kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Thornraxx's missing too- I figured I'd put only the humanoids there, since they fit well. It started with BP only, but then it became a 3 men party.

Thornraxx's missing too- I figured I'd put only the humanoids there, since they fit well. It started with BP only, but then it became a 3 men party.

:sceptic: When you put it like that it makes me feel sorry for the bike...

:laugh:.Anyway, this started out an experiment to see how well would Stormer fit on the bike. Given he's going to be slightly shorter than French Phantom, I'm pretty optimistic. I'd argue the main problem is going to be posed by those wiiiide shoulders of his, since they may create trouble when it comes to hold the handlebar. Oh, and those giant feet, forgot about'em. Edited by Shakar

Speaking of "French Phantom", great name btw, how did Mark Hamill go from one movie hero role to doing tons of villains?

Edited by Jetrax99

Speaking of "French Phantom", great name btw, how did Mark Hamill go from one movie hero role to doing tons of villains?

Oh, the irony. I personally think his roles in villain voice acting were mostly better than his role as Luke Skywalker. I always hear his voice for the Joker when I'm reading Batman comics.

I guess Mark Hamil started doing animated villains, because he was typecast as Luke Skywalker.

Beacause Mark Hamill has an amazing voice perfect for villains.

And speaking of "French Phantom", does he really have a French accent? I thought it was at first, but now I'm not sure. I have a hard time identifying accents.

Kalhiki

Beacause Mark Hamill has an amazing voice perfect for villains.

And speaking of "French Phantom", does he really have a French accent? I thought it was at first, but now I'm not sure. I have a hard time identifying accents.

Kalhiki

Because another Joker would be redundant.

Sorry for the double post, but I believe that piece we speculate to be on Stormer XL's leg may also be used to hold the "paw" piece on Core Hunters back. I can provide proof if you wish.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. That seems the best guess, and the most aestetichally pleasing solution.

I initially thought of something like Iron Man's back construction, hoping I'd be wrong since the ball joints sticking out would have been ugly to say the least. But that piece would solve that problem.

So has anyone spotted the Hero Factory "readers" yet in bookstores? Meet the Heroes and Heroes in Action are both supposed to be out.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect. The BIONICLE readers were pretty neat, what with their hand-drawn illustrations, but I don't know if we can expect the same from these. Given the descriptions I wouldn't be surprised if they're just "guide books" that use official LEGO images of the sets and/or screenshots from the TV episode. Either way, though, the cover art at least implies that they would include information and pictures of the summer set characters.

The author, Shari Last, seems from a Google search to be primarily a writer of licensed guide books and sticker books, including several LEGO ones like the Ninjago and Harry Potter Ultimate Sticker Collections, the Ninjago "Brickmaster" book from last year, and the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia (with two additional authors). Even more reason not to expect original storytelling from these, but then again we shouldn't have any shortage of that given the two Hero Factory "Secret Mission" books we're expecting from Greg Farshtey by the end of the year.

So has anyone spotted the Hero Factory "readers" yet in bookstores? Meet the Heroes and Heroes in Action are both supposed to be out.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect. The BIONICLE readers were pretty neat, what with their hand-drawn illustrations, but I don't know if we can expect the same from these. Given the descriptions I wouldn't be surprised if they're just "guide books" that use official LEGO images of the sets and/or screenshots from the TV episode. Either way, though, the cover art at least implies that they would include information and pictures of the summer set characters.

The author, Shari Last, seems from a Google search to be primarily a writer of licensed guide books and sticker books, including several LEGO ones like the Ninjago and Harry Potter Ultimate Sticker Collections, the Ninjago "Brickmaster" book from last year, and the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia (with two additional authors). Even more reason not to expect original storytelling from these, but then again we shouldn't have any shortage of that given the two Hero Factory "Secret Mission" books we're expecting from Greg Farshtey by the end of the year.

I might have. But I'm sure it was a Hero Factory book. I didn't know it was that cheap so I only bought the Brickmaster books which was the only reason I was there. :tongue:

can someone tell what is a brickmaster book or guide

The Brickmaster books are hardcover books that consist of building instructions for several models within a theme and come packaged with 100-300 parts to build those models.

They are unrelated to the LEGO Brickmaster magazine, which was a "premium" magazine subscription TLG offered until last year, which included bonus magazine content and a small polybag set with each issue. Just telling you so that if you hear the word "Brickmaster" you don't assume people are talking about the books (though in this case I was).

A Hero Factory Brickmaster set could be awesome, and might be pretty feasible with the new building system, although chances are it wouldn't have as many parts as System ones since HF shells and torso beams tend to be somewhat large.

It's strange the books aren't out yet :sceptic:

Heroes in Action has a release date 1 st of May and it's 13th already! (at least in Russia)

I'm not so intersted in the first two books, but "Legion of Darkness" and "The Doom Box" sound intersting.

Aren't there any covers for those books yet?