in the matter if they wanted the license.

Don't think Assassins creed will be a disney movie.

besides weather or not it would be fit for lego depends what direction they go with the movie.

the games would never ever be fit for lego.

This is frustrating me. Why are they waiting so long? I don't think I've wanted to see set reveals so badly. I'm really interested to see if they screwed up or did good on the TMNT sets. I'm checking multiple times a day for news... yet it never comes. :(

Same goes for Lego Cuusoo... they said it wouldn't be months. LIES!

This is frustrating me. Why are they waiting so long? I don't think I've wanted to see set reveals so badly. I'm really interested to see if they screwed up or did good on the TMNT sets. I'm checking multiple times a day for news... yet it never comes. :(

Same goes for Lego Cuusoo... they said it wouldn't be months. LIES!

Theyre probbaly waiting for NYCC, or they don't want any episodes spoiled. Remember it just premiered.

I feel your pain.

I want them now.

But I have faith Lego did the Turtles proud.

Theyre probbaly waiting for NYCC, or they don't want any episodes spoiled. Remember it just premiered.

Geeze then there's the possibility of more exclusive and massively overpriced TMNT minifigures that really make me hate Lego because I can never have them (can't justify spending so much).

Watch them be something awesome like Bebop and Rocksteady... :P

I can't see NYCC having exclusive TMNT figures - I'd just assume they are going to be repeats of San Diego's Superheroes like last year.

I'm getting pretty impatient regarding the Ninja Turtle line myself, though I scared myself yesterday with the thought that LEGO might print pupils on the new head pieces instead of leaving them just plain white like the original Playmates toy line. I wonder - would TLG follow the design of the existing toy lines, or the cartoon for inspiration?

I guess it freaked me out little a bit because - with pupils - I feel they'd be a bit too cute to take seriously. Well, as butt-kicking ninjas anyways...

Of course, there's no need to 'worry forward'. I'll just try to sit quietly with the rest of the bouncy AFOLs and see what the future brings. :grin:

I meant that they will most likely reveal minifigures or a set like they did at SDCC in July. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, I like the pupil-less design better too, but I think they will do them with the pupils since that's how they look in the cartoon and it would make them more "Legoish" as some people say.

Geeze then there's the possibility of more exclusive and massively overpriced TMNT minifigures that really make me hate Lego because I can never have them (can't justify spending so much).

Watch them be something awesome like Bebop and Rocksteady... :P

You have been really negative the last couple days! Just remember that TLG has pretty much taken care of us in everything they release. No matter what somebody can find something useful out of any set be it pieces, or figs, or what ever. Try being more positive and being excited to see how good the Turtles look, rather than waiting to see if LEGO "screwed them up" :sweet:

Yeah, I like the pupil-less design better too, but I think they will do them with the pupils since that's how they look in the cartoon and it would make them more "Legoish" as some people say.

Actually in the new CGI show they go to white when it battle seemingly and they have pupils when not fighting.

Ya I don't really understand why they go all white? I don't think any other version of the Turtles did this. Maybe it is supposed to be a reptilian thing like how alligators have multiple eye lids and other reptiles have protective lens' for when they attack prey to protect their vulnerable eyes?

Ya I don't really understand why they go all white? I don't think any other version of the Turtles did this. Maybe it is supposed to be a reptilian thing like how alligators have multiple eye lids and other reptiles have protective lens' for when they attack prey to protect their vulnerable eyes?

I think this might be over thinking it a bit. I'm pretty sure it's just a stylistic move; no more, no less.

I'm not very into anime, but I did pick up on some anime-like animation techniques in the show. Maybe the white eyes originate in anime as well...

You're probably right :laugh: It was just strange to me and made me wonder!

I do know one thing for sure though, the show made me more excited to see what the sets will give us!

Sweet heavens. That looks incredible hopefully the rest of the line looks like this.

original.jpg

They can look better, but they don't look bad.

As I said in the other thread. Mike's weapon is ugly and sucks. They all the same shade of green for some reason. And they need arm printing.

7.5/10 can be better. I'll still buy 'em though...

They can look better, but they don't look bad.

1st Gen and all....i'm sure they'll look better when their designs are updated. I feel the Turtle heads need to be bigger. I'm sure If they sell well TLG may consider updating their torso too (the standard doesn't abide well for me when it's applied to non-human minifigs)

On another topic, TLG is set to make an announcement on the "Back to the Future" license soon (with the results of the CUUSOO DeLorean project due any day now). How does anybody feel about this particular license?

Why would Lego do BTTF when there's nothing coming out to support it? No movie, tv show, or anything.

If anything they should do Jurassic Park Trilogy sets, soon to be Quadrilogy, and Jurassic Park's being rereleased in 3D.

Edited by Rune Haako

I'd rather have Zelda. But BTTF is fine I guess. It's better than those other options.

As for it's relevance, it'll likely be a limited one time set so... I'm sure it'll do good enough for what it (probably) will be.

Why would Lego do BTTF when there's nothing coming out to support it? No movie, tv show, or anything.

If anything they should do Jurassic Park Trilogy sets, soon to be Quadrilogy, and Jurassic Park's being rereleased in 3D.

It's BBTF anniverery next year, so that should be good enough.

And the already did JP but they branded it Dino!

And the already did JP but they branded it Dino!

Dino isn't the same, Jurassic Park sets would be 100 times better.

Edited by Rune Haako

BTTF is the only CUUSOO set aside from Portal that I would actually consider buying, so I'm excited to see how this turns out. Where was it announced that they will announce the results?

Good question, but I think that's the point of CUUSOO, to give us the chance of getting sets that would usually be deemed unfeasible by TLG. It has reached 10.000 supporters, so that proves that there are enough people interested in purchasing such a set for TLG to consider producing it.

What's BBTF? You can't possibly be talking about BTTF since that anniversary is still three years away. Besides, the fact that something is three decades old would usually be a very good reason for TLG not to make sets based on it (if it weren't for the reason stated above).