I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Well, since Z wanted ideas, maybe we could have a thread just for our sig-figs to talk to each other. . . (not that they would actually talk, of course), what I mean is something like talking like we were characters in the Guilds. Then of course we could base MOCs around that. . . ideas?

Well, since Z wanted ideas, maybe we could have a thread just for our sig-figs to talk to each other. . . (not that they would actually talk, of course), what I mean is something like talking like we were characters in the Guilds. Then of course we could base MOCs around that. . . ideas?

I rather like that. I've always thought that having more interaction between our in game charecters would be a good idea.

I have some ideas for builds but my brick count is being eaten up by Challenge V. I also want to do some Varlyrio builds and run a challenge with the fifth guild as well.

other than that I seem to be pretty busy with life right now. things like working around the house is getting in the way with my build time!

Much like the Mafia Roleplay games, except with more leeway, and without paranoid minifigs wanting to kill each other.

It an excellent idea that I would love to participate in.

Much like the Mafia Roleplay games, except with more leeway, and without paranoid minifigs wanting to kill each other.

It an excellent idea that I would love to participate in.

Yeah, something like that. I've noticed that that used to be done a little bit in the Guild threads, but it was harder because there are four different threads plus it got interupted by WIPs, completed builds, etc.

We could call it the "Cedrica Hall of Discussion." I would think that making it a Cedrica thread would imply that all the guilds can be involved.

We could call it the "Cedrica Hall of Discussion." I would think that making it a Cedrica thread would imply that all the guilds can be involved.

Great name. :thumbup: Who ought to have the honor of making it?

Great name. :thumbup: Who ought to have the honor of making it?

One of our excelled leaders or that one Avalonian who denies some sort of "regulation" that he is not currently doing. I would have probably said Angeli, but...

Anyway. I can see this as a small vignette showing his majesty, Draconus, on a fanciful throne before a large table with the FIVE Guild Leaders at his sides. To be honest I could probably pull it off. It would just take some time to get the Bricklink, and custom armor shipments in (unless one of you could kindly ship some spares). I guess I could probably do it, that's if the Guild Leaders allow. I will make it a priority to be completed, as long as they can be patient with the orders.

EDIT: I also need to find out where to get the custom parts for Lord Ssilyrrlith and Dextrus Flagg. Can anyone help?

Edited by Penkid11

EDIT: I also need to find out where to get the custom parts for Lord Ssilyrrlith and Dextrus Flagg. Can anyone help?

If you want to know, Dextrus Flagg's armor and weapon are BrickTW and Brickarms respectively.

The helmet is BrickTW Steel Helmets of Kin Dynasty Chrome Silver: http://shop.bricktw....in-dynasty.html

The shield is actually BrickTW Army Cap of Ching Dynasty Chrome Gold: http://shop.bricktw....ng-dynasty.html

The sword is Brickarms Claymore Chrome: http://www.brickarse...v3claymore.html

gedren_y

Edited by gedren_y

I'm still here. Any ideas to "kick start" the guilds again?

I have the idea's to do it.They can't be public ideas, though. I have much to say about GoH. I won't say it here.

I really wonder what angered you so much, not getting the moc expert badge, is that it?

I have the idea's to do it.They can't be public ideas, though. I have much to say about GoH. I won't say it here.

GOH is lacking without your activity

GOH is lacking without your activity

It really is. The AAG discussions between the three of us must have added a fair few pages to our guilds thread, and every single post was an interesting one. I want to have conversations like that again.

Please share some of your ideas cbb! They are always so lively.

I am mostly busy with challenge 5 now, I don't seem to have as much building time as I hope for.

:classic:

I am guessing there will be some action when CH5 nears, but we were down in guild entries in the last couple of challenges. There is only one main challenge left, but we certainly would like the guilds to continue on.

If you have the magic bullet CBB, let us know. If this isn't the right spot to discuss it, PM me or DC.

I don't like the idea of the challenges finishing. It feels a bit like when you are playing a game, say Skyrim, and you finish the main quest. Sure, there is still lots to do, but I a tad worried that a lack of event will make some people loose interest.

I agree, mind you some time ago it said after CH6 is done GOH will be run by the members, I am pretty sure a few will get together to design more challenges and develop a new story.

I don't like the idea of the challenges finishing. It feels a bit like when you are playing a game, say Skyrim, and you finish the main quest. Sure, there is still lots to do, but I a tad worried that a lack of event will make some people loose interest.

Well the members host a lot of contests themselves, and I think would host even more except for not wanting to interfere with the official challenges. I know I'll probably host some more contests :classic:

Hosting contests with prizes though has to go through a staff member. The final say is from your history Mod.

Hosting contests with prizes though has to go through a staff member. The final say is from your history Mod.

Yeah but I think ISC is fine with them, there hasn't been any problems so far and there have been quite a few contests with prizes.

Though of course permission will have to be requested for all contests anyways.

Edited by soccerkid6

What? Know ye not that the people of Historica be just scattered abroad during the chaos that Victor Revolword has caused? After he has been dealt with, they all shall return.

But seriously, I don't think that there is really any cause to worry. I think the site troubles had a bit to do with the silence here of late as it kind of broke the EB addiction... :laugh: As for me I have lots of ideas just little time. In another month or so I should have a bit more free time again.

IMO there are three reasons why people join GoH and therefore quite a few reasons why they end up leaving.

1. contests- this category most likely sees the greatest drop in members. After participating in one or two challenges it is obvious that unless you are extremely creative and have a fairly large supply of bricks (living near a Lego store with a brick wall helps) you don't have a chance at winning. Possible changes to retain this category is implementing a division and ranking system that would enable members to compete against other members within their skill/brick piece range.

2. contributing to a persistent world- this category would probably see the second greatest drop in members. Due to boredom or lack of Lego bricks to create their vision, some of these members move on to other things. Possible changes to retain this category would be to encourage LDD.

3. improving their building skills- members who join for this reason (note this is the main reason why GoH was started) are the least likely to leave. Possible changes to retain this category would be to have more and varied challenges.

Yes, we could have different leagues - make it run like soccer leagues, with winners moving up, and those scoring the least moving down. I would gladly provide prizes for the second tier. (as long as we are not talking a new series of 6 challenges).

(The following quote is from another thread, but my reply is better suited for this thread)

A bit off topic, but since you brought it up, what do you all do when you hit the 200 free pics limit on Flickr (besides buying the Pro option)? Go to MOCpages or BrickShelf? Use Flickr only for the main images, and put everything else somewhere else? Once you're over 200 images, will links and deep-links to your early images still work? If you remove pics from Flickr, does that help? I'm at 173 on Flickr right now.

I thought free was 200 pics a month or 2 videos? Did it change? Shows how long it has been since I posted many pictures. Not that I can find my password for my original account.

----

Finally.... To the topic that has generally been thrown around the last month. I will stick around for GoH, I have too much tan not to, too many ideas (if I ever get building time), also, I am willing to help direct plot if we need be. I would also help judge entries if we do another round of major challenges - since, I have only had time to do 2 of 4 challenges, that might be a better job for me.

As for getting some fresh blood, I would be willing to write a campaign that was more member v. member - perhaps a new continent has been found and even though the guildmembers are not permitted to fight in Historica, guildies could go to the new continent where it is every man / woman for himself and carve out a personal empire... while paying taxes back to the guilds, of course! I think there are many ways we could go, throwing in new elements and mini-challenges. I do fear that without a major storyline we will see very little new blood.

There should be a new challenge for Varlyrio the new fifth guild shortly. As all contest now have to be approved by staff, It has been approved in principle and just working out the details and should be coming out in a few days!