kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Pretty sure I've said it before, PINK!!!!!

Also, more innovative would be cool. Being as its a FACTORY, I don't see why we shouldn't have more interesting designs, and masks as well. The only mask we ever got in HF was the black Hydraxon mask from VN.

also, more female characters. I really don't like that we only get one female characterper set wave, or none at times.

In regards to builds and appearences, give each hero their own unique build and armor plating. Color, helmet, and armor attachments alone just don't cut it.

I think that what we need for the future is glow-in the dark blue bones (like the mahri/barraki parts) covered with trans-blue cladding. And yes, more female characters. Is there a reason why we haven't seen any female villains since Roodaka but almost every two or so years there's a new female hero (at least, that's how it was in Bionicle)?

Edited by DraikNova

Well yeah, Medium Azure is the proper LEGO name, but not a lot of fans really use that...though I prefer using the lego names to AFOL nomenclature most times, sometimes it just slips out :tongue:

I hope we get at least a set list soon...it furstrates me that most every year we action figrue fans have to wait until last to see the pics/lists of the upcoming sets. It makes sense though. Is this off topic? I supppse it's a little early to open a 2013 Hero Factory topic...perhaps a 2013 wish list until we've got something more concrete?

Well, Bricklink also uses Medium Azure (oddly, LEGO's usual name for the color is "Medium Azur" without an e, though I use the two interchangeably), so it's one of the most reliable names for that color. It's always better to use some standardized naming system with LEGO colors so other people can figure out what colors you're talking about, but it doesn't really make a difference which naming system that is as long as other people can look it up if they become confused. I prefer the official names, but Bricklink names are more commonly used among AFOLs.

These days Bricklink tends to make sure their names for new colors are semi-compatible with the official LEGO names, with some exceptions. For instance, "Medium Nougat" was named "Medium Dark Flesh" on Bricklink to emphasize its connection with Nougat and Light Nougat, which Bricklink calls Flesh and Light Flesh. "Aqua" was named "Light Aqua" on Bricklink since they already have a color named Aqua (the discontinued LEGO color officially called Light Bluish Green). And Spring Yellowish Green was named Yellowish Green on Bricklink since there were no other colors with that name to confuse it with (personally, I was hoping for a name like Bright Light Lime which would be more consistent with their older color names, but the name they settled on isn't really a problem).

I think that what we need for the future is glow-in the dark blue bones (like the mahri/barraki parts) covered with trans-blue cladding. And yes, more female characters. Is there a reason why we haven't seen any female villains since Roodaka but almost every two or so years there's a new female hero (at least, that's how it was in Bionicle)?

Well, I guess it's more important to have female protagonists than female antagonists since your audience (including the periphery demographics that fall outside your target audience) is meant to identify with the protagonists more than the antagonists. It'd be great to have more female protagonists and antagonists, but it's understandable that when there are so few female characters whatsoever they choose to cast those female characters as "good guys" to further strengthen the theme's appeal with girls.

The glow-in-the-dark blue color might look somewhat different if it were released today since the original Barraki parts in that color were a blend of Transparent Blue and Phosphorescent Green, the latter of which has been discontinued and replaced with the new Glow White which appears in Monster Fighters. Glow White isn't nearly as transparent as Phosphorescent Green usually was so it might not blend as smoothly.

But with that said, more glow-in-the-dark parts would be great in Hero Factory. I wonder if we might ever see glow-in-the-dark Hero Cores. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have objected to the standard white cores we had this year if they glowed (and did so clearly enough that you could still make out the "H"-shaped detail).

I'm totally with Aanchir on the glowing hero cores.

I'd also like to see more pieces in medium azure. Same goes for bright green (that was the name of Green Lantern's green, right?).

I want glowing heads. The Piraka's radioactive teeth were the closest we ever got, even though the Inika heads were originally meant to be GitD.

But I'd settle for more solid-color heads, preferably ones that actually look like entire heads. Transparent eyes are cool but when it's the entire head it tends to look odd, at least to me.

If two-parts+ heads ever come back I will be very happy.

I want glowing heads. The Piraka's radioactive teeth were the closest we ever got, even though the Inika heads were originally meant to be GitD.

But I'd settle for more solid-color heads, preferably ones that actually look like entire heads. Transparent eyes are cool but when it's the entire head it tends to look odd, at least to me.

If two-parts+ heads ever come back I will be very happy.

The thought of radioactive teeth is kind of scary, if you think about it. :hmpf:

I agree so much about GiTD Hero Cores. That would be simply fantastic. :cry_happy:

I agree about the two-part heads, too, if only for the sake of nostalgia. :tongue:

-Gata signoff.png

That's the reason I liked the 2.0 style; they were customisable, they looked authentic (well, authentic meaning they actually looked like mass-produced robots) and they managed to look unique because of the color-gear-combinations, meaning that you could make more MOCs with one piece, which made it easier to make MOCs without them looking like revamps.

Edited by DraikNova

Over a week since somebody posted here? Hah.

Anyhow, got the LEGO mag today. Cool two-page spread with Stormer and Speeda Demon. Not terribly interesting, but fun to look at.

It's weird how the price of HF has fluctuated in the Netherlands; The medium-size sets (like Core Hunter) are now one euro cheaper than they used to be, but the smaller ones (like XT4, who I just got) are one euro more expensive.

Breakout Wave 2 is pretty awesome. XT4 is somehow... weird, but Nex, Bulk and Stringer are looking cool.

Voltix is übersuperhybercyber awesome with his lightning things and that stuff!

But Speeda Demon, he is... Well, he is probably most coolest Hero Factory bad guy ever. Actually, in hole series, only one who can beat him, is Stormer XL.

That's why they probably put 'em battling together :tongue:

I'm collecting those guys.

From this wave I have Nex, Stringer, XT4 and soon Voltix.

Cool :sweet:

Actually, I got XT4, and he's pretty darn awesome. Using his new small torso, a regular torso with the wide shoulders and the connector released in Drilldozer you could make a 12-armed villain! And I must say that Voltix and SD are two of LEGO's coolest sets of all time.

I have all wave 2 sets ( except SD,it's not released yet in Belgium. ),and I gotta say,I like Stringer and Bulk the most of the heroes!

Stormer is quite cool,but his sword is just way to short!

Nex...I just don't like him that much...

Of all villains,I prefer Core Hunter!

Even though his arms are short.

Voltix is quite cool,especially the purple pieces/electricity pieces!

XT4 isn't that nice imo,I like the idea,and I love the torso,buit the red laser beam thing always gets off,and that's really annoying,also,you can't turn the head...

Anyways,that's my opinion about wave 2.

Heh, it's been a while since I last posted here. I didn't even update my progress bar, despite the fact I got my last 2 sets almost a month ago.

So I'm halfway through the Summer line, Bulk, XT4, Nex and SD are missing. Really happy with the ones I own, aside for some minor issues. I'm going to a large mall Sunday, I'm thinking of getting XT4..

Can't believe we're getting the first 2013 pics in about 2 weeks lol. This year passed by quick, but I'm excited for them.

Heh, it's been a while since I last posted here. I didn't even update my progress bar, despite the fact I got my last 2 sets almost a month ago.

So I'm halfway through the Summer line, Bulk, XT4, Nex and SD are missing. Really happy with the ones I own, aside for some minor issues. I'm going to a large mall Sunday, I'm thinking of getting XT4..

Can't believe we're getting the first 2013 pics in about 2 weeks lol. This year passed by quick, but I'm excited for them.

How do you know we're gonna see pictures of the upcoming sets so early, is there anywhere I can find information on this? :oh3:

How do you know we're gonna see pictures of the upcoming sets so early, is there anywhere I can find information on this? :oh3:

Two weeks from now is about the time pictures for the upcoming wave appeared last year.

-Gata signoff.png

Pretty much, I'm basing my guess on past years. Upcoming year set pics always come out around September/October, didn't 2009 pics leak around the end of August?

When did the Winter 2012 set list appear?

Edited by Shakar

Honestly, why do so many people dislike XT4? Sure, he has his faults, but for a cheap set, introducing a new torso piece and using a lot of bone pieces, he's quite acceptable in my opinion. Actually, I think he pulls off the style he has perfectly.

Honestly, why do so many people dislike XT4? Sure, he has his faults, but for a cheap set, introducing a new torso piece and using a lot of bone pieces, he's quite acceptable in my opinion. Actually, I think he pulls off the style he has perfectly.

Being a former XT4-hater, I wish I can tell you my reason, but I forgot it after seeing images of the new torso piece he comes with.

The torso makes up for any flaws it may have, and the sawblade makes it just plain awesome.

I don't actually think a lot of people hate XT4 anymore. A lot of people just THINK that everybody should hate XT4. Most of the prejudice was abandoned once we got clearer pictures and a better understanding of the set itself.

Anyhow, I'm going to get some summer sets today/tomorrow (finally; I forgot I had a Target giftcard). Which should I get? I'm leaning toward Core Hunter and Bulk, but should I maybe just splurge and get Stormer instead?

I don't actually think a lot of people hate XT4 anymore. A lot of people just THINK that everybody should hate XT4. Most of the prejudice was abandoned once we got clearer pictures and a better understanding of the set itself.

Anyhow, I'm going to get some summer sets today/tomorrow (finally; I forgot I had a Target giftcard). Which should I get? I'm leaning toward Core Hunter and Bulk, but should I maybe just splurge and get Stormer instead?

I'd say Core Hunter and Bulk instead of Stormer; as much as I like Stormer himself I think his XL form isn't as good as it could be whereas Bulk looks pretty cool and Core hunter has a great colour scheme and helmet, though his build is of course a tad generic. Maybe if you're going for build and pieces get Stormer. Cool looking figures to keep and dispay? Bulk and Core Hunter.

Personally, I think you should splurge for Stormer, Dorek.

I was actually surprised at how much I like the set. Yeah, he does kind of look Hulk-like in this set, and the feet may look a little odd, but that's where the disappointment ends for me. The Stormer XL set is great. With those friction joints on singular bones, he's more poseable than any other titan set, and that much more fun. He's got a really solid look to him; and it's fun sending off the drones (or at least to me it is) after villains, or using them as rocket-boosters or something.

Mine's still together, all one piece, save two friction joints I'm using for a project(I think you've seen it; massive black, muscled torso with a glowy core? :wink: ), and I'm still having loads of fun with him.

If I were to suggest otherwise, non-splurgy perhaps, I'd say Core Hunter. :thumbup:

Edited by Cirkit

Haha, all three seem to be the best well-received sets of the line (ignoring Stringer and his sweet gear) so I dunno. Only have so much money at the moment, so my decision will probably be last minute and dependent on the stock they have at the time.

I would go for Core Hunter and either Stringer or Voltix. Both of these combinations (especially CH-Voltix) allow you to get most of the new/recolored parts. Bulk comes with less interesting pieces, but has a lot of old pieces compared to other sets in the summer line.