Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I realize you're the governor of the A.T.C., but do you realize that I am the lord of Antyria?(check my title's in the first post)

Of course I do, but don't forget the A.T.C. is an independent organization, with its own army, property and lands. Most states depend on the A.T.C. for safe traderoutes and fair market prices. We do not pledge our alliance and loyalty to anyone except for the Great Lord of Avalonia.

On the side note, I didn't see the latest version of the map until a few minutes ago, in which it appears the A.T.C. has already its own land. In the first post however, the land of Antyria isn't claimed. Yet I stick with my new position, just North of the capital. Trade routes on both land and water nearby, as well the natural resources. :wub:

Most current version of the map, as of 12/7/11. (Warning: High Res version!)

Here.

And the accompanying legend: (Warning: High Res version!)

And Here.

Fantastic work! The Avalonia Trading Company approves the position of its property. Now the production buildings and main office have a place to be built!

Most current version of the map, as of 12/7/11. (Warning: High Res version!)

Here.

And the accompanying legend: (Warning: High Res version!)

And Here.

Hey Jason, your map is coming along great. Just one issue I have to raise about the border with Mitgardia, the north east extention of your great wall seems to enroach a little on to Mitgardian lands, it also cuts off the only river access to Cedrica from Mitgardia. If you could limit your Norther Eastern borders to the Western banks of the lake and river I think that would make things more balanced and fairer?

Great map Jason! And a great name for the river that runs through my land! :classic:

Z: My land is at tower 17 and is not very large so I can´t figure it out how our lands can clash! :classic:

edit: here is where I thought that Benoic lies... hope it doesn´t collide with somebody else :classic:

Who owns tower 27? Doesn´t say anything in the legend..?

avaloniamapdegothia.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

I have posted a new hall called the hall of Halves. It says why there is a sanstone half and holes here

6472645661_d66aeaed1e.jpg

Edit: It made two copies of the topic, so could somebody sort that out for me.

Edited by Andonii

Z: My land is at tower 17 and is not very large so I can´t figure it out how our lands can clash! :classic:

Very good. I hope that is squared then... hard to keep track... I guess having the general area and name is more important to some degree.

Edit: Great work on the map Jason, very prompt in getting that squared for us!

Edited by ZCerberus

I love all the recent work on the guild, the map is getting that feeling just as a real map would have.

And of course the building of our Capital seems so well planified that marvelous results are expected and sure many buildings are going to be excellent.

Greetings. :classic:

Great job on the map and the hard work it must be to keep up with all of this.

If it helps, here is area I have envisioned for Circardia.

Circardia-map-M.jpg

The Eastern border is the Isca River, a wide, fast moving river. Along the northern border is a river similar to Isca, the LLeyln River. Along the south is the high cliffs looking over Orthus Bay. Of course the Western border is very wild, heavily forested and largely unknown. According to the guess that it is 50 miles between tower 14 and 18 (in this post http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62881&view=findpost&p=1130616 ) It looks like the Isca River is slightly more than 20 miles long and the whole strip of land is about between 5 to 10 miles wide.

Of course, if any of these features are already named or if my scale is off adjust it as you see fit.

on a side note, thanks to all for starting the Guild project. It pulled me from long time lurker to poster. I have enjoyed building and have a long list of ideas! Sadly, in a few builds I will have to either take out a loan for my bricklink purchases or dismantle some of the projects!.

I was thinking... If the guilds are going to get points later on and after that taking lands from other guilds... Shouldn´t we have some empty space that the other guilds could take. Let´s hope that this never happens, but I think that it would be pretty lame that my land to be part of an other guild...

Guildsmen!

It is good to see you planning out areas of land for yourself and giving them interesting names. I just want to make one point clear. The idea of having your own areas, was so that our land would have many different towns, villages and settlements. So when we viewed the map, it would look more realistic with all the different names and places throughout. I hoped we would see lots places built up each with their own farms, watchtowers, shops etc and whatever else you think up and want to build. However, I have seen a few little problems arise due to peoples claims of land, people complaining that their land is being taken by another etc. Nothing major, but I want to make it clear that you don't need huges plots of land on the map. After all, this is lego. Just cause you have what looks like a small section of land, it doesn't stop you from building anything different then what you would if you had a big plot. No one is going to be able to build a settlement/town the size of our capital on their own(unless you have a huge collection and plenty of time). For example, I could pick one of the small islands in the Mystic Isles, but I could still build 4 blacksmiths, loads of houses, windmills, shops, a fort etc, if i wanted. Because everyone's area will only be marked on the map by the Name of the area. We won't be marking the names of every single building, just the name you have chosen. So in theory, you can build as many mocs as you want for your area of land. Don't think you need to claim a big area just because you want to build a lot of stuff. There are a lot of members here who are yet to pick and name an area of land, so we need to think of others.

I do like the competitive nature you guys have though, I like the fact that you want to build powerful mighty settlements and take land, but not from your fellow guildsmen. We must build our land into something mighty and powerful, make the other guilds envious of our great land and buildings. If this fragile peace breaks between the guilds, then war will be upon us, a chance for the adventurous among you to capture a bit of enemy land and rename it yourself :devil:

Another point I would like to make, you may have noticed some smaller forests and some lakes and rivers thoughout the map. Well, apart from the rivers that have been named, any river or forest that runs through or is nearest your area of land can be named by you. For example, there is a forest that lies near de Gothia's land of Benoic, so that would be Benoic forest. Of course, you don't have to name it after your land, it could be named after a legend that surrounds it or a famous dragon that died there etc, what ever you want.

Remember, you have a lot of time to build parts for your own area of land, its not a main challenge, and mocs can be built whenever you want.

As you should have seen, our Capital Albion has finally been drawn up and planned out, and a great job has been done of it thanks to ZCerberus! This is our mighty Capital City, the one place which we should really try hard on and make it stand out. We are in a great posistion as we have been racing ahead of other guilds with our builds, so lets keep it up and build our capital.

I am currently snapping up lots of good prizes, some of which will be mingled in with the building of our capital.

It has been hard work sorting out the guild idea and getting everything up and running. Hopefully by Xmas we will have the proper point system in place and be able to start showing prizes. Im sure you all know a certain new exclusive Kingdoms set is released in January right?!

Guilds are keeping to themselves at the moment because of the peace treaty, but im sure it won't be long until another guild breaks it. When that happens, I fear things could get hectic, but we will be ready!

Keep up the great work everyone, and remember to sign up for the Capital build in its own thread in the forum. I will set a link to that thread in the first post of this thread as well.

I am just wondering, there is an island that on all the maps has a question mark. It is not to far from Avalonia, so, what is it.

I had considering claiming part of that island, thinking that it would be the perfect place for a hidden tribe or race. I suggest that we leave the island open for now. It would be the perfect place for some sort of contest at a later date, the emergence of some new race that lego puts out (like minotaurs, but I'd rather some other race myself), or it could work as a contested area to fight with other guilds over at a later date.

avaloniamapdegothia.jpg

I claim my land, Rexius, right above the Wither Woods. In the center.

Also, Timura, good work! I like. :sweet: I look so good in my morion! :grin:

Since you guys are all carving up Avalonia, I'd like to take one of the Mystic Isles for me and all my other Kaliphlin buddies :tongue: Nothing too big, but preferably with some nice beaches. I'll even build a watchtower on it, and you can come over and hang out. I'll serve you up some of my finest Siccus Opus Select red wine and we'll throw a few pot-bellied bandersnatches on the barbie. Deal?

Hello fellow guildsmen!

The Avalonia Trading Company Sawmill is almost up!

Producing a huge percentage of planks and woodcarvings throughout the lands of Avalonia.

Built near a dense forest, to cut down the trees.

6476874729_f2cb2eec93_b.jpg

More pictures later on, in his own thread. Stay tuned and cheers fellow guildmen! :sweet:

Hello fellow guildsmen!

The Avalonia Trading Company Sawmill is almost up!

Producing a huge percentage of planks and woodcarvings throughout the lands of Avalonia.

Built near a dense forest, to cut down the trees.

6476874729_f2cb2eec93_b.jpg

More pictures later on, in his own thread. Stay tuned and cheers fellow guildmen! :sweet:

Excellent work! Looks great, I look forward to seeing more of this!

Wooohow! Captain Blackmoor, that is really a nice sawmill! Can´t wait for the detalied pics!!

I want to signing up to your guild. So is this now the right place or should I sign up by the guilds of Historica instroduction?

This is my first picture for by share to this guild. This is a short part of the 8. army, which is on the way to on of the camps on the brink of the siccus badlands.

dscn0199-kopie.jpg

Is this so ok? Am I now a menber?

And I have one question: Can everyone build mocs and put them into the map like he wants, or have erveryone a fix area?

Is this so ok? Am I now a menber?

And I have one question: Can everyone build mocs and put them into the map like he wants, or have erveryone a fix area?

Welcome to our guild hellboy. No need to go to the Historica sign up thread.

You can make a MOC for any of the three major "areas" of our guild land, the Enchanted Forest, the Grasslands, or the Mystic Isles.

You may also choose to build something in our capital city of Albion. Click HERE to join that project.

If you do wish to build a MOC outside the capital in one of the three major regions, some members have carved out a small area or "subregion" on the map where their mocs are located. This gives our map a better feeling of having towns and settlements with their own building styles. For example, I build in the Mesodraconem region just south of the capital (between the Draconem River and an unnamed (thinking of calling it the Pendragon?)river). I do not yet have a name for any settlements in the area, but my MOCs will say they are from the Mesodraconem region of Avalonia so people can get a feeling of what that region is like. You need not claim any specific subregion if you do not wish to, it is purely a device to help develop our Guild and lands more. If you DO make a subregion to call your own however, you may earn yourself a guild "title" like Duke or Earl or Lord of that tract of land. When Derfel gets around to it, I hope I will become "Lord of Mesodraconem".

The first shipment of building materials for my watchtower has arrived.

Unfortunately, the second and most important one hasn't even been send yet... This means it'll arrive next week. And I'm not at home in the week. So I won't be able to finish it by the 15th of December. :thumbdown: I would be asking to much to extent the first challenge by a couple of days I think.

The first shipment of building materials for my watchtower has arrived.

Unfortunately, the second and most important one hasn't even been send yet... This means it'll arrive next week. And I'm not at home in the week. So I won't be able to finish it by the 15th of December. :thumbdown: I would be asking to much to extent the first challenge by a couple of days I think.

I will ask and see if anything can be done. If not, please build it anyway, as with your tower you can claim a area of your own and name it what you wish. Looking forward to it.

@ZCerberus, i've sorted it now, been a bit busy these last few days, I shall try and get everything else up to date over the weekend. Ive named your buildings Mesodraconem for now, if you wish any of your build's to have a particular name, let me know and I will change them.

Here is my entry to the Champion of Avalonia mini-build as Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard takes on an Ogre!

joust2-M.jpg

More photos and back story in this thread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63225

Nice MOC! I really like the pig in the cage and the mace the ogre is carrying.

I can't wait to see Blackmoor's Sawmill. It looks amazinng.

My entry for High King of the Elves.

Elves aren't all noble and elite, some go wanton for power and end up summoning demons and Shades. This fellow summoned a demon of fire, but I killed the elf transferring mastership of the demon to me. :classic:

dsc01200.jpg

These two archers flee in terror

dsc01202.jpg

I made a little house on the shores of Avanmora. The river that runs through my land, Benoic.

6481171485_a4853b3a35.jpg

Fishermans happiness by de Gothia, on Flickr

6481167649_558cd22522.jpg

Fishermans happiness by de Gothia, on Flickr

More here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63233&pid=1138196&st=0entry1138196

Edited by de Gothia