I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Hmm... the Southern Grassy Dark Chillands sound interesting to me :wink:

Seeing as I have more tan than anything else, and I bought a bunch of PoP on clearance after last Xmas, sign up NiceMarmot for the Southern Deserts!

Maybe I should buy some of those PQ magnet sets on sale and unglue them...

Note to guild leader: I won't have time to do much until after the new year. But can't wait until then!

switching sign-up to Avalonia/the western paradise.

Is this a limited-number-of-slots/join-only-after-receiving-confirmation kind of sign up, or something entirely different?

I really wish we could change the banner colors to Blue and Gold for Mitgardia, the banner colors are alittle too similar to Avalonia...and since crownies are appearing in the north... frozen lands, blue would be a much suitable color...

And, since there's a blue and red banner for the desert lands, where there is the least humans, that makes it hard to use crown knights or lion knights... I just wish there were a redistribution to banner colors because it seems like were being limited and restricted kinda harshly... It is just the Guild colors that are really getting awkward to deal with... They are just too close. To me, It makes more sense to have Blues for the North ...Mountains...cold....

It might just be me but there seems to need more thought in guild colors...

I really wish we could change the banner colors to Blue and Gold for Mitgardia, the banner colors are alittle too similar to Avalonia...and since crownies are appearing in the north... frozen lands, blue would be a much suitable color...

And, since there's a blue and red banner for the desert lands, where there is the least humans, that makes it hard to use crown knights or lion knights... I just wish there were a redistribution to banner colors because it seems like were being limited and restricted kinda harshly... It is just the Guild colors that are really getting awkward to deal with... They are just too close. To me, It makes more sense to have Blues for the North ...Mountains...cold....

It might just be me but there seems to need more thought in guild colors...

LEGO's traditional Factions aren't bound to a single region. There may be a group of Crownies in the North, South, East or West, just as you may find Lions, Falcons, and any other faction in any of the four lands. Also, even though there are fewer humans in the South, it doesn't mean that it's devoid of human inhabitants. Build and have fun with this rather than trying to create rules which restrict your creativity. I think you may be overthinking the whole guild thing.

Another way to think about it might be each guild is kinda like the United Nations.

It's made up of different countries (all the different LEGO Factions). But even though each one has their own flag on their uniforms - they are all under the same banner (UN Baby Blue).

So you could have your Crownies in the Darklands flying their blue flags - but since they're in the Darklands - they would also have the Nocturnus flags.

This way everyone can build whichever faction they want - they just live in each of the different realms which has some unique terrain which you can build in. But don't forget there's also a middle green zone for those that want to build more 'traditional' Castle mocs.

And of course if you want a bit of a challenge you can help build and shape out non LEGO Theme areas in each zone.

Bit clearer? or more confusing? :laugh:

Another way to think about it might be each guild is kinda like the United Nations.

It's made up of different countries (all the different LEGO Factions). But even though each one has their own flag on their uniforms - they are all under the same banner (UN Baby Blue).

So you could have your Crownies in the Darklands flying their blue flags - but since they're in the Darklands - they would also have the Nocturnus flags.

This way everyone can build whichever faction they want - they just live in each of the different realms which has some unique terrain which you can build in. But don't forget there's also a middle green zone for those that want to build more 'traditional' Castle mocs.

And of course if you want a bit of a challenge you can help build and shape out non LEGO Theme areas in each zone.

Bit clearer? or more confusing? :laugh:

Perfectly clear I just think its ugly to have crownies with yellow and green flags... I already started the Orc King of Mitgardia, but I would also like to do a human faction... can I sign up Twice?

Perfectly clear I just think its ugly to have crownies with yellow and green flags... I already started the Orc King of Mitgardia, but I would also like to do a human faction... can I sign up Twice?

Still unhappy with the flags?

If you have crownies exchange the blue arms for green ones and PRESTO! you have a brand new and appealing color scheme

But, useless shields....

Well, I must tell you, when my hordes of the Underworld flow over your lands, you are going to be glad that you have shields of any color, even pink ones :)

And when your soldiers are working as slaves in mines of Rakath, I promise, I will allow them to wear any colors they like ;)

...unless my Drow lords are hunting them in the Kelra Labyrinths, then it is no sport, they would be visible from a mile:)

Well, I must tell you, when my hordes of the Underworld flow over your lands, you are going to be glad that you have shields of any color, even pink ones :)

And when your soldiers are working as slaves in mines of Rakath, I promise, I will allow them to wear any colors they like ;)

...unless my Drow lords are hunting them in the Kelra Labyrinths, then it is no sport, they would be visible from a mile:)

But, King Gorkill is allied with Lord Jesse of the Crown..

6323859535_61384d71eb.jpg6324613018_9d72d69137.jpg

Ah, he who is without a sky over his head speaks. :laugh:

@ O-S-T and all others

Dearest guildsmen, the point of this contest is to find creativity and ingenuity and make us build and think outside of the box. Let's not take it to heart that we can't simply recreate; instead rejoice in the opportunity to innovate! Mixing and matching and trial and error building will be part of this contest and esthetics and ideas will reign supreme at judgement time. If we wanted a generic contest we would have called it the "fantasy era revisited build" The toughest task is to make the limited amounts of Lego factions integrate and work out as one of 4 new armies, and for us to alleviate the burden of the challenge would be a disfavor to all who have already shown a lot of enthusiasm and ideas. We trust in you all, keep working on it and soon you'll be proud of the combinations you come up with! :thumbup:

May I sign up? I don't have much time this week to work on it, but after this week I'm free for quite some time. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Then we shall fight on the pinkness"

I think only a kind of similar response resembling the famous phrase of the spartan would suit to answer that kind of challenge.

Again nice funny comment there. :pir-laugh:

"Then we shall fight on the pinkness"

I think only a kind of similar response resembling the famous phrase of the spartan would suit to answer that kind of challenge.

Challenge Accepted!

The brave soldiers of Kaliphlin Guild fear no one.

Nor do their fear clashes of colour.

6331104540_042dc8c30e.jpg

Challenge Accepted!

6331104540_042dc8c30e.jpg

OMG¡

Withdraw, withdraw¡ :laugh:

As a rule, you can´t beat a tough guy with a pink shield.

To regroup and then the time shall come. :devil:

OMG¡

Withdraw, withdraw¡ :laugh:

As a rule, you can´t beat a tough guy with a pink shield.

To regroup and then the time shall come. :devil:

:) :) :)

Crazy southerners :) I think that we should better be plundering somewhere else.

...because, what if we lose? It is shame enough to be beaten by a human, let alone by a human with funny mustaches and a pink shield :)

There is plenty of room in every guild, we would like to get as many people as we can to participate, so have a read through the different guilds and choose which one you wish to join. You can sign up in one of the threads

Yes please guys, head to your favourite guild and sign up there. We have places for all! I may even the guilds up later if one is lacking in members, so I don't mind if you guys leave the selection up to me.