CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

I am a little surprised to see that no one who has looked at the retailer catalog has reported seeing the TMNT sets. This leads me to be less optimistic that this line will become a reality. Not enough to call BS just yet, but my hopes are fading....

I am a little surprised to see that no one who has looked at the retailer catalog has reported seeing the TMNT sets. This leads me to be less optimistic that this line will become a reality. Not enough to call BS just yet, but my hopes are fading....

Yeah, usually we hear of these "January" sets by now. I'm hoping the rumors aren't false. That would massively suck. I'm hoping it's just because of contracts or something. Maybe they might wait until TMNT actually premiers.

Yeah, usually we hear of these "January" sets by now. I'm hoping the rumors aren't false. That would massively suck. I'm hoping it's just because of contracts or something. Maybe they might wait until TMNT actually premiers.

Yeah, wouldn't want any sets spoiling any episodes. Thats why the Spidey set was released later than the rest of the sets, didn't want the episode plot spoiled, even though it was loosely based.

Is TMNT even supposed to be a January release?

Well, the rumors came from several reliable sources, so I'm pretty sure it's true. One of the people who brought us the initial rumors said that he had seen the sets, although he wouldn't reveal much about them (probably because he worked for Lego). From Brickset:

As an ex Lego person I've seen all the Ninja Turtle sets and they're awesome looking there's gonna be 6 sets all 4 Turtles as key chains.Comes out Jan. 1st along with a series called Chima

Everything else he told us seems to be true, so I believe him.

Maybe they might wait until TMNT actually premiers.

It starts in a week. I'm sure enough episodes will have aired by January for them to base sets on without spoiling anything.

Yeah, wouldn't want any sets spoiling any episodes. Thats why the Spidey set was released later than the rest of the sets, didn't want the episode plot spoiled, even though it was loosely based.

As I said in my review, the Doc Ock set is only loosely based on an episode from the show and the story behind it is completely made up by TLG, so if that was really the reason for the delayed release, I think the delay was pointless. :hmpf_bad:

I'm actually excited about the rumors for a Lone Ranger line!

I expect it to be like Prince of Persia - a forgettable movie with clearanced sets, so a perfect way for me to stock up on cheap fleshie heads!

I know it'll be at a markup due to the license, but that should also get us plenty of new Wild West elements. But I really expect to see some good clearance sales on this line.

And as for a possible TMNT line taking over for Spongebob? I hope not! If the two can't co-exist at retail, I'd prefer more Spongebob sets.

Along with what Oky said, someone also said tjat there will be a Baxter's Revenge set. But it is a bit suprising that there hasn't been a set list by now... :look:

I did see them in the retailer catalouge, there was a double page spread indicating something top secret coming in 2013, I think that page scan is already on Flickr, the next double page spread had some sets on them,

I barely have any information, I'm not into this theme, I just thought the turtles themselves were well done. I think I saw 3 or so sets, there was a good selection of characters, certainly all the turtles, they were just regular green minifigs, legs and torso. The torso was printed on the front, and he had a backpack which was a new mold to make their shells, these were like dark tan. The head of the figure was a new custom mold. There was also shreader as a character.

At least one of the sets involved some form of chase with what seemed like a van, or a police van, can't remember.

Paul

I did see them in the retailer catalouge, there was a double page spread indicating something top secret coming in 2013, I think that page scan is already on Flickr, the next double page spread had some sets on them,

I barely have any information, I'm not into this theme, I just thought the turtles themselves were well done. I think I saw 3 or so sets, there was a good selection of characters, certainly all the turtles, they were just regular green minifigs, legs and torso. The torso was printed on the front, and he had a backpack which was a new mold to make their shells, these were like dark tan. The head of the figure was a new custom mold. There was also shreader as a character.

At least one of the sets involved some form of chase with what seemed like a van, or a police van, can't remember.

Paul

Thanks for the info! :classic:

The head was what I'm most interested about. I was hoping for a standard head... :sceptic:

Edited by just2good

Thanks for the info! :classic:

The head was what I'm most interested about. I was hoping for a standard head... :sceptic:

Me too. Lego has been going crazy with all these non-standard heads. I mean, sometimes it's fine. Like with Chewie it makes sense. I don't see why the Ninja Turtles need one.

I did see them in the retailer catalouge, there was a double page spread indicating something top secret coming in 2013, I think that page scan is already on Flickr

Do you have a link or a hint at where we can find it? I tried finding it, but no such luck. :look:

Me too. Lego has been going crazy with all these non-standard heads. I mean, sometimes it's fine. Like with Chewie it makes sense. I don't see why the Ninja Turtles need one.

To make them more turtle-like, also you can't really do the masks justice on a normal head.

Because they're cartoony mutant turtles. Their heads have a unique shape and wouldn't be as recognizable if they were human minifig heads. And judging by the Toy Story theme (which could have been done with more regular minifigure heads), the recognizability factor is a big deal to Lego. And quite frankly, I have no problem with that.

Talking about rumors... Is there any chance, TLG will design Assassin's Creed Sets, when the movie will be released? :grin:

This is not the thread for personal wish lists. If there were anything close to resembling a rumor of it, I'm sure it would have been posted by now.

I highly doubt TMNT stuff has been leaked. We'd have seen it already...

Someone freakin' leak this stuff! DO IT!

Do you have a link or a hint at where we can find it? I tried finding it, but no such luck. :look:

I'd like to know this too. I'm really eager to see these. I LOVED TMNT growing up, still do in fact. I remember a lot of quarters spent on the stand up Arcade game. I'm 99% sure ill be getting the whole line.

After seeing the premier of the new TMNT show on Nickelodeon today, I've got to say I'm very excited for these sets!!! :thumbup:

I had my reservations about the new show, but they pulled it off brilliantly. I actually laughed out loud several times. Great show so far, here's hoping they keep it up!

By the way, it's available for viewing at nick.com here. Pretty cool, since I was worried they wouldn't be made available online.

The show is pretty good for a kid's show. It's not to the level of shows like the Airbender series but I'm surprised I wasn't less engaged in it.

*spoilers for the new series*

(highlight to make your eyes not bleed) Edit by Staff- "Let's not chance the eye bleeding. Spoiler tags for you."

There's some good referrences. Star Trek, the new opening song has a lot of lines taken directly out of the old one from the 90s.

It's pretty good.

Now, it's a kid show though so there's a few oddities. And unlike Airbender it didn't handle them as well (Airbender would hint at stuff like characters dying without showing it and being very effective at not falling for those kiddy show tropes).

First off, the laser guns. I'm sick of kid shows made here for some reason finding being blasted less violent than being shot at with bullets. Also, the advanced aliens have advanced Stormtrooper syndrome and can't hit anything unless it's a friendly to the point of ridiculousness. And like another show the Clone Wars it's just some of the worst examples of Stormtrooper syndrome. You could stand in the middle of nowhere, not move and just talk and they won't be able to hit you from 10 yards away. Heck, the Turtles basically did just that a few times.

Then there's the nonsense plot details common in kid shows that even kids will notice. The Turtles haven't gone above ground for basically most of their life. Yet they're knowledgeable. They watch TV. Don is obviously educated and knows his computers.

And in all this time... of watching TV and getting this information from somewhere (internet? who knows)... they've never seen or heard of a PIZZA? Seriously?!

Splinter also through some horrible brain far forgot to teach his 4 kids how to use teamwork. In his words he only taught them how to fight individually. What? It didn't occur to you to teach them to fight as a team?

Lastly, Mike is the stupid turtle. I mean take the stupid turtle, and power it up to massive stupidity levels. He's the turtle that's designed to state the painfully obvious. Things that are so obvious that even kids couldn't miss them. I swear adults think kids are a lot stupider than they are. We don't need to see a scene explaining something, then have Mikey ask what the heck is going on only to have them explain it again. The scene we just saw!

Then Don sent a van to blow up as a distraction and left some ooze in? Why would he leave that in? I mean Don is a pretty smart d00d. Doesn't it occur to ANYONE that could be a hazzard?

I kind of wish they'd make a TMNT for the original fans. They've kept it a kids show instead of growing it with us. But alas! I'll still hope for a reboot as long as the most horrible human being alive, Micheal Bay, isn't involved. Something like Batman (in terms of quality).

I wasn't blown away. But I wasn't sad despite the negative feel of these words. I'm just good at complaining.

8/10

And why this is on topic: I was afraid I'd hate it and then not want to buy the Legos anymore. So far I think it's pretty good if I ignore some of the stupid kiddie nonsense. I still look forward to the sets and hope they SHOW THEM ALREADY!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
added spoiler tags

I'm not sure it's been covered, so my apologies if it has, but is this TMNT line going to be based on the new cartoon, classic cartoon, or the upcoming Michael Bay movie?

I'm hoping classic, but I have a feeling it'll be new or Bay, unfortunately. I don't know anything about the TMNT license from a behind-the-scenes standpoint, but I wonder if there's any reason TLG couldn't do all three.

I'm not sure it's been covered, so my apologies if it has, but is this TMNT line going to be based on the new cartoon, classic cartoon, or the upcoming Michael Bay movie?

I'm hoping classic, but I have a feeling it'll be new or Bay, unfortunately. I don't know anything about the TMNT license from a behind-the-scenes standpoint, but I wonder if there's any reason TLG couldn't do all three.

The new CGI toon 99% chance.

I highly doubt the old classic cartoon will get much. It's just too old and not their target audience.

As for the Micheal Bay movie, last I heard it was still indefinitely delayed and will not make it out next year due to a horrible script (a version of it leaked, go read it, it's horrible).

If we're all lucky the movie will be canned completely. Micheal Bay is the worst thing to happen to movies. So yeah, it's not based on the movie that's stuck in limbo.

Currently it's been rescheduled as a 2014 release. If it releases with any involvement from Micheal Bay it'll suck. There will be no hope.

Edited by BrickG

Talking about rumors... Is there any chance, TLG will design Assassin's Creed Sets, when the movie will be released? :grin:

No disrespect but...as if! TLG would never produce sets with a rating of over a 12. Unless the movie was rated a 12? :wacko:

No disrespect but...as if! TLG would never produce sets with a rating of over a 12. Unless the movie was rated a 12? :wacko:

It'll probably be rated 15, so no sets :cry_sad: