mattman

Avalonian Forestmen Watch Tower

There be wild men in them there trees!!

Strolling down a nice forest path, you check your belt to make sure your tidy little sack of coin is there and all of a sudden you hear a horn and the whistle of arrows and crossbow bolts!! What, wait??? where did they come from!!

6339625306_30196d92da.jpg

LEGO Forestmen Watch Tower by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

Check the grass... they aren't all in the trees ;)

6338877159_25c8aa5542.jpg

Captain of the watch with his trusty horn - somewhat of a veteran and has obviously seen better days.

6339626700_c7931384a6.jpg

More photos in the flickr gallery

And questions/comments please post :)

Cheers,

Matt

Heh thanks ;) Yeah I really like the crazy amount of foliage, but it takes an obscene amount of parts. Every bricklink order we do at the moment we're ordering extra parts for the trees - mostly use the tree leaves, 3 leaf plant and bamboo, with some naked flower stalks for texture.

Heh thanks ;) Yeah I really like the crazy amount of foliage, but it takes an obscene amount of parts. Every bricklink order we do at the moment we're ordering extra parts for the trees - mostly use the tree leaves, 3 leaf plant and bamboo, with some naked flower stalks for texture.

I wanted to do Forestmen Watchtower for the Guild Build Challenge too but I only have 1 Forestmen and I have a ridiculously bad tree building skills so I'm now just building some weird cylinder. :hmpf:

Stay away from the west....I hear there are horny men in trees *huh*.

A great start to your guild tough it could use a little work, maybe more of a structure in the tree like a tree fort ? a few small trees amongst the under growth? and make sure Lorax doesn't help you....she's ours!

Edit: You need to have your guild standard (flags) in the build to qualify. :thumbup:

Stay away from the west....I hear there are horny men in trees *huh*.

HAHAHAHAA

--

Excellent trees and lovely path.

Though the railing on the trees seems to be a bit low? Those forest men sure like to live dangerously.

Excellent trees and lovely path.

Though the railing on the trees seems to be a bit low? Those forest men sure like to live dangerously.

Yeah I did low railing on my last moc too, doesn't bother me too much :) They are dangerous men, so who really worries about occupational health and safety ;)

And Taz - cheers I missed that... will have a dig around the lego tubs and put up new pics with the flags.

Matt

Edit - will be updated with flags in about a week, had to order some....

Edited by mattman

Looks great fellow Avalonian, 'Lord Tigerius' likes it....he is working on a watchtower himself....it will face west - towards those creatures that you can't trust ever ! :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

This is why you should never leave your Lego unattended...

sleep with one eye open Matt... :laugh:

6339421893_9356ebf698.jpg

Simply awesome !! Well done fellow Nocturnian :thumbup:

Dr Rod

This is why you should never leave your Lego unattended...

Holy... this will push the competition to some higher levels! :devil:

Much fun at home, you two!

Excellent - love the interaction between Avalonia and Nocturnus :wink:

The tower itself is simple but reflects the identity of Avalonia and the Forestmen. Well done!

Holy... this will push the competition to some higher levels! :devil:

Much fun at home, you two!

Oh there will be repentance - of that you can be sure! It is funny... she was hiding in the LEGO room all sneaky and quiet, it's like when a toddler isn't making any noise you know there is trouble brewing.

Excellent - love the interaction between Avalonia and Nocturnus :wink:

The tower itself is simple but reflects the identity of Avalonia and the Forestmen. Well done!

Thanks :) And yes, a forestmen tower is never going to be overly complex. I have some ideas in mind for more significant structures (I won't spoil it yet) but again, not massively complex stuff in the end compared to some of the more traditional castle builds.

Matt

A lovely build and I really like that, if no forestmen is there, it is really well hidden inbetween the foliage of the tree. Thus the guards won't be seen until it's too late :thumbup:

Also love the nocturnian raid, I imagine the fun being exponentially increased if partners are members of opposing guilds :laugh:

Great tower, nice use of foliage here. We Avalonian's have many towers throughout the land and the forest is no exception. I like the fact that this moc represents the sort of tower forestmen would really have, why build a big obvious thing of stone when you can convert a tree and blend in. I see the Nocturnians have secretly attacked, but never fear, the trees will grow again! Great work :thumbup:

I like much the tower, it has a really natural feeling on it.

And surely the men disguise well on so much foliage.

I agree with our leader, there is no reason to construct an obvious structure that could provide better defense but it could also be easily detected. And don´t forget to include the standard. :tongue:

So Nocturnians have come.

This shall not be forgiven.:angry:

Great tower, nice use of foliage here. We Avalonian's have many towers throughout the land and the forest is no exception. I like the fact that this moc represents the sort of tower forestmen would really have, why build a big obvious thing of stone when you can convert a tree and blend in. I see the Nocturnians have secretly attacked, but never fear, the trees will grow again! Great work :thumbup:

There is nothing secretly about a nice, upfront attack with fire :)

And I must say - that's a beautiful idea :) Bravo Iorax, I can't wipe the smile from my face. This guild thing is starting to be more and more fun each day ;)

Excellent work! The foliage (as everyone has commented on by now) is lush and evocative of our proud Avalonian forests. Though, I regret to see the legendary Forestmen have fallen to the sneaky Nocturnians. There shall be retribution!

Avalonia forever!

Thanks all for the comments.

The watchtower received a delivery of new guild flags today - we'll rebuild and hopefully the fear of messing with Avalonia will keep them away in future. I'm quite sure my mistake in the past was not flying the colours. Expect an update over the next couple of days!

Matt