I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

...By the way, Kai, an example of a wussie would be someone who doesn't have the guts to build for Nocturnus under his own username, if you know what I mean :look:

:laugh: Thought it was something like that... :laugh:

Kalphlin is for wussies!

They wear clothes made of the lightest silks, and the most breathable of cottons. Everywhere else is chain mail on bare skin.

Oh look, hostilities start at the end.

Apparently the new Challenge 6 storyline is all about desperately hoping for survivors after Mesodraconem gets razed to ashes and dirt by Revolword. Bad luck Z.

:classic:

Their Lord defeated that house of Baine... after that peace was established in Avalonia. To this day, order still stands!

*sighs*

luckily we still got Mitgardia and Nocturnus as noteworthy tradepartners :laugh:

Ecclesiasties never accepted my Fruitcake offer. We have plenty of leftovers. Great for catapults, and ship anchors. :thumbup:

Hmmm... Gives me an idea for one of the Challenge 6 builds... :devil:

By the way, Kai, an example of a wussie would be someone who doesn't have the guts to build for Nocturnus under his own username, if you know what I mean :look:

Might I remind you that the Elder Susan has a wizard hat under his title, not a star. However, Susan Jr. has some explaining to do... (A club of Evil Susans and you didn't invite Mini?)

Edited by Penkid11

They wear clothes made of the lightest silks, and the most breathable of cottons. Everywhere else is chain mail on bare skin...

See? Chain mail is for wimps! We can survive in silk! :laugh:

BTW, real knights wore leather under their chain mail I believe... :look:

Edited by Kai NRG

Mesodraconem has been pretty trashed by Revolword.

Evilonia does NOT equal ZCerberus, so that is just confusing.

We are hippies in Avalonia for shizzle. But last time I looked at the leader board we were also on top.

Evilonia does NOT equal ZCerberus, so that is just confusing.

Than Susan Jr. has even more explaining to do...

We are hippies in Avalonia for shizzle. But last time I looked at the leader board we were also on top.

As far as I'm concerned, since I got here, the leaderboard has always we've been on pot.

IF Kai as anything to say about it you won't be on top for long. His free builds may single-handedly give us the edge in points when it is all said and done since he produces like 2 a day.

Also, I don't know if wussies is the most "PC" term to use on these boards considering the connotation of the original word that is slightly changed to create that word. I don't really care, but I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for using it.

IF Kai as anything to say about it you won't be on top for long. His free builds may single-handedly give us the edge in points when it is all said and done since he produces like 2 a day...

Thanks, Ska, I haven't quite been keeping up the two a day thing... but I plan on getting some good building time in in February!

Anyway, I would suggest Avalonia watch their back! :devil:

Hello! History Regulator! I doubt I will be scolded for using that term. Plus it is all good natured ribbing right now, let's just keep it MOSTLY civilized.

Getting you Kalphlings worked up is the best thing ever!!

I'll take MikeyB, Beerbeard, and Legonardo all producing free builds over a single Kalphling making MOCs any day!

Though if Kai would like to move over to the champs side, I wouldn't blame him.

...Though if Kai would like to move over to the champs side, I wouldn't blame him.

HeHe... I think I'll stick in the desert. Sure, you guys have been winning ever since I joined, but second isn't bad... plus, we're gaining ground (not fast enough though...).

Hello! History Regulator! I doubt I will be scolded for using that term. Plus it is all good natured ribbing right now, let's just keep it MOSTLY civilized.

Getting you Kalphlings worked up is the best thing ever!!

I'll take MikeyB, Beerbeard, and Legonardo all producing free builds over a single Kalphling making MOCs any day!

Though if Kai would like to move over to the champs side, I wouldn't blame him.

Hey, I am just looking out for you all. It only takes one person to come in, get upset over a semi-sexual slang being thrown around for fun and report a bunch of people who were just joshing with one another. I know you have the regulator status, but that doesn't mean someone won't get upset about it!!! No offense intended, just saying that word choice may want to be reexamined in future beratings of other guilds.

------------

Avalonia has some good builders, but you will not prevail. Lost Vegga has good odds on the competition right now. You can make a lot of money if you successfully pick Nocturnis as a dark horse!

Avalonia has some good builders, but you will not prevail. Lost Vegga has good odds on the competition right now. You can make a lot of money if you successfully pick Nocturnis as a dark horse!

:laugh:

Too bad my "Battle of Mpya Stedor" will only count as one freebuild...

But seriously, if I won't get all the points for that, I gonna kick some hippies in Avalonia :grin:

Nay, Beery. We'll let the dust of the south roll aimlessly.

I actually really need to complement Kai for what he's done since he began. Let's put it this way, before he arrived, Mitgardia was second. I'm not saying that it was just him, its just that the MOC numbers have seriously increased in Kaliphlin. We saw how close the last Challenge was. This challenge's final tally will be the official and possibly final tally of points. If Kaliphlin, or another guild, happens to top Avalonia, so be it.

I do have a question though. Did the GoH Advent Calender grant the MOCer points for their Guild? If I remember right, it was very Kaliphlin, so that would explain some things.

We do need to encourage "smaller" freebuilds in Avalonia, though. The more a bunch of small MOCs within several other larger MOCs we have the better. :tongue:

Whoa, Mini (for one thing, thanks! :blush: ), but I don't think Mitgardia was second when I joined... so I don't really deserve much credit!

As for the Advent calender, all but one were Kaliphlin. :sweet::moar: (It probably did grant points, though I doubt it was the full 50 for each one! - that would have been a bit too cool!)

Actually, it seems to me (looking at the criteria that is listed... well, I don't really recall where, but I think it was in front of the MOC index?), the size of the build isn't as important as it's quality; what I'm trying to say is that the stud count of a build is not a factor of the amount of points you get. So really, you would get almost the same amount of points for a well done 8x8 as for a well done 32x32 (maybe not quite even, but pretty close). At least that's what it struck me as... :shrug_oh_well:

Whoa, Mini (for one thing, thanks! :blush: ), but I don't think Mitgardia was second when I joined... so I don't really deserve much credit!

As for the Advent calender, all but one were Kaliphlin. :sweet::moar: (It probably did grant points, though I doubt it was the full 50 for each one! - that would have been a bit too cool!)

Actually, it seems to me (looking at the criteria that is listed... well, I don't really recall where, but I think it was in front of the MOC index?), the size of the build isn't as important as it's quality; what I'm trying to say is that the stud count of a build is not a factor of the amount of points you get. So really, you would get almost the same amount of points for a well done 8x8 as for a well done 32x32 (maybe not quite even, but pretty close). At least that's what it struck me as... :shrug_oh_well:

You're right about the size factor I think, but I also look at it this way: a very good 32x32 should make more points than a very good 8x8 because of the huge difference in time to build bigger.

Mitgardia has been doing quite a few free builds too, especially Ecc, kabel, and myself. I think we'll have gained substantially on Kaliphlin when the free build scores are announced :thumbup:

I have finished the build proper of NOMEA, but still have the set dressing to do. I plan to have a Peregrinus causeway guard vomiting into a barrel, but haven't decided from what yet. Probably the food.

Looks like there's going to be a Kaliphlin mini-challenge, I may do a small scene with two mages.

I also have begun work on Visiting Herbologists, but that may be a late Febuary build.

I also have an LDD build finished, and am just working on the story to go with it.

Plus Challenge VI which should begin with the planned Nestlands Market. I can say this, I have figs to represent all the guilds ready to go.

You're right about the size factor I think, but I also look at it this way: a very good 32x32 should make more points than a very good 8x8 because of the huge difference in time to build bigger...

Yes, you're certainly right; here's more or less what I was trying to say; if you were going to take say 5 hours (assuming you build at what I guess is semi-normal speed), you'd probably be better off doing a 16x16 than a 32x32. In other words, just the fact that you stuck your build on a big baseplate doesn't mean you'll automatically get more points than someone who did a smaller vig. Anyways, basically I meant that just because a build is small, it still can get a good amount of free build points!

Yes, Mitgardia has had quite a few freebuilds recently. But just wait, Kaliphlin seems to have plenty on their way!

Edited by Kai NRG

It would be nice to get a firm deadline on when freebuilds for points will be accepted to.

How firm do you want it? Until April 30th for sure.

WOW! April 30th? That's when the initial story... ends? The Guild Leaders have ideas after the story, right? I'll have the Hall of Discussion up then, if that will bring people back.

Nope, that moment, the Guild leaders step aside. Maybe not all of them.

Probably we will have some new Guildleaders and they can do whatever they want with the global story :classic:

But this big chapter of Historica will end April the 30rd.

Actually I think the guild leaders will still be guild leaders, just,,, well, I kind of thought everything would be the same except no more official challenges or story line and no free-build points (after a while). Lets just hope we get some mixing around and Avalonia doesn't stay on top!

Wow....go to work for a day and Avalonia and Kaliphlin go to war. Victor may have already won!