peterab

Brickvention 2012

logo.png

Tickets are now available online for Brickvention 2012. Public days are 21st & 22nd of January

If you wish to come to the public display book Here

To avoid the queue that we had last year we will be limiting the number of tickets sold, have added an extra public day, and will be selling tickets with staggered entry times.

If you'd like to register for the convention and exhibit book Here

There are some exciting things planned for exhibitors, but to be involved you need to book early. Setup will be 19th January, with the convention day the 20th.

EB rollcall

Member Status

peterab exhibitor MLTC layout

Tazmaniac ???

lorax ???

debrick registered

brickmamba attending

gabe exhibitor

cossack225 exhibitor

pinioncorp attending

Edited by peterab

I'm pretty keen Peter, Just need to get the missus to let me off the chain for a few days. :thumbup:

I am playing with the idea of coming down for it, I have been once before and had a brilliant time.

Don't delay if you want to register as an attendee/exhibitor. Tickets are selling far quicker than anticipated, and will sell out soon.

Jade and Anita, hope to see you both there.

Peter

Edited to correct Anita's name

Edited by peterab

I should see if work will fly me there :devil: (I have a meeting in Adelaide on the 19th, so instead of a flight home, I wonder if I can take a detour)

I would probably only attend the Friday and fly home Friday night.

Great idea to pre-sell tickets for set admission times!

I came into town for this year's Brickvention reasonably early in the morning (<10am) to see the public exhibition but really couldn't justify standing around in line for hours when after seeing that the line was already all the way around the whole block of the town hall!!! It was totally crazy, so we left. I swear I've never before seen so many kids walking around the CBD cluctching boxes of Lego and Ninjago blister packs!

I have two quesitions though:

1) How many tickets are you selling in each slot? (i.e. will it already be crazily jam packed in the first session of the Saturday? - which is when I bought my tickets for :P )

and

2) Will there be different lines for those who already have tickets and those who want to buy them at the door? (I'm presuming to do otherwise will lend a bit of chaos / result in extreme lines again)....

Cheers - I'm really looking forward to it!

1) How many tickets are you selling in each slot? (i.e. will it already be crazily jam packed in the first session of the Saturday? - which is when I bought my tickets for :P )

and

2) Will there be different lines for those who already have tickets and those who want to buy them at the door? (I'm presuming to do otherwise will lend a bit of chaos / result in extreme lines again)....

Cheers - I'm really looking forward to it!

There will be 1000 tickets in each slot which should mean we are slightly less crowded than last year, we will also have more rooms inside the town hall so crowding should again be less. It should take about 1.5 hours to see all the exhibits on average, so we will be encouraging people to move on prior to each new session to make room.

Since we had about 7200 tickets sold last year we hope to sell out all sessions before the day in which case we wont need two lines. Ticket scanning should be far quicker than the purchasing was last year so we hope to minimize the time people spend waiting in line.

I will be there. Driving down from the Sunshine coast with the excuse of visiting the reli's. One day for them 3 for Brickvention :).

I'm getting pretty hyped up myself although I know it will be a lot of work. Come and say hi to me if you can find me; I'll be the longhaired guy in the red official T-shirt, most likely in the Melbourne Lego Train Club layout.

Hi All,

I thought it might be useful to share who's coming and when just in case we'd like to meet up, so I've added a list to the first post. Please post if your exhibiting, registered for the convention, or coming to one of the public days and when and I'll update the list.

I'm exhibiting on the Melbourne Lego Train layout, and will probably be wearing my red 'Official' t-shirt. I'll be the long haired guy so come and say hi.

Edited by peterab

I'll be exhibiting, just getting my castle layout together now. This will be only my 2nd BV - i came last year but i didn't show anything. I can't wait, it's going to be exciting! :grin:

Still building like crazy - not sure if I will be ready for next week. Always biting off more than I can chew.

Will try to post some teasers soon

Looking foward to seeing everyone!

Cheers,

Tim

Only 3 more sleeps to go and i'm still so far behind with my display *oh2* ... ok, better make it no more sleeps! :laugh:

Too far for me to travel to Melbourne from Sydney. I should book accommodation for next year and make it down there.

I wish they would hold an event like this in Sydney, O well might have to wait for Brick expo next August.

If there was anyone who wanted to get a convention going in Sydney I would be very interested in helping out getting it organised but I wouldn't know where to start.

Too far for me to travel to Melbourne from Sydney. I should book accommodation for next year and make it down there.

I wish they would hold an event like this in Sydney, O well might have to wait for Brick expo next August.

If there was anyone who wanted to get a convention going in Sydney I would be very interested in helping out getting it organised but I wouldn't know where to start.

The SydLUG guys are planning a con at the start of June at the Powerhouse museum. I'll be trying to get there myself.