I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Sorry Kayne, no wars. Yet.

When the official first leg of the story ends, the guild leaders will move onto other things. It is a lot of extra work (more than anticipated) for each of them and has cut into their ability to build for the guilds.

HOWEVER, this does not mean GoH ends. It just means the forum will be turned over to you guys so you can craft the story and where it goes.

If it makes you feel better (or worse), as your history regulator, I will still be checking in on the regular.

I wonder this:

may the winner of the last challenge decide what will happen with the current king (the real king, not that bastard with a wand in his hands) of Historica?

Edited by DaMaximus

I am willing to step up after the official challenges end and with a few others start a new storyline if we want. I was going to offer this after the final challenge, but might as well drop it now. I can't really always offer prizes for challenges, but could throw some money in the pot.

I would suggest, if we do a "Historica: Book 2" that we do not start it until October, when people start to come back after summer. So in-between the end of "Book 1" and "Book 2," free builds would probably not be scored.

Speaking of scoring, it seems that we have 4 very top-of-the-line builders scoring builds now. I am not a top-of-the-line builder (maybe medium skill?), although I can recognize quality. Still, I rather we have a few top end builders on the judging panel, even if that rotated from challenge to challenge.

I guess what it comes down to is, who is planning on sticking around after the end? And, who can recruit to come back / or be new participants in the next chapter of Historica?

I'm planning on staying pretty active even after Challenge VI, especially if there's more minichallenges (I'll probably even host a couple) :classic:

I'm going to try to stick around as well (though this year will likely be pretty busy), like SK said especially if there are mini-challenges. I doubt I'll do very many builds that are just free-builds (though I might keep up with my story, and I'm all for tying something into any other challenges), but I'd still try to participate as much as I can!

Same here, as long as Mpya Stedor isn't finished, I will surely stick around and contribute :classic:

After it is finished (let's say in 2 years) I will probably have a big backfall :laugh:

But I am also going to be more active in other challenges in the many themes found on EB :classic:

The Nestlands Clans of the Armored Eagle Goddess have yet to see their Goddess' return. There is much I want to do with Cobalt Vale and its surroundings.

But I am also going to be more active in other challenges in the many themes found on EB :classic:

Yeah, I would like that too. I just don't collect anything but Pirates and Castle though!!! Did anyone ever announce what the secret project some of our guild leaders planned on launching next? I think it was like 6 months ago one of them said there was going to be something in another theme that was going to be a huge event like historica.

I´m going to keep building for Benoic and Avalonia after CH 6 is over. I have many ideas in my head that I want to build.

In case none of you have seen, only my very little prologues of my story The Dawn of Ages have been posted (pretty much every GoH build of mine has some story info). I intend to start the story close to the Guild's conquest of Cedrica (at least that's how my story of Ch. VI will be playing out, but to each their own).

I've always been a fan of giving sweeping sagas to Lego themes, my favorite, of course, is Castle. So I thought, why not connect as many Lego stories as possible into one big story? I have kept according to the Bard's Song on the first page of every guild, having lions and the falcons(Lions being the Royal Knights). Also in the previous link, you will learn of the Sword Gems. All of them (excluding Denitor) were taken form the excellent Knights Kingdom (II) game for Gameboy Advance. From thereon will remain a mystery until I deem so.

You may have heard me say several times that the world is a cube called Planet Crux. That is a nod to Lego Universe and expect more from there as well.

In fact, my character, Owlan, is one big reference as well. If you know, keep it quiet for those who don't.

As you can see I'm off to a good start with story connecting, but know that I intend to go years beyond the age of Historica, with many stories coming and going.

In other words, I'll be here for a while. :wink:

Edited by Penkid11

I'm staying. I've lost interest in pirates and don't see myself returning to pirates for a long time. The historic forum is infested with LotR fanboys, which is really lame and annoying. I'm not going there. GoH forever!

Apparently not.

Farewell, Beery... You will be missed.

EDIT: Well I guess there is some hope in "Taking a Break."

Edited by Penkid11

Oh my goodness. First Angeli, now this? What is it about GoH? Come back CBB!

If I am not wrong, CBB already had a warning received a few months ago. Probably his opinion about LoTR-fans was not received very well by them.

It's nothing about GoH, as this is a place where you have the permission for calling other GoH-members "pussies", "wussies", "hippies", "lazy", ... . Just like the ToR, the trashtalking is a part of the game here (note: as long as you are not insulting one specific person!!!).

But outside GoH and the Pirates forum, you do have to watch out what you say.

Both Angeli (with secret information) and CBB (with insulting) burned theirself there...

I can be wrong about this as I am not a moderator :classic:

been busy, now for some replies

Kalphlin is for wussies!

agreed!

I think the only places that aren't sacked in Avalonia are now full of *Hobbits* enjoying mushrooms...

Or mages working with illegal potions... and lemon trees. :laugh:

problem?

By the way, Kai, an example of a wussie would be someone who doesn't have the guts to build for Nocturnus under his own username, if you know what I mean :look:

Whos doing that?

However, Susan Jr. has some explaining to do... (A club of Evil Susans and you didn't invite Mini?)

club of susans? where?

Than Susan Jr. has even more explaining to do...

i fail to see your logic

I'll take MikeyB, Beerbeard, and Legonardo all producing free builds over a single Kalphling making MOCs any day!

yus!

So we ride? Avalonia?

I have a bunch of free builds on the way. Avalonia will stay on top.

hell yeah man!

It's nothing about GoH, as this is a place where you have the permission for calling other GoH-members "pussies", "wussies", "hippies", "lazy", ... . Just like the ToR, the trashtalking is a part of the game here (note: as long as you are not insulting one specific person!!!).

love that part of it, although I fail to see where hippies came in?

Strange stuff happening here ...

Anyway, I really hope that we'll continue writing the story of our world after the last challenge is done. This whole thing has really kicked me into building like never before, and I'd be sad to lose this incentive to build!

I'll still be there afther the challenges, so that meens that there will still be quite a few members of Mitgardia!

As for BB, checking out his posts, it seems the culprit post may have been the one in the historic themes that he made yesterday not this one. He was pretty harsh towards other members.

Which guild would the crown knights fit best in? It's annoying as they're not really a good match for any of them, but they're my biggest army :(

Of course I'll be around still after challenge 6. I have too many incompleted Kaliphlin builds but I may have 6 more free builds up within the month... depends on real life though.

actually most of us use their torsos, it's just that we added different arms to them. So in Mitgardia that would be green, in Avalonia light green and in Kaliphlin dark blue, so I guess it all depends on the number of arms you've got in the given colors. Anyway, Nocturnus is the guild that currently has the fewest builders left, and actuallly, not only monsters live there. Rumor has it that some humans remain despite all the doom ...

Edited by kabel

And as you got many crownies, I guess you do have some skeletons as well? :classic:

So I would advice you to go to Nocturnus as well :classic:

I'm already in Nocturnus XD I was just wondering if I could fit them somewhere in a moc. Might they go well with Vallyrio? And to answer DaMaximus's question, I don't actually have many skellies but i have a lot of trolls >:)