CopMike

LEGO® CUUSOO 空想 - Turn your model wishes into reality

From TLG:

Turn your model wishes into reality with LEGO® CUUSOO

LEGO consumers can now give their great ideas directly to the LEGO Group using the LEGO CUUSOO website. Ideas that collect 10,000 supporters could be selected to become part of the toy manufacturers’ product line

BILLUND, Denmark – The LEGO Group announced today that LEGO® CUUSOO, its new international web-based open innovation and crowd sourcing platform, is now available in open beta.

LEGO CUUSOO is an idea collection system that asks the Danish toy manufacturers’ consumers to submit and vote for their favourite ideas for new LEGO products. It can be found at http://lego.cuusoo.com

Ideas that are supported by 10,000 votes have a chance of being selected to become part of the LEGO Group’s product portfolio and sold in LEGO Brand retail stores and the LEGO online shop. Consumers who have their ideas chosen will earn 1% of the total net sales of the product

CUUSOO, which means 'imagination' or sometimes ‘wish’ in Japanese, has been developed with CUUSOO SYSTEM, a subsidiary of Japan-based Elephant Design that has worked with open innovation and crowd sourcing for more than 10 years.

The LEGO Group has worked with CUUSOO since 2008 on a Japanese site that has attracted hundreds of ideas and seen thousands of votes cast by a 20,000-strong community. Now the time has come to test the concept internationally.

The first Japanese product, the Shinkai 6500 submersible, went on sale in Japan in February 2011. The next Japanese LEGO CUUSOO model will be the Hayabusa unmanned spacecraft launched in the first quarter of next year.

“Our fans and consumers have proved time after time that they have great ideas that can lead to products,” said Paal Smith-Meyer, head of the LEGO New Business Group.

“We have worked with our consumers in the past and continue to do so, for example in the LEGO Architecture series, which we developed with an architect and LEGO fan. LEGO CUUSOO is an attempt to gather more great ideas while streamlining the way we innovate and become inspired.”

“We see this as an investment in the future rather than for immediate sales gain. We are moving from a local Japanese pilot to see if the model is sustainable. We were pleased with the initial results, but we need to see how it will perform on a global platform with global distribution,” he added.

More info about CUUSOO:

Products so far:

21100-1.jpg?2

21101-1.jpg?1

21102-1.jpg?1

21103-1.jpg?1

gallery_148_263_119977.jpg

Is this the new name of project Octopus?

No, Cuusoo's been around longer than Octopus. The Japanese version of the site is fully operational, while the beta version of the international LEGO Cuusoo has been up for a while (here's their Facebook page, which was started early this year). Octopus is still in closed beta.

"Q.What should I do if I want a discontinued product reprinted?

"A. Discontinued LEGO® products are listed on LEGO® CUUSOO. If you would like something reprinted, then simply create a wish based on that product. If it gathers 1000 supporters, then LEGO® will consider remaking it."

"Q.What is the process to get a discountinued product reprinted?

"A. Same as a regular new Wish. Create a Wish based on the discontinued product, gather 1000 supporters, once LEGO® verfied its legal and technical feasibility, it goes into the "Reservation" stage. Once it gathers enough reservactions, LEGO® can start production and sales."

Link

If it is truth, we can request to re-produce 6399 Monorail train? Really?

I registered a couple days ago and there are a great many interesting ideas to be found already, ranging from single pieces to entire new themes (e.g. One Piece). It's an admireable move of TLC to go this route, as I'm sure it will, over time, greatly increase the diversity off their entire line-up.

And see, I ran across this the first time right smacking' before it went global - some guy was saying "please vote for me so lego will make this" and I just thought "poor gullible starry-eyed bloke, that doesn't happen" (And I'd seen the Shinkai but I guess I hadn't paid attention to it's origins)

Anyway, enjoying my humble pie. Who's up for modernized space theme recreations?

I also participe with my lego technic helicopter :

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47120&view=findpost&p=1086739

CopterByNico71.jpg

(with functionnal rotor and tail rotor, with 2-axis joystick on the main rotor).

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/704

As The Cuusoo product will be sold only in Japan (10000 units), I plan to sell my own product in europe, and I have started pre-order for France.

There are hundred of good project, it is difficult to choose but also difficult to reach 10,000 supporters !

I registered a couple days ago and there are a great many interesting ideas to be found already, ranging from single pieces to entire new themes (e.g. One Piece). It's an admireable move of TLC to go this route, as I'm sure it will, over time, greatly increase the diversity off their entire line-up.

How are you finding these anyway? I can't find any sort of comprehensive browsing feature..

WE WANT BIONICLE BACK!!!

My link

If you want also, you will have to vote!!! We need 10 thousends of votes! I. Want. Bio. Back.

*facepalm* What gives you the impression that Cuusoo exists for asking for a full theme to return? Introducing a new theme takes lots of market research and planning-- far beyond what's needed for introducing a single set. I think the best you could hope for with a BIONICLE proposal through Cuusoo is a modernized tribute to the theme's legacy.

Oh wait. Already been done. Could be done better, perhaps. But probably not through Cuusoo.

This isn't even getting into how obnoxious I feel it is that so many BIONICLE fans have refused to move on, or have acted spiteful towards TLG and towards any other themes TLG introduces that aren't BIONICLE. It's hard to read the comments on that Cuusoo proposal without cringing. I loved BIONICLE, I would like more tributes to it in today's sets as well, but I can't yet bring myself to vote for that initiative if it means aligning myself with that group of fans. As I said on Cuusoo, I don't want to be a part of a group that lacked the strength to say goodbye.

I am fully agreed with Aanchir.

Also I must note that the most of Bionicle lovers that want it back so bad are from Russia, from which myself too. Our tempered young fans are soooooooo sad about Bionicle closing that they are taking out on poor Hero Factory. =\ That's why I left RusBionicle community about a year ago.

As for CUUSOO, I am there as CrashSanders and I am glad that I has a chance to release my dreams, at last.

If our LEGO fans continue to upload the pictures into LEGO CUUSOO, will it become another Brickshelf?

LEGO CUUSOO allows member to vote the favourite model, but Brickshelf is just a platform to share the ideas.

Oh.... Nokia vs iPhone >> Brickshelf vs LEGO CUUSOO

Edited by weelean

I just checked in and voted for this little beauty:

thumb640x360.jpg

Follow my signature!

How are you finding these anyway? I can't find any sort of comprehensive browsing feature..

That's true, browsing the site is quite difficult. For now the best way seems to be clicking 'discover', then on 'New projects' and afterwards clicking 'view more' at the bottom of the page. This way you at least get to see the most recent ideas.

Aside from your own activity I haven't found out how to check older ones, but since it's still only a Beta I hope that it'll improve a lot over time, especially in accessibility.

Ugh. People are abusing this fantastic feature to beg for old models back. I put up a Jabba's Palace. Redone and all, though. Still working on the LDD model for the picture.

Ugh. People are abusing this fantastic feature to beg for old models back.

I wouldn't call it abusing anything, but, that is a matter of opinion. If 10,000 people support the idea, it would tell Lego there is a demand for it. Secondary market prices should be enough for that, IMO! Personally, what AFOL wouldn't jump at the chance to own 5571, again. The re-release would have new grays. So Bricklink price shouldn't be affected too much. Plus a re-release could support new hinge styles.

Besides, Disney, does this all the time. They put a movie it the "vault" and release it again 10 years later. The Lion King is out now.

And re-releasing sets is nothing new to Lego they have done it in the past.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75