Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Sorry for the double post,

but finally I posted my entry to the University of Petraea project:

msshnyp2.jpg

I have another story-related build up plus another build:

8329782744_d92de41940.jpg

8321551865_3002cfa11c.jpg

The pictures will take you to their topics!

Wow Chall. VI is announced !!

Really too bad there is a size limitation, because I wanted to use Chapter 3 (and the final chapter of the Alleenridders) as the first Chapter of Chall. VI.... And normally the base of that is far more than 48x48...

So I guess I will use it as a prelude (and kind of freebuild) :classic:

So that makes me think about at least 3 new MOC's...

So Challenge VI has been announced! I'll probably start pretty soon as it's very unlikely I'll have any time in March, though I have a few other ideas I want to do and I think I'll incorporate part of my story into it. Unfortuantly I'm not very up to date on the Revolward story... though I know the backstorys of most of the guilds pretty well, that's one story I never bothered to read up on. I guess a few hours should remedy that though! I never really liked mixing interiors and exteriors too much, so I might just do all interiors. Guess it depends on where the story goes! I think I can promise you it will have something to do with the red ruby though... :wink:

Anyway, enough rambling. Anyone else inspired by the new challenge, besides Da Maximus and me?

Definitely...I started a build a couple of weeks ago that I was hoping to incorporate into the CVI. But, I was anticipating no size limit for the final challenge, so it is too big. I'm going to finish it up and use it as a prelude as I start to figure out what I am going to build for the challenge

Happy New Year everyone! What a great way to finish. I have had a bit too much real life stuff to do since Hallowe'en so I haven't been building, I even missed the University and Valryrio challenges. Hopefully I will get something in for Challenge 6. Well done to those who have been holding the fort lately, there have been a lot of very interesting stories posted

:classic:

Happy New Year everyone! What a great way to finish. I have had a bit too much real life stuff to do since Hallowe'en so I haven't been building, I even missed the University and Valryrio challenges. Hopefully I will get something in for Challenge 6. Well done to those who have been holding the fort lately, there have been a lot of very interesting stories posted

:classic:

U Too!!!

Me too, the past few days, I had to read everything in the Avalonia, Mitgardia and Nocturnus threads from October 14th on! :blush: It was a shame I missed a lot of really nice things going on (like the never really escalated war between a group of Elves and Ondylion). I also missed the Valyrio challenge and the University challenge (even I always thought it was just something like Albion, so without timelimit). So I know how you feel!

I hope you'll be back soon with us :classic:

On another note, Sir Tomvaximus (who is now in control of Mpya Stedor while Lord Damaximus and Lord Max Samu are on the quest (more on that later this week)) has recently fired the engineering team who renovated the Wall and constructed the Gatehouse of Mpya Stedor. It has something to do with the fact that the engineer forgot the fact that the quivers are coming out on the right side of the soldiers, so that they have to stand place on the right side of the shooting holes.

Sir Ihn Gheneeus is now appointed as Chief Defence Engineer has now fixed this error and has also redesigned the upper level of the Gatehouse with a new tower on it. He also gave the slaves the start signal to start constructing the wall between the city and the sea and the 2 towers guarding the innerbay :classic:

First off- Congrats Rubuko on the win for Kaliphlin on Challenge five! It was well deserved!

Like a bunch of other people, my non-lego life kinda took over the end of the year and I missed both the mini challenges as well. Although I do have two half finished MOCs sitting here for them, hopefully I get the inspiration to finish them off and post them.

Challenge six seems really interesting. I think we have some of the best story- tellers, so Kaliphlin should have no problem with that part! I'm glad we have almost three months to work on it too, I know I will need every last minute of it like usual.

Now I have to go catch up on everything going on!

IT all looks quite interesting. I hope I can find time. I keep thinking I am going to be able to get something done, and sit on it too long. I hope everyone gets a chance to come back and build for this one.

After months of searching, we finally found Lloth!

Read all about in here:

The Quest of The Alleenridders - Chapter II

As you can read and probably already heard, Valsharess (the ex-drow queen) is pillaging and conquering the South East of Kaliphlin under the banner of the Mage Revolword!

It won't be long before she will besiege Mpya Stedor! With an enormous army, she will not stop before the Glorious City will be sacked... If she succeed in that plan, it means one of the strongest cities in Historica has fallen (I don't have to show you my wall I suppose, for these who never saw it, look to my signature). And many cities will surrender theirself in the hope to avoid the same!

Too bad for my beloved city, all the knights of the neighbouring cities have to defend their own cities and it will take too long to send reinforcements out of Petraea or other cities, so all Mpya Stedor can hope for is that Lord Damaximus will arrive in time to rescue the city!

Will Lord Damaximus and his Alleenridders be on time to rescue the city, or will the city be a ruin, forcing other cities to surrender to Victor Revolword?

If Lord Damaximus fails, will he take revenge, planning every detail in the fortress of Everlast?

Will the everlasting allies of Lord Damaximus (Ximus, Amenor and Atlarka) send troops to help Historica?

A lot of questions, so after reading Chapter II, get yourself excited for the answers in an upcomming Chapter III in 2 weeks!!!!

(Out of story)

Seriously, Chapter III will have an epic scene!!

* At the moment of speaking, the base is already around 80x180 and will be expanded soon to something like (probably) 120x180

* First time I guess you will see my gatehouse, wall and tower all together!

* A quick guess says there will be more than 300 soldiers involved!

* Also some brickbuilt monsters (elements) are attended to the Gala!

Keep in mind for last Challenge you can enter up to THREE entries for max points.

Each one is max 48 x 48...

No one said they couldn't combine the three (or more) builds together... they just have to be presented in 48 x 48 chunks :wink:

Keep in mind for last Challenge you can enter up to THREE entries for max points.

Each one is max 48 x 48...

No one said they couldn't combine the three (or more) builds together... they just have to be presented in 48 x 48 chunks :wink:

If it was a reply to my post:

Chapter III is just the prelude for Challenge VI :wink:

If it was a general remark:

I have 5 MOC's in mind (or maybe 4 and one as epilogue) :classic: Not all of them will be 48x48 (now I think about it, maybe none will)

Joining this challenge may be dificult, because this month my focus will be split between my current builds and at least two of the Sci-fi theme contests. I'm almost done with NOMEA (after having to re-build it at least four times), and have begun the design proper on Visiting Herbologists. I also have Nestlands Market planned, which will be on a 48x48 baseplate. I could probably do something with the figs and story to adapt Nestlands Market as one of my three allowed builds. I'll also have to get back to the character of Sdair Zuuree. Writing as the character is a challenge in itself, and this challenge is about the story. I will enjoy that part.

I think Kaliphlin will have a good showing for this Challenge, glad to hear there's some excitement! Think I'll have to turn this into something of a race for myself... as half of January and March are out as far as building time...

Wasn't able to get any free builds done this week (read, posted), CCCX pretty much MOCed me out and I'm trying to get Sci-Fi month out of the way... I do have two built, just need the storyline (that seems almost standard now...). Plus I've read up on the Revelword (that how you spell his name?) story, and got the rough outline of mine almost done (need to know what to build!). In fact, I'm going to try to be first with this challenge... (and then @Peppermint_M had to post a Building Drive).

Edited by Kai NRG

teaser :classic:

bomsteaser.jpg

There are 180 dark tan 6x12 plates on their way to here, hope they will arrive soon :sweet:

Edited by DaMaximus

Da Maximus, that looks awesome! :thumbup: Love the water especially!· Can't wait to see it finished!

Da Maximus, that looks awesome! :thumbup: Love the water especially!· Can't wait to see it finished!

there are tons of trans 1x1 one plates in it :classic: I thought I had a lot (around 4k), but I quickly discovered that I need a lot more in the future for my harbor :look:

Can't wait to see that...however it looks longer than it is tall :grin:

If you look good, you can see that my gatehouse became taller :laugh:

snip

There are 180 dark tan 6x12 plates on their way to here, hope they will arrive soon :sweet:

Wow *huh* How long do you think it will take you to do the whole city?

Wow *huh* How long do you think it will take you to do the whole city?

I hoped to be ready around this time of the year :laugh:

But after my gatehouse, I already knew it would take much longer. I want to make it as complete and perfect as possible, so I guess it will take at least one more year, but probably 2...

Not only time is a factor, but also money. Like I said to KAI NRG, I am always surprised how many bricks some MOC's cosume.

But the reason I don't mind the delay is because I started with this without having any experience of decent MOC'ing.

Nowadays, every MOC I make has some trials in it so I can see if it would work for the city or not. (for example, notice the difference in rocks between "Everlast" and "Chapter II", the difference in water between the teaser and "Elemental surprise in Ghuba-ya Biashara", and so many more little things).

I am also planning to start using some technics in it in the future (like for example Ecclesiastes also did with those birds). But that's for much later :laugh:

So, I hoped to end the first year with a supreme apotheosis by presenting a giant MOC behind my wall (so my city), but it will be a giant MOC in front of my wall (a battle) :classic:

That is looking really awesome DaMaximus!

I'm still working on the Kakushi-shō project, but still working on the rocks. I have found out that good large rock builds are very tedious and boring and I'm going to try to avoid it as much as possible in the future. This made me take my castle project back to the drawing board and now it is laid out similar to DaMaximus's city (architecture is different). So I guess that means that I will be returning to Barqa... howbeit using Bishop Jamon's character as leader of the Knights of Aslan. Mikel Kalores is still traveling, researching mythical beasts and races, Masa is with the Phantom Legion headed for battle against Victor Revolword's forces, so the only character free to build in Kaliphlin is the good Bishop. Evidently the elemental attacks were a boon to the Knights of Aslan, as donations have significantly increased. Construction has begun on a new fortress guarding the mouth of Arkbri River and is making excellent progress. Kalores Castle still lies in ruins after the elemental attack (Haven't had time to photo it).

With all these projects going on and major battles forthcoming... I would like to see a "What we Know so far post" that digs up the recent actions or planned actions of members and their efforts towards the forces of evil. For example, DaMaximus and Masa are both marching an army towards confrontation, but so is Dugal. It would be kind of cool to figure out what the overall strategy for Kaliphlin (or even all of Historica) was. Although, I suppose after it is all done, someone ambitious could write a general history lol.

I am not going to tell right now how the Battle of Mpya Stedor will turn out :classic:

However I can tell that Lord Damaximus still will be used in the future, so he will lead an army to Victor Revolword :classic: Even it is almost impossible to conquer Cedrica in a siege, especially when recently many soldiers of his army died in the Battle of Mpya Stedor.

So LD will have to distract the attention of Victor Revolword so the I.A.M.S. can try to save Historica :classic:

After I have finished the battle, I will start with developping the MOC's and the story for Chal VI :classic:

But first of all, I have to sort my bricks (again) so it will be easier to make the MOC's :classic:

2 bad I have to pay in advance the BULKLUG, so my money for this month (and theoretically next month too) is already absorbed :cry_sad: I think I will work something out on that with my brother :laugh:

Edited by DaMaximus

With all these projects going on and major battles forthcoming... I would like to see a "What we Know so far post" that digs up the recent actions or planned actions of members and their efforts towards the forces of evil. For example, DaMaximus and Masa are both marching an army towards confrontation, but so is Dugal. It would be kind of cool to figure out what the overall strategy for Kaliphlin (or even all of Historica) was. Although, I suppose after it is all done, someone ambitious could write a general history lol.

That's a great idea; it could really help with people (like me) who like doing long stories; it would make it easier to know when to visit where/who...