Hurray for us :laugh:

Excellent build, and it turned out fantastic.

Can't wait till the next RCB :tongue:

True about the cost. But naturally the set in that case would have to be slimmed down. Also, remember that the community is supporting the Old West town (can't remember the name), with now about 7000 votes, and that too has a huge brick count.

But sure, maybe this wouldn't be the perfect model to promote. But as a concept it's interesting.

I would rather see the space RCB on Cuusoo, that turned out fantastic too and it will reintroduce classic (neo classic) sets.

Note: i say sets, each part of the RCB could be a set to build the complete base.

Edited by BasOne

Proposing it on Cuusoo would be great for those people who want an imperial fort, but I get the idea that the final design settled on by TLG (after revisions) would lose some of the charm of this model. I'm sure it would still look excellent and cohesive, but part of what makes this model so amazing is that it was a collaborative effort between lots of Eurobricks builders, each with their own creative vision. It would be an awful shame if, for instance, a section that was one builder's pride and joy got eliminated or changed into something that failed to match their vision just to reduce costs.

If it were to become a Cuusoo proposal, also, the builders would probably have to come to a consensus on whose name the proposal would be in. Normally Cuusoo only allows the originator of an idea (and any outside rightsholders) to receive royalties for it. I'm sure many of the builders for this RCB could agree to some arrangement, such as perhaps having the royalties go directly to Eurobricks to fund some future project agreed upon in advance. But no matter what arrangement occurred, it would have to take place before making the proposal, and every builder would have to be well-aware of the fact that a product based on this RCB might not have the same "community" touches as the original concept.

But I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. Finishing this magnificent RCB is an accomplishment in and of itself! Congratulations to all the builders who made this possible. I greatly enjoyed watching it grow from a simple rocky island into a formidable fortress packed with detail inside and out. And I hope that all of the builders involved gained some valuable experience working with LEGO Digital Designer, its freedoms, and its constraints. Hopefully we might see some of that experience put to good use in future RCBs!

Proposing it on Cuusoo would be great for those people who want an imperial fort, but I get the idea that the final design settled on by TLG (after revisions) would lose some of the charm of this model.

I am sure that LEGO would take that into consideration. In fact, making a build specifically for Cuusoo is a great idea. Just got to get the logistics right (piece count, number of builders, types of pieces used.).

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Everyone who participated :thumbup: Superb group effort on this build and lots of fun too.

Night scene with 19 lights:

IMAGE NOT QUOTED

Aren't some of the lights a bit too bright and powerful? I mean, they are torches and lanterns and no high-performance xenon flood lights... A bit more dimmed down would be more realistic, wouldn't it?

Apart from that: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

That is simply amazing.

Aren't some of the lights a bit too bright and powerful? I mean, they are torches and lanterns and no high-performance xenon flood lights... A bit more dimmed down would be more realistic, wouldn't it?

Apart from that: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

I agree that some lights too bright. Most of the lights use same setting, but some of them become too bright because they were not (completely) covered by trans bricks.

Edited by bbqqq

Really, really cool!

You should have entered that into the contest as a new way to view digital models :cry_happy:

Thanks, Now I am learning to make a minifig virtual tours using hotspots feature. It should be fun to make something like classic Myst game in lego models.

"Hotspots

An typical feature of viewers are hotspots: an hotspot is a portion of a panorama that can be clicked to open another panorama. With FSPViewer you can define hotspots inside the FSV control file. You can specify the viewing direction and angle of view of the opened panorama, in order to create immersive virtual tours."

@bublible

Yes, take a look at the section index, there you will find all the RCB, including the classic space one.

EDIT: it seems you already found it.

Edited by Calabar