Sign in to follow this  
MikeHaggarKJ

Merchant ship MOC

thindexedgif.gif 108B

Hello there classic-pirates.com!

I recently got into the project of building together my childhood lego. After spending way to much time doing so (my parents really spoiled me and my siblings with our favoirite toys, LEGO =P) i'm more or less done, although I have a bunch of pieces left for some reason (mostly from impulse sets I think, but I must've forgotten lots of bigger ones aswell, since there's lots of lego left), I'm still hungry for more stuff to build... So I've decided to get into MOCing!

This is my first attempt, not very good, especially compared to the masterpieces you see on this site. The back is also heavily based on the original Imperial Flasgship =P

I built this from the ground up just improvising and stealing ideas from official LEGO sets.

I plan on adding a main sail after I've bought some cloth to cut it up with.

img2122c.jpg

img2121t.jpg

img2127l.jpg

img2130s.jpg

img2131tr.jpg

You can open this part up and see the cargo!

I also built this small ghost ship a while back, unfortunately I pulled it apart because I needed the pieces to build some of the official sets I was putting together. I didn't take proper photos off it before I did, so I only have a few crappy ones from my phone:

20110916144236.jpg

Here's my brickshelf if anyone wants to see more photos!:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MikeHaggarKJ

All types of criticism and advice is greatly appreciated.

I also need general help to get into MOCing. Stuff I should know? Any guides I should read? etc etc... =)

Welcome to Eurobricks! I like you little MOC ship and I actually just ordered an Armada Flagship and can't wait for it! :pir-laugh: By looking at the last picture I see you have some other nice sets :pir-sweet: and I hope we can see more of your collection and MOCs in the future! :pir-wink:

Welcome to Eurobricks (and back to the hobby)! :classic:

Nice ship, we don't see enough merchant ships around here and I'm always a fan of the classic style. I like the colorscheme, although I don't think the yellow figurehead fits the brown/blue. As for MOCcing, I'm not an expert but I say just keep doing it. I'm currently on my 6th try of the same ship, I think it's gotten better and hopefully this one will be completed. :pir-laugh:

Edited by Skipper

I think it looks great too. I am just getting into Legos again too. I will post up some of my creations when I get around to it!

Great little sip! I like how the colour scheme matches throughout. What a nice way to introduce yourself, so welcome to EB :pir-sweet:

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

You've got a pretty decent Moc in your post, great job! I've always thinking of building a solid merchant ship with my limit bricks at hand and your's is definitely a good reference.

I like the white hull from 6280 and IMHO it's the best ship hull ever for a non-military vessel. I've ordered a couple of used 6280 from eBay and will began my Moc right after I receive them.

Hi,

your boat is very well. :thumbup:

I like the blue/white colours and the classic design.

The sails are in good preservation!

Wow, thank for the great feedback guys!

Love this place here, been reading the blog and checking out various MOCs in this forum for a while now.

@ Skipper: You're probably right, the yellow doesn't blend to well :\

Even though many before me have said it: Welcome to Eurobricks! :pir-classic:

As for the MOC: It really has the classic feel of an official set released by TLG. For future reference though the back is called the Stern. Also, the only problem with the cargo access is that you would have to pick up the entire mast to open it, meaning that no one could access it without the help of a crane, which would endanger the structure of the ship. Lol, sorry for the technicality, everyone else already praised it so I figured I should give some constructive criticism. Keep on MOCing! :pir-wink:

~Cpt. Tristan