Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Liberty Inn

thindexedgif.gif188B

While discussing a prior MOC village house I had done before here, Eurobricks Member Bart said it reminded him of the Liberty store in London. Being from the US, I had never even heard of the store, but when he posted I link, I was inspired. I was already intending to use many of the ideas (on a corner, stone work on a second floor...) that the Liberty store posses, so the store served as a great inspiration.

To pay homage to the store in London, I am calling this MOC the Liberty Inn.

Though it would be nice to have one... it does NOT have an interior right now.

img_7154.jpg

As always, click the thumbnails for larger view.

img_7148.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7156.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7170.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_7151.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7162.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_7169.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_7176.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7160.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_7171.jpg_thumb.jpg

Link to Brickshelf when it is public.

Oh my that is impressive! :pir-wub:

I love the different things you've put in, like the window technique on the lower floor. Awesome!

The woodwork looks splendid as well and the balcony on the middle floor is outstanding.

A fantastic build. :thumbup:

Now we wait for an old fashion cobblestone street! :pir_laugh2:

I love the balcony and all glass wall technique , its brilliant

I wish I could make stuff like this for my pirate/castle village, its really good

Cheers

Beautiful, this will look so great when accompagnied by some nice roads, coaches passing by, etc. Love it :pir-sweet:

Another amazing building, i love your building techniques, they are truly amazing...

I wonder how much bricks you must have, you build so much, i think you live next to the Lego factory :pir_laugh2:

Fantastic!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I love how you used the tiles on the outside and the curved look of each adjoining building. It just looks right. I hate to say it looks normal, but it just looks the way it should, you know. Even with nothing to compare it too I just know it looks right. I'll stop babbling now, expect to see it on the blog in a few days.

Ive always admired your MOCs, and this one is no exception. Its beautiful. Your approach to half timber housing is better than a lot of people. Im still in the process of a 4 year MOC that keeps on evolving. You make me want to just finish it, regardless of whether its ready or not.

This is, in a word, spectacular.

I am dying to know what is on the back of the roof. There are areas that look like vents or skylights or something that I cannot quite make out in the picture.

This is, in a word, spectacular.

I am dying to know what is on the back of the roof. There are areas that look like vents or skylights or something that I cannot quite make out in the picture.

The roof can open in those sections to access the interior... of which there currently is none... I guess to me this MOC was so big and was the first one that really has a designated function (as in it is an inn and not just another house) that I feel as if it should have an accessible interior. It does make it look a little funny back there, but I don't mind it too much.

Edited by ZCerberus

Beautiful! Nice colourscheme, good work on the roofs and windows and I also like the brown leg details.

Somehow the windows below look quite modern but I guess they were just modern when they were firstly build :pir-classic:

I think this will be a good addition to your large project!

The roof can open in those sections to access the interior... of which there currently is none... I guess to me this MOC was so big and was the first one that really has a designated function (as in it is an inn and not just another house) that I feel as if it should have an accessible interior. It does make it look a little funny back there, but I don't mind it too much.

I thought I saw some hinges in there. That makes sense. I tend to go with a removable roof and removable floors (Modular Houses style) but occasionally I have had accidents in transport because a floor or roof came off. I can totally see doing it with hinged sections.

I don't think it detracts from the model at all, especially in the back. Any chance of a pic with the sections open?

That's amazing! Very impressive!

Somewhat unrelated to this topic:

I'm currently building a 16/17th century city to go along with my pirates, and so far I have only built a small inn and a church. The sets I've bought for the city are the Medievil market village, Imperial trading post (port for the city) and Mill village raid.

What are other official sets that would go along well with a city from this time period? I don't mind them being from City or Creator series (or any other series) as long as you can modify them somewhat easily to make them look like theyre from the 16th/17th century. I plan on buying the lighthouse from the creator series.

but off course I would prefer something from the Castle or Pirates series, but so far I haven't found many sets that are civilian houses.

Also, are there any guides or the likes for building houses like these? I'm not very good at MOCing so far lol.

Edited by MikeHaggarKJ

I really like your inn. I love the whole look and feel of it and I hope you do a full interior inside it as that would just increase its awesomeness. Great work.

I'm currently building a 16/17th century city to go along with my pirates, and so far I have only built a small inn and a church. The sets I've bought for the city are the Medievil market village, Imperial trading post (port for the city) and Mill village raid.

What are other official sets that would go along well with a city from this time period?

Medieval Market Village has to be #1, but if you have the scratch, I would definitely pick up Diagon Alley from the Harry Potter line as well. It has tons of useful parts for building a few buildings.

Also, are there any guides or the likes for building houses like these? I'm not very good at MOCing so far lol.

I see that you are new here, so maybe you missed it... a guide by Derfal Cardarn was on the font page not long ago. Click this link here for an AWESOME guide on building this type of building. You won't be disappointed with that link at all!

I :pir-wub: this pub, beautiful Tudor era detailing to it too ! :thumbup:

Brick On while drinking rum 'ZCerberus'.....I too wait for the cobblestone streets ! :pir-grin:

What a beautiful MOC. It's so realistic.

I've been working on using tiles to represent a wooden frame too, although I've run out of modified bricks.

Well, I'm quite taken aback, I must say. You should be an architect, with your artistic aptitude and all. What an amazing work of art.

What are other official sets that would go along well with a city from this time period? I don't mind them being from City or Creator series (or any other series) as long as you can modify them somewhat easily to make them look like theyre from the 16th/17th century.

I would suggest POTC: London Escape.

I would suggest POTC: London Escape.

Also, there is a good variety of parts and ideas in the winter village line. I would check those out too, the first 2 had good part to price ratios as well.

Very nice creation, it genuinely breathes 16th/17th century to me. It looks like something you might see in PotC or any other movie set in that era.

Just looking at this again, what part do you use for the brown wall studs?

Are you talking about this piece? 229.jpg? They are found in the modular petshop and a few other older sets.