CopMike

EB SW X-mas Raffle 2011

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

OK, we're live! :sweet:

cal1.jpg

Long term EB members might remember how this works (and may have even went looking for it :wink: ) but for the rest;

• The winners are revealed daily on this calendar.
  • This calendar is automatic; prizes are revealed according to EB time. (There's a time display in the rules section of the Calendar.)
  • All winners (and just the winners) need to PM CopMike your name and full address ASAP. You need to send your real name (or at least part of it) and your country as well for correct addressing; if we send letters to CloneKiller it may not get there, and many towns names (such as New Town, Bridgewater...) are used all around the world.
  • The prize displayed below the column is the one you'll probably be getting... probably!
  • Send a PM if you don't want the prize (for whatever reason) and we'll pick someone else.
  • There are a lot of prizes... and thus it's possible that a mistake might be made. Please don't throw M&g# Bl@ks at us if we can't send exactly what we want. This is a give-away afterall.
  • You are allowed to do swaps with any other prize winners. The winners need to arrange this with each other via PM and then both of you need to tell CopMike via PM ASAP. (This rule might be changed so don't count on it!)

If you have any questions or if you notice any problems with the calendar bother me here or via PM; CopMike is away for work reasons at the moment.

Good luck all! :wub:

Original post below!

snugvaderfp.jpg

Picture by Brickthing

small_tree_3.gifFree Giveaway! Xmas Raffle Building Challenge!small_tree_3.gif

It's soon that time again, when somebody sneaks into your home down the chimney and leaves

a lot of presents under the tree, and this is your chance to get even more ......!

And because Star Wars premiers as an advent calender theme this year the prizes will be SW minifigs!

Read the rules & post your entry in this thread!

The only rules are:

• You need to be a member of Eurobricks who joined before the 8th of November 2011.
  • The MOC theme is Christmas, so ANYTHING that's Christmas for you goes.
  • This is a fun thing, so have FUN!
  • The MOC needs to have at least two (2) original Lego pieces in it. Then you can also add clone ones like BrickForge etc. There is no maximum size limit so there is no limit to your creativity!
  • You can build either with real parts or use LDD, MLCad etc.
  • The MOC needs to be new - no recycling here please - just fresh stuff.
  • The entry must be posted in this thread before 10 pm GMT, by the 27th of November, 2011.
  • Your entry must include one image (and only one image) and be no larger than 512x384.
  • One entry per qualified member.
  • All members including the Staff can join, all but me that is :cry_sad:
  • Did I mention that you need to have fun?
  • I'm the judge and will randomly draw the winners who will be announced in a special thread, the advent calender thread, from 1st dec - 24th dec.

The prizes? It's a secret - it's not Xmas yet but hereĀ“s a sneek peek

:devil: !

sw350.jpg

Dengar

Now bring your A-game and show your holiday spirit! :laugh:

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Copmike never disappoints, I need to conjure something up.

EDIT: 11/24/11 I finally made something.

This is Luke's Christmas tree on Endor

6393540485_3b6b480c21_o.jpg

Great to see another Christmas raffle.

I remember the one from 2 years ago, 'twas great to be in one of the winning spots. :grin:

I'll make sure to participate again this year. Thanks for holding this one. :classic:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, and might be in violation of at least one of the rules, but I just did this thing yesterday, and the timing and appropriateness is too much to pass up.

I dunno if you'd count the toboggan hill/train tunnel as the MOC, or the AT-AT: Special Holiday Edition, but either way, it's Star Wars, it's festive, and it's badly photographed:

6329576818_648a929edd.jpg

I have a question about the opportunity to come up with LDD creations. As an LDD-moc'er myself, I know that a weak structure for example, is not really possible to notice in LDD. MOC'ing in real however, does require that your vehicle or structure is build strong enough so it will not fall apart. So in this case, LDD moc'ers have the advantage that they don't have to make an inner structure. Is this fair?

I have a question about the opportunity to come up with LDD creations. As an LDD-moc'er myself, I know that a weak structure for example, is not really possible to notice in LDD. MOC'ing in real however, does require that your vehicle or structure is build strong enough so it will not fall apart. So in this case, LDD moc'ers have the advantage that they don't have to make an inner structure. Is this fair?

Considering that this is a raffle, yeah it's fair enough.

"Kids! Look who just came down the chimney!"

raffel_entery.png

It's Darth Santa! Here to bring Christmas cheer to our home!"

Now, for the bad Christmas-cracker joke!

How does Darth Santa know what you're getting for Christmas?

He has felt your presents! :vader:

Wooo! I'm so excited!

Here's my entry:

2011raffle.png

Edited by prateek

Wow! you guys are fast!

haha i love the Red Nosed AT AT ;D

I have a question about the opportunity to come up with LDD creations. As an LDD-moc'er myself, I know that a weak structure for example, is not really possible to notice in LDD........ Is this fair?

Bla bla bla bla! I just need an excuse go give away a shitload of cool SW minifigs - build whatever you want in any way you want as in the rules and have some fun and that will earn you one ticket in the raffle :tongue: !
:oh: Dengar is the hint?

Is it crazy to think its the SSD?

Defiantly participating!

And a crazy one that can't read rules :wacko: :
And because Star Wars premiers as an advent calender theme this year the prizes will be SW minifigs!

And a crazy one that can't read rules :wacko: :

Yea I read the rules more detailed after, I should have edited my post, sorry!

I know this is probably as good as read, being that it is in the Star Wars forum, and is for Star Wars prizes...

But I'm assuming the rules should say the MOC must be Christmas AND STAR WARS themed? Rather than just a Christmas themed competition for Star Wars prizes :sceptic: ?

Edited by andhe

My entry is here!

Hey! Look! ItĀ“s the intergalactic santa claus! Christmas-3PacketsO: C-3PO

Yeah! We get nice plactic made Clone Trooper outfits!

6331153309_9a8fc704f3.jpg

Edited by hym

Thank you Santa CopMike! (the title beneath your avatar picture should be changed ;) )

I'll sure make a vignette ASAP, but in real bricks. I don't have enough pieces for anything bigger, but

I want to build something out of the real bricks.

And Dengar is only a spoiler. :oh:

Should we expect chances of winning White Boba Fett, Shadow ARF, Chrome Vader/Stormtrooper

or something like that?

I would be happier with some generic clones, since they could be usefull, but I can't wait

to see what else will you give away.

I might just have to try an MOC then. It will be ruff it will be unrecognizable and it will be my first.

A bit of the Christmas Spirit in the trenches, just like in WW2. :classic:

6334670771_69fdb56f74.jpg