Zarkan

Pic Review: 6555 Sea Hunter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

To celebrate the recently released pictures of the great new 2007 theme, Aquaraiders, I�ve decided to put together a review of a kit from its inspiration, Divers.

Sea Hunter (set #6555), is the second smallest kit in the Divers line, and yet there�s just something special about it that makes me want to write a review. Here we go� X-D

Price and Avalibility:

Sea Hunter, like all Divers kits, has been discontinued from stores for many years. However, obtaining a copy is still fairly easy, as many Bricklink users from North America and Europe are selling copies at prices starting for as little as 2.50 USD. E-bay is another option, but I�d put your bet on Bricklink if you want to has less hassle.

Pieces:

For such a small set, Sea Hunter contains quite a lot of interesting pieces, most of them useful.

Picture.

The biggest piece in the kit is the large rubber raft. It�s always good to have at least a couple of these for beach or ocean MOC�s. Next, we have the standard Diver�s seaweed, and a nice square flag. A treasure chest and 3 1X1 round plates are included for treasure. I would have liked it if 6555 had some gold coins included also. A pair of diving flippers, an oxygen tank, and a tool of some sort, are the main accessories included. Last but not least, we have the two pieces that make up the swordfish included. Completely useless for anything but a swordfish, but all minifig animals are made that way, so no criticism from me. ;-)

Minifigures:

6555 comes with 1 minifigure and 1 animal (a swordfish).

Picture.

Here we see the diver included who I will call Sam through this review. He�s really quite a nice figure.

Picture.

Here�s the swordfish included. I really love the undersea life that the Diver kits were know for! They really fit in with the cuteness of most town and city figures. X-D

The Finished Set:

6555 is made up of five things: the figures, the small motorized raft, a buoy, a small coral piece, and a treasure chest.

Picture.

Here�s Diver Sam ready to jump out of his raft. I always loved the rafts in the diver series.

Picture.

Here�s Sam swimming through some seaweed growing on top of some coral. One of the neat thing about Divers was that many of the kits, when completed, made it look like the animals and divers were really swimming. This kit is no exception. ;-)

Picture.

Here�s the buoy included. Plain, but it still works.

Picture.

Last but not least, here�s everything altogether.

Overall:

Sea Hunter is a simple, but very complete kit. It contains everything kids need to have their own adventures, yet comes at a very low cost. It even contains a fair amount of useful pieces and 2 figures, so an AFOL could also appreciate it. This kit receives a solid 5/5 from me. Highly recommended! :-)

Thank you. I'm thinking of doing some more Divers reviews if people want me to (I have two other sets). ;-)

Thank you. I'm thinking of doing some more Divers reviews if people want me to (I have two other sets). ;-)

Yes it would be nice. (The deap sea bounty is already been by myself ;-) )

This set is small but good, it is a small set that I would like to see more, in diferent themes.