Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#10: Extra-Curricular Activities

"I'd like diamond at end quest!" :blush: "I become mage (lvl 15)!"

Let's discuss it at the end of the quest. We might find more good stuff...

The barbarian received an incredulous look from Nur. The mage quickly stowed the diamond as the party continued onward.

OOC: I am building these sets in LDD, so I would gladly appreciate if you took extra pictures that you could post at the end so that I could LDD this school for future members to use in quests if wanted.

The party decides to return downstairs, walk back through the emptied hallway to the Entrance Hall, and enter the West Wing through the opposite door.

Immediately they see the person standing still in the middle of the corridor. As the party approaches the figure, it is revealed to be none other than the orcish night guard Jensen.

heroicaquest10-nightguard.jpg

But the night guard does not seem to notice them. Or even move a muscle. His eyes have a glazed stare, his face is distorted in agony, and his skin is cold as stone to touch.

The party comes to the conclusion that Jensen has been petrified. What will the party do now?

Ok, I am now officially scared. :cry_sad: I probably don't even want to know whatever happened to the guard. However, shall we check him to see if he has anything of value?

"This is outrageous! First there were only scribbles on the walls and vandalism, now there are demons and undeads walking in the corridors and snakes that petrifies innocent, hard working night guards."

"I don't want to disgrace Jensens body, but I think we really need his keys to be able to access the Faculty office. So I want to search him."

Nur watched as his questmates attempted to search the guard. "Aye, we need those keys but I don't want to leave him like this. Perhaps there is something else we could do to remedy the situation?"

"Aye, we need those keys but I don't want to leave him like this. Perhaps there is something else we could do to remedy the situation?"

"Aye, good thinking Nur. I will try and use my remedy on Jensen."

Maurice became more and more impressed by the mage and his vast knowledge and observation. Having an experienced hero amongst them had really been proved much useful.

Maurice searches the petrified night guard, and finds a metal ring with a few dozen keys in different shapes and sizes. But he decides against taking it, and instead uses his only remedy on Jensen.

And sure enough, life flows back to the night guard. His distorted face changes into its usual grumpy expression.

"What...? Oh, it's you lot. What happened? I don't quite remember..."

What will the party respond?

Party:

ava-alf.jpg

Alf Gregory
(played by Bricksandparts)

Level 2 Barbarian

Power
: 5

Health
: 9/9

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Greatsword (WP:3), Potion, Venom, Mead, Ice Bomb, Shovel

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 5 Mage
*Lucky*

Power
: 10

Health
: 9/9

Ether
: 7/9

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Sangriste Dagger (WP:5), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Garnet (Earth), Diamond (Light) 3 Potions, 3 Tonics, Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 2 Ranger

Power

Health
: 7/7

Gold

Inventory
: Longbow (WP:3), Potion, Grand Potion, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Bedroll

heroica_maurice02small.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 2 Cleric

Power

Health
: 10/10

Ether
: 5/6

Gold

Inventory
: Steel Mace (WP:3), Potion, Venom, Red Globe (quest item), Half of a Brown Globe (quest item)

"It might be hard to believe but we think you were petrified by a giant snake. We found you all cold and still like a stone and used a remedy on you to bring you back. You don't remember anything from what happened tonight?"

"It might be hard to believe but we think you were petrified by a giant snake. We found you all cold and still like a stone and used a remedy on you to bring you back. You don't remember anything from what happened tonight?"

The grim guard shakes his head.

"Uh, it figures... For over a week now I have ended my shifts with a strange feeling that I have missed something. Also, the nights seemed to go by really fast. It all makes sense now... Except for the part about the giant snake. So, how's your investigation going?"

"We have encountered several spiritual beings who seem to be behind all this mess. Spectres, gargoyles and those sorts of things. It's not safe to walk alone, you should come with us as we search the other rooms."

"We also came upon an old ghost claiming to be the first provost of the Academy, Bohring the Enlightened. He told us of a puzzle protecting something called the Meteor Blade. I believe we must collect a number of globes that belongs to the observatory but are now shattered around the academy to get access to it. We got 1½ so far and know of two more halves. I got a vague idea that this blade might be what we need to destroy the evil that lurks here."

"We have encountered several spiritual beings who seem to be behind all this mess. Spectres, gargoyles and those sorts of things. It's not safe to walk alone, you should come with us as we search the other rooms."

The night guard shrugs.

"Well, I do know these hallways better than any of you, and I'm the one carrying the keys to all the doors. Might as well stick around. Just let me fetch my trusty bat."

JENSEN JOINS THE PARTY!

heroicaquest10-avajensen.jpgJensen (NPC)

Level 5 Night Guard

Power: 9 (12 against rock monsters)

Health: 14/14

Gold: 0

Inventory: Security Bat (WP:4/8 against rock monsters)

heroicaquest10-nightguardrules.jpg

What will the reinforced party do next?

-Search the rooms along the hallway

-Turn right to the Planetarium

-Head straight towards the end of the hallway

-Return to the Entrance Hall

The night guard seemed to know how to use that bat, Maurice observed. Good to have him on the team.

"I think we should search the rooms along this hallway, it wouldn't do any good if we happened to miss an orb or globe."

Maurice's intuition is correct, as their searches net them a black globe as well as two potions.

Party Leader, how will these items be divided?

heroica-blackglobe.jpg1x Black Globe - A dark, polished orb that feels cold to touch (quest item).

heroica-potion.jpgheroica-potion.jpg2x Potion - Restores 10 health to the target.

Alf and Erdathcath finished searching the last room while Ratibor, Jensen and En Sabah Nur stood by the door. "Jensen, how does one train to become a Night Guard? It is a noble profession and provides steady income. Regular working hours beat the unpredictable lifestyle of adventuring, don't you think? Plenty of time to spend with one's family too." Nur looked to the door leading to the second floor. "I've often thought of finding a mate with a big backside and matching bosum..."The mage shook his head and rubbed his eyes as if clearing his mind of a dream. He turned to see strange looks on his companions' faces.

"Jensen, how does one train to become a Night Guard? It is a noble profession and provides steady income. Regular working hours beat the unpredictable lifestyle of adventuring, don't you think? Plenty of time to spend with one's family too."

Jensen snorted.

"Noble? When I finish my shift, I creep back into my hole to sleep, and when I wake up, I'm off to work again. On weekends I just hang around at the Merry Mermaid, splurging my salary on dwarven ale. If you want my job that bad, you can have it."

Where will the party go next?

"Aha, another globe!"

"I will take care of that one too I think. Alf and Nur gets a potion each."

Maurice heard the mage inquire the night guard about his work. Sure, you could serve the town as a guard but it was at Heroica you could really make a difference. Even though he was at his first quest, Maurice felt that it was there he belonged.

"I say we continue to the end of the hallway and find the stairs up to the next floor."

"I say we continue to the end of the hallway and find the stairs up to the next floor."

The party proceeds to the end of the corridor. There are six armours standing on podiums along the wall, and the party will have to walk between them to reach the door that leads to the staircase.

heroicaquest10-armourgallery.jpg

Knowing well that strange things have taken place within the academy that night, will the party dare to walk past the armours?

OOC: I am gone till monday. If we find monsters or enemies I'll attack with my bow from the back row.

Seeya.

OOC: Me too. That's wierd anyways seeya later.

"got feeling this is trap."