Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

That's looking great, I love the brick work you have achieved, that's definitely going to be a build I will enjoy seeing!

Ok, i've got my Berigora harbour free build up now. You can navigate to the topic by clicking the image. :classic:

berigoraharbour3eb_290312.jpg

Edited by gabe

Erudhalion, epic build! I love all of it. It seems Lord Shale is working on something incredible too, that curved wall is brilliant and I love the woodwork.

Gex, Lord Flagg, thankyou very much for your ideas. I would never have though of studs-in, it`s a great approach, and the liftarms use is inspired. I will probably use snot for front and rear, and something similar to Gex`s idea but studs-out for the main section. The size is troubling me, in reality airships are MUCH longer than the passenger compartment. There is a amazing airship on KOOOZOOOO or however the megabluck you spell it (thanks, autoeditor!). At 245cm long at microfig scale, you see the scale issue! I did not include reference pics because I just invented the piscithopter, and there is nothing to refer to :tongue: although, a rainbow coloured tuna is probably the nearest thing to my idea.

:classic:

I thought it was about time I showed some WIP pics, to see what people think, would love some feedback!

[images]

Sorry the photo's are so small, they were taken on a phone, and they did not turn out very well.

I can smell that from here and it smells odorific!!! That looks promising!

A lot happening here the last couple weeks! We did very well in the free builds, way to go guild!

Gabe, that harbor is a beauty. It has a vibrant and living feel to it, great addition to the Kaliphlin landscape.

Scubacarrot, I have to agree with what has been said already - that curved wall is amazing, I look forward to the completed project. Always good to see velociraptors too. :)

I am missing a few of the other great works from late, but when I get settled into the new place I will go back and look at the guild's creations in more detail.

For Kaliphlin!

On a side note, anyone else excited about tonight's Game of Thrones premier?

I thought it was about time I showed some WIP pics, to see what people think, would love some feedback!

7032398659_ab2db4efda_n.jpg6886301932_6291b0e8e8_n.jpg

Sorry the photo's are so small, they were taken on a phone, and they did not turn out very well.

Wow, this is looking great Lord Shale/scubacarrot! The right hand (viewers side) wall looks especially impressive, and i like the incorporation of the wooden sections as well. I like the curved wall too, although i'm kinda wondering where it is going - it seems like an odd transition between the curved section and the rockwork/stepped grey wall in front of it? I can't wait to see more now - very intruiging, especially with the raptors! :classic:

Not sure what the "smell" comments are about...I think it must be some kind of April fools thing on EB because after I posted it I couldn't edit it...weird! :hmpf_bad:

A lot happening here the last couple weeks! We did very well in the free builds, way to go guild!

Gabe, that harbor is a beauty. It has a vibrant and living feel to it, great addition to the Kaliphlin landscape.

Scubacarrot, I have to agree with what has been said already - that curved wall is amazing, I look forward to the completed project. Always good to see velociraptors too. :)

I am missing a few of the other great works from late, but when I get settled into the new place I will go back and look at the guild's creations in more detail.

For Kaliphlin!

On a side note, anyone else excited about tonight's Game of Thrones premier?

Good luck getting settled in the new place mate. I am stoked about GoT, we get it one night after you here in the UK but I really can't wait to see it! Season 1 was brilliant, now I just need to read the books (I have the first four but I am 50% through the Conan collection just now).

I am making good progress on the Challenge 3 entry, I've got a long way to go but I did one of the hardest bits yesterday, so I was pleased with that. Although I suspect I will need to use Bricklink a few times over the coming weeks...

There have been so many great WIPs so far...I really need to raise my game this time! :thumbup:

Edited by Basiliscus

Just saw the first episode of season 2, same high quality as season 1. I guess we are the Dorthraki/ Mitgardia is Winterfell/ Avalonia is King`s Landing/ Nocturnus doesn`t really fit.... beyond the wall?

The bard thread has become a contest between 3 great Kaliphlin entries. Well, we are the patrons of the arts round here, as Mikel said. :laugh: Do have a look and vote for your favourite tune!

Lord Shale, your build is fantastic so far. It strikes me that the brickwork on parts of the right wall, and the planking on top, would probably be more popular with voters if they are a little more irregular.

To all my beloved borthers and sisters of mighty Kaliphlin, I am sorry for my absence here at the forum, but I was feeling sick lately. But if the day goes on like this morning, I think I am healthy again :D

So later this day I'll reply to the posts and the new topics!

Some really nice MOC's are built !!!

Thanks all for comments, gives a bit of pressure to finish it. :blush:

Lord Shale, your build is fantastic so far. It strikes me that the brickwork on parts of the right wall, and the planking on top, would probably be more popular with voters if they are a little more irregular.

Thanks , I was not too happy with the planking either, I'm currently thinking about an elegant solution for that. What brickwork do you mean?

Wow, this is looking great Lord Shale/scubacarrot! The right hand (viewers side) wall looks especially impressive, and i like the incorporation of the wooden sections as well. I like the curved wall too, although i'm kinda wondering where it is going - it seems like an odd transition between the curved section and the rockwork/stepped grey wall in front of it? I can't wait to see more now - very intruiging, especially with the raptors! :classic:

I am working on that too, I made a small portion of the dark tan tiles near the bottom of the curve dark gray, that looks a bit better, as a transition.

Hey guys, sorry for the string of inactivity I've had for a couple of weeks here! Things have been crazy around work and home lately and unfortunately Bricks are on the losing end of my time lately. I have been working on challenge 3 though and will have something to post for the guild. However, with the time constraints it won't be as big or detailed as I originally envisioned it to be.

Looks like a lot of great ideas floating around the Guild, and I can't wait to start seeing some of these being posted!

Master Cartographer Gex - that's an interesting frame you have built for the piscithopter! Something that could possibly be used as basis of tower structures...

Lord Shale that's a great start - the brick tiles on the walls are really nice. As is the wooden bay window.

Tower Master Erudhalion another astounding build. I keep running out of possible praises for work! haha. keep it up :)

Re: Game of Thrones -

It's fine to chat about it - but let's keep in mind that there are people that watch it in different timezones/not right away so please use spoilers.

That being said -

I wasn't that hooked like after first episode of Season 1. But I will definitely keep watching -it's a gorgeous show...

Ep 2 is tonight :excited:

And I have read the second book - working on the third.

DaMaximus It is good to hear you are better (and building!) I can send my personal doctor if you so desire...

Saladus I have had similar commitments that has unfortunately taken time away from Kaliphlin, though thankfully some of that is LEGO related :tongue:

But I have a couple things I wana build for Brickworld...

Speaking of which - anyone coming to Brickworld?

we could get some Kaliphiln action going and show off our awesomeness to the other guilds - in person.

Speaking of which - anyone coming to Brickworld?

we could get some Kaliphiln action going and show off our awesomeness to the other guilds - in person.

There is an outside chance that I may be able to swing a work trip to Chicago that week, in which case I'd definitely attend. Probably won't know until a few weeks before the event.

In any case, I'm trying to revise my Kaliphlin map into a poster before then, so at least we can print it and show it off with whatever MOCs we have.

As for challenge 3, two caravans arrived last week from the BrickLink quarries while we were on vacation. Not sure when I will have time to start building however. I will get something done in time, but it will probably be the lamest of all my challenge entries so far. :sad: Sorry, what with work, family, vacation, and taxes, I haven't had much time to devote to this one at all. I'll try to post some WIP shots once it's actually in-progress...

Another WIP, I updated the curved section, this is what it looks like now:

7060356641_dd548fed16.jpg

If you look carefully, maybe you can find the easter egg I have hidden in the picture.

Sorry for the late post. I'm from flickr and have been inspired to join by Si-Mocs.

I, Medic!!!, the one from flickr. Sign up for the Kaliphlin guild!

7060409739_f983d0f325.jpg

Ah you must be Dextrus Flagg, good to see this fine country ruled by such an able bodied leader. My name is Kirk Valentine and I am the Head peace-keeper in the fishing port town of Avantia in the far south of the Inland sea. I Have recently returned from helping a friend in Mitgardia and have found my town in ruin. Ships wrecked, buildings broken and most importantly crime is a common sight here. We would request support within materials and craftsmen for repair. Our ships are fast, and knowledge travels quickly from trade ports to us. In return for your aid, we will provide information and technology that could help Kaliphlin greatly. Such as a lantern that detects flammable gasses safely, Water purification methods, long range siege weaponry and finally the most fresh and delicious fish from all of Historica.....

More soon.

Medic!!!

Edited by Medic!!!

Welcome, Kirk Valentine! Glad to have you with us! Join us in a flagon of ale, and let`s discuss what can be done to bring peace and profit to Avantia. The fish trade sounds like a very promising place to start, and the Petraea General Trading Company has some keen interest in your water purification systems.

Lord Shale, apologies for the late reply. I was referring to the tiles 4,5,and 6 studs above the lowest window on the right hand side. Your build is going to be epic! Happy Easter, enjoy the egg!

I am making very very slow progress on challenge 3. I still haven`t finished the ground, in the first scene. And that`s after 3 days of holiday this week :sad: Oh well, time to speed up.

Another WIP, I updated the curved section, this is what it looks like now:

7060356641_dd548fed16.jpg

If you look carefully, maybe you can find the easter egg I have hidden in the picture.

Oooh yeah, that tower is coming along really nicely! Agreed the round tiles look great there, and the dark grey tiles at the bottom have nice colour continuity with the rockwork at the front. :thumbup:

Happy Easter (almost wrote "Eater", which would be rather apt as well, what with all the chocs etc... :laugh:) everyone btw! I am frantically trying to get my challenge three build done by Sat, which is when i go on hols... not sure how i'll go cause work is looking super-busy this week, but i've started at least. :look:

Anyway, here's a bit of a teaser from the start of the quest:

questvig1eb_050412.jpg

Hope everyone else's builds are going well! :classic:

gabe, wow! *oh2**huh* That`s spectacular! Love the ship, rug, throne, minifigs, walls, et c!

:laugh:

ps just spotted the Legonardo, brilliant!

Edited by robuko

Wow great WIP's here in Kaliphlin! Your scene has so many details, Gabe, wonderfull. The carpet, the view outside of the window and the real Kaliphlin feel to it are great! And scubacarrot, your wall is very nice, I really love the brick work and the colours, looking forward to see both mocs.

So am I in?

Working on my very own peace keeper headquarters at the moment. Miniscale version of island complete.

Anyway, here's a bit of a teaser from the start of the quest:

Lovely scene Gabe!

Scubacarrot - that wall is looking awesome!

A hearty welcome to you, Kirk Valentine!

I've been busy planning my challenge 3 entry so haven't been too active on here of late. Still on a tight schedule so I thought it would be more beneficial to the guild if I spent more time working on the project instead of chatting here. Unfortunately for me, all my projects end up usually being very large and I am always redesigning to incorporate new techniques so I sometimes feel a bit guilty that I only have 1 MOC presented to the guild at present. Hopefully the quality will make up for the quantity...:cry_sad:

So am I in?

Yes! The very act of posting your name and figure in this thread completes the incredibly ancient and complex ritual of joining the Kaliphlin Guild! Now commences the three ritual days of partying... :sweet:

Sorry to hear about Avantia! We will send two ships of supplies from Messahmuk post-haste. Looking forward to some fish. :classic:

Sorry to hear about Avantia! We will send two ships of supplies from Messahmuk post-haste. Looking forward to some fish. :classic:

So we will send some right away! It seems that our local delicacies our becoming popular... I would like to try some of yours.

Always a pleasure to do business with the Petraea General Trading Company.

6918908738_fb34d95e77.jpg

And now the first of the 4 Installments of the island of Avantia.

That's alot of of's.

My Flickr

Edited by Medic!!!