Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Suburbia - Sign Ups

(Banner subject to change--if anyone would like to make a new one I'd love you forever.)

banner.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Lexington, California.

Life in Lexington is quiet, peaceful, and serene. All of the neighbors know each other, and the town is so small that its young population must be bussed out of town to get to school. Yet, the seaside town has a certain appeal to it. There’s the scenic downtown, the beautiful beaches, and the profitable port.

All of the Lexington citizens know each other. With a population of less than two hundred, it is not surprising. The community is tightly knit, with very little arguments. Crime is virtually nonexistent.

However, in the peaceful harmony of the serenity that is suburbia, there is always room for trouble. A catalyst will cause the secrets of Lexington to explode, revealing all sorts of hidden problems and lies. This event will peel away at the suburban town, revealing the rotten seedy core that lies within.

Find out what happens when the peaceful citizens are thrust into an unforgettable event, coupled with lies, adultery, and most of all, murder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this is a Mystery Game, not a Mafia. I'm looking for sixteen players. There will be no more roles added like the last game. I predict the game will run from mid-September to mid-November.

Features:

-A life-point system. (I think I started with one in RSM, but lost track...I won't this time though, I've got a note pad)

-Chapters will be precisely 96 hours long. (I bought a timer), at which point it will be night.

-Actual sets (For those in RSM, there were few sets... :blush: )

-A smaller cast. (Sixteen and sixteen only instead of the twenty-one in RSM)

-NPC's (The problem with RSM is that the entire town left, leaving only like 18 people. This time there will be NPC's that may or may not help you.)

-Better Photography (I hope, I won't have black and white photographs anymore)

As you can see, I believe I learned a lot from hosting Red Scare, and will apply that to Suburbia.

What I need from you:

-Past Mafia/Mystery Experience.

-Are you available during the time specified?

-Your favorite Collectible Minifigure. (From any series)

-Your favorite movie. (This won't help/hurt you, it's just for my benefit)

Signups will be held from now until an unspecified date, so you better sign up fast.

:oh: I've been looking forward to the next Mystery game for ages! :grin:

What I need from you:

-You can find all the relevant mystery/mafia information here. I believe you know how I did in RSM

- I'm free for the couple of next months.

- I've always liked this gentlemen, finding him rather menacing.

tn_col060_jpg.jpg

- Either Love Actually or And Then There Were None

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Thank god, I thought mysteries were done for. Yet it liiiiiives! :thumbup:

Mafia/mystery experience is in my signature.

Yes, I'm available during this time.

Favorite collectable minifigure? Hmm. Probably Spartan, but since I bet everyone's gonna say that, I'll go for Musketeer.

Favorite movie...hmm...probably Lord of the Rings. Or Star Wars. Damn, I can't decide anything.

Ooh! :oh: Those are some pretty flowers! :laugh:

1: None, unless Heroica counts.

2: I'll be going on a 5 day trip in October. I don't know yet if I'll have a connection

3:

tn_col018_jpg.jpg

Since I can never have only one, this guy ranks up there as well.

tn_col009_jpg.jpg

4: So many, but probably Robin Hood: Men in tights. :tongue:

I understand completely if I'm not picked. Will there be reserves in this game?

Very exciting. :excited:

I had a lot of fun doing what little I could as Liebenston in Red Scare, so I'd love to get the chance to play a whole game.

• I won as Town Cop Bridget Darwin in Mafia School: Escape from Isla Paradisa; I lost after replacing Draggy as Communist Framer Inspector Liebenston in Red Scare; I won as Dark One Bananakin Skywalker in The Coming Darkness; and I lost as Town Paranoid Gun Owner Boris in Baritones 3.
  • Absolutely! I might be a little busy next week, but other than that I have nothing planned.
  • S1 Forestman. I love Forestmen. :wub:
  • The Empire Strikes Back, easily. :vader:

Nice. I really need to get back into these games.

1.I have played in RSM, Bloodbrick I, and the Coming darkness (This wasn't a mafia, but it was still a game).

2. Yes, I am available. I'm done with all trips till next year.

3. My favorite is definetly the Hazmat guy from Series 4.

I'd love to play another mystery.

Past experience: Red Scare, Bloodbricks 1, The Forest, Belville, and Baritones 3.

I am available during the time specified.

Favorite Collectible Minifigure: Tough one but I'd say the Gnome. :laugh: Haven't gotten any series 5 yet though, so that may change.

Favorite Movie: Serenity

This looks exiting, but I already gave myself to def's game, I wouldn't feel right half assing either game so I'll have to pass.

Damn.

This looks exiting, but I already gave myself to def's game, I wouldn't feel right half assing either game so I'll have to pass.

It's unlikely you'll be chosen for both, so why not increase your chances getting into any game? :classic:

Damn.

A mystery and a mafia are two different games, as well. It's likely that this game will run past def's game well into the next mafia game.

I'm there.

1. I've been in Eurodina, RSM, and Def's The Coming Darkness, most notably. I've also been in two of Shadow's massacres, and have won one.

2. I have absolutely no life, so no, nothing will conflict.

3. Hm. Tough one. Probably... This guy:

col070.jpg

Because I feel his pain. I've been in exactly his situation, only in a Falcon costume. :tongue:

4. Red Dawn. Great movie, I just love it.

Well, as of today, I fell like I'm too busy with other LEGO commitments. So I'm going to pass up on this game for now. Maybe in a few days if I fell like I can handle this too. I'll be watching the game though!

Hi Bob,

Will you be liaising with def about signups for his game to make sure people are not getting picked for two games simultaneously?

I've not played a full-on mystery game before so I will put my name on for the list :classic:

-Past Mafia/Mystery Experience:

I played in Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives Mafia School and passed. I also played in def's The Coming Darkness Mafstery game with you.

Yep, all holidayed out now. Boo!

It's a tough one, but I am going to say the Elf. I think they nailed that look.

Favourite movie of all time is The Empire Strikes Back. Favourite recent movie is probably Toy Story 3.

I signed up at first, but I think I'll have to sit this one out. I haven't gotten that much Mystery experience and I would hate it if I'd take up a spot and suck at playing the game. I'll just watch this one from the side line.

Edited by badboytje88

What I need from you:

1. Defs the comeing darkenss, did'nt do well in that :blush:

2. yes

3. Elf by far

4 Star wars Empire strikes back

This sounds great bob :thumbup:

Edited by Jedi master Brick

Hey a new mystery. I enjoyed RSM a lot, so I'm going to sign up for this as well.

The plot sounds a bit like Desperate Housewives...or better Fabuland Housewives, to fit the small population. :laugh:

What I need from you:

-Mafia: Eurodina, Bloodbricks, Werewolf, Belville, Baritones 3 (all town, all killed)

Mystery: Red Scare Mafia, which I won, playing communist (as you might remember :wink:)

-Yay. :sweet:

-Gladiator, so far. I love him. Or maybe the legionaire of the upcoming 6th series, if this rumour is true.

-Trainspotting.

This looks really nice, but I don't want to go spreading myself too thin over the next couple of months what with Bloodbrick II and all, so I'll have to pass. Good luck everybody, I'll be watching from the sidelines!

Six spots left, however it would seem that many people are worried that they'd conflict with Bloodbrick II.

Thus, I'll postpone the signup cutoffs until def has published the player list. Those who didn't make it could (if they want) come here.

I signed up at first, but I think I'll have to sit this one out. I haven't gotten that much Mystery experience and I would hate it if I'd take up a spot and suck at playing the game. I'll just watch this one from the side line.

I at first had the same view point as you, but then I thought, I've gotta start somewhere. :wink:

Six spots left, however it would seem that many people are worried that they'd conflict with Bloodbrick II.

Thus, I'll postpone the signup cutoffs until def has published the player list. Those who didn't make it could (if they want) come here.

That seems to be a good option, Bob. I'm sure some people are worried about spreading their gaming time too thin, including myself.

Mmmmm. I love eating rotten apple cores! Sign me up! :devil:

As for past Mafia and mystery XP, you can find mine here (this only includes major games, I've been in both massacres.)

I am indeed free during September and October.

I'm pretty sure my favorite figure is the Kimono Girl, cause she's Sooooo CuUute!

My favorite movie is difficult to say. I just watched Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris and loved it, so, that, I guess. My favorite movie changes with each movie I watch :blush: .

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

You can put me down for one slot. I believe you'll recall I was a pinko commie in Red Scare...

We're still looking for a few more spots. Thanks for signing up, def, even though you have your game to host and all.

Right then. So far, we have 11/16 players. Signups have been open since Wednesday, and there hasn't been a signup in the last 24 hours.

So, I'm in a tough spot here. I'm very close to simply cancelling the game, but I spent a great deal of time on it, about 30 or so hours I'd say. I spent about 12 hours on the sets themselves, making new buildings and whatnot.

I am not sure why there's a lack of interest in the game. I've hosted a rather good mystery before this one, however it could be because very few people (the 11 that signed up) actually like mysteries. I'm rather disappointed actually, but I cannot force people to signup.

If anyone cares, I am willing to hear your thoughts.

Sign in to follow this