Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

"Well, well, well. What have we got here? Why don't you chaps, just lower yer weapons and surrender peaceably and I won't have this Fenarian turn you into popsicles... No?... Alright then," Skrall aimed his crossbow at the Bandit (Axe) from the back row, "perhaps a little persuasion is in order. Namyrra, I'd rather have you target the chap with the staff along with Althior, if all goes well we won't have to deal with him or his creatures next round. He's less likely to summon something if we keep attacks against him at a minimum. Everyone else, feel free to start flingin' some of yer spells from the back row at this other thug, except Dyric. I think that axeman has an appointment up close and personal with yer longsword!"

Battle Order:

Althior

Namyrra

Skrall

Dyric

Bob

Arasmyth

Right. We wouldn't want him to be late now, would we?

I attack the Bandit (Axe) from the Front Row with my Longsword.

"Since he shan't be able to defeat me in a single hit, and my Wind magic isn't effective, I'll attack Bandit (Axe) from the front row!"

" Namyrra, I'd rather have you target the chap with the staff along with Althior, if all goes well we won't have to deal with him or his creatures next round. He's less likely to summon something if we keep attacks against him at a minimum."

"Good point! I shall cast a Darkness spell at Bandit (staff) from the Back row instead!"

Results of round one of the battle with the Bandits:

Althior vs. Bandit (Staff) - Hit

Namyrra vs. Bandit (Staff) - Critical Hit

Skrall vs. Bandit (Axe) - Critical Hit

Dyric vs. Bandit (Axe) - Miss

Bob vs. Bandit (Axe) - Shield

Arasmyth vs. Bandit (Axe) - Hit

Althior hits the Bandit with his spell causing 34 damage. Namyrra casts darkness too and lands a critical hit for 36 damage killing him! Skrall lets loose a bolt and it strikes him in the leg causing 18 damage. Dyric lunges with his sword but the bandit jumps nimbly out of the way and he misses. Bob tries to hit him with his staff but causes a shield for 6 damage. Arasmyth swings his staff and hits the bandit for 6 damage.

Enemies:

Bandit (Axe)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 4

Health: 10/40

Special: Stun – The target loses their next turn.

Drops: 70 gold

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 6 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 12 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 11/11

Gold: 3

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 Mage

Power: 17

Health: 12/16

Ether: 14/16

Gold: 248

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 3 Mage

Power: 6

Health: 7/7

Ether: 6/7

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 3 Mage

Health: 7/7

Ether: 7/7

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 3 Rogue

Health: 9/9

Gold: 13

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 8 Mage

Power: 13

Health: 12/12

Ether: 10/12

Gold: 25

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

"Okay, let's finish this idiot. I will cast a Darkness spell from the Back Row at Bandit (axe)."

"Alright, let us finish this. Take him down however you all please."

Skrall loaded another quarrel hoping that it would be his last and proceeded to target the bandit (axe) from the back row.

Battle Order:

Skrall

Althior

Namyrra

Dyric

Arasmyth

Bob

OOC: Since there's just one foe with low health, shouldn't the round be played automatically?

IC: Arasmyth swung his staff from the back row at the remaining enemy.

OOC: Since there's just one foe with low health, shouldn't the round be played automatically?

QM Note: Not if someone wants to use magic or not use magic. :wink:

Namyrra gently nudged Bob the elf to see if he was still awake or if he'd fallen asleep. (OOC: it's been more than 24 hours..)

Results of round two of the battle with the Bandits:

Skrall vs. Bandit (Axe) - Critical Hit

Althior vs. Bandit (Axe) - Hit

Namyrra vs. Bandit (Axe) - Hit

Dyric vs. Bandit (Axe) - Critical Hit

Arasmyth vs. Bandit (Axe) - Damage

Bob vs. Bandit (Axe) - Critical Hit

Skrall loads a bolt and lets fly at the remaining bandit landing a Critical hit killing him and ending the battle!

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes gain one Level of experience, so update your signatures accordingly. The enemys drop 120 gold and an important paper.

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Level 7 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 13 (+4 against beasts)

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage

Gold: 248

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Power: 7

Health: 8/8

Ether: 7/8

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

Ether: 8/8

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

Health: 10/10

Gold: 13

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14

Health: 13/13

Ether: 11/13

Gold: 25

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-sixcoins.jpg120 Gold

Important paper

All of you, state any actions you wish to perform at this spot before the party moves on.

"Well, that was also easy. Now, I think we should check that paper before moving on. And I expect there to be nothing interesting here, or is there anything of interest here?" Namyrra looked at the woods and the ground while waiting for the others to decide what to do next.

Namyrra Uq (played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 13

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect)

OOC: you got my power wrong, it's 14 now (9+5). :wink:

"Well, that was also easy. Now, I think we should check that paper before moving on. And I expect there to be nothing interesting here, or is there anything of interest here?" Namyrra looked at the woods and the ground while waiting for the others to decide what to do next.

There's nothing of interest to be seen.

I look for keys.

There aren't any keys laying around.

OOC: you got my power wrong, it's 14 now (9+5). :wink:

OOC: Isn't my power 7 now? 6+1?

QM Note: You're both right. Fixed now

There's nothing of interest to be seen.

While waiting for Skrall to decide how to divide the bandits' gold Namyrra sits down and starts to sing a Fenarian song horribly out of tune. (:tongue:)

Althior sat from the battle, exhausted. Finnegan hovered over him in an ominous way. Althior got up, went to the paper, and read it aloud.

The Fenarian's song bringing him out of deep thought, Skrall accordingly divided the goal equally, giving 20 Gold to each party member.

"Nicely done chaps, whoever these trespassers are, they weren't expectin' to become the hunted. Now let's see what's on this slip of parchment, Althior you're a mage, you can read this, right?" Skrall handed the paper over to Althior.

Arasmyth kicks Namyrra to get her to shut up. :laugh:

"Ouch! If you wanted me to stop singing you could have just asked nicely you know. :angry:"

Althior reads the important paper aloud to the group. It says:

"You are to select a team of several strong warriors to infiltrate the Hinkwell grounds. Capture any magical beasts you find in their retched forest. You will be paid 500 gold for each creature. Do not get caught!"

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Level 7 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 13 (+4 against beasts)

Gold: 23

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage

Gold: 268

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Ether: 7/8

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

Ether: 8/8

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

Health: 10/10

Gold: 33

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14

Health: 13/13

Ether: 11/13

Gold: 45

"Hmmm...500 Gold per creature? That would explain why these chaps' coin purses were so loaded. It appears to me, we may have a chance to work both sides of this fence. Since we've been authorized to shoot anything that ain't a pig, perhaps we could do a little trappin' of our own, show up at who ever's financin' this operation, claim the reward for the beasts, and then spring the double cross and trap the trappers? Any thoughts?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"That sounds like an excellent plan to me, Skrall, and we'll earn some extra Gold on the side. Perfect."