Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

Eylau (8 February 1807)

thindexedgif.gif 180D

Hello ! :pir-classic:

So this is my last creation about Napoleonic Wars : The Battle of Eylau :

eylau.jpg

TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

Famous Napoleonic battle that took place within the village of Eylau, Russia. The battle remains one of the bloodiest of the period and ends with Napoleon's victory against the Russian Empire.

I hope you will like it !

Have fun with yours Lego :pir-classic: !

AWESOME creation 'TheBrickAvenger', the burnt out half destroyed building is excellent and it appears to be a last stand by the Russians...ah, but Napoleon gets it in the end (please no singing ABBA) ! :pir_laugh2:

Brick On 'TheBrickAvenger' ! :pir-grin:

Great MOC TheBrickAvenger, they just keep getting better! I love the colors you use, the overall tone represents the cold and defeat very well.

Now I'm just waiting for Jena/Austerlitz. :pir-wink:

please no singing ABBA)!

:devil:

Love the snow on the roof of the church. Does it have an interior? You could do a lot with the interior of a half burned church. Also, how do you do the tails on the french soldiers? Are they tucked in the pants, or a whole piece on the back, cause it looks seamless?

Very nice! I love the fact that it takes place in winter. Too many MOCs like this have that spring or summer look to it. I think it's an excellent build, great job!

Great MOC there! But we need some close-ups of those custom soldiers. :pir-tongue:

On a side note, I'm Polish and today Eylau is located on Polish/Russian border. It's called Bagrationovsk (Багратионовск) in Russian and Iławka in Polish. I've never been there but I once was in a city in Poland located only 30 kilometers from it.

Anyway, expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Hey ! I passed on the page of "Classic-Pirate" and what do I see, my creation blogged :) Thank you, I had not done before because no one had commented and I had said it did not like :/! But ultimately yes ! I was blogged twice and I'm very happy !! :pir-cry_happy:

I added a picture of the church :

egliseeylau.jpg

And a picture of my French coat :

testds.jpg

On a side note, I'm Polish and today Eylau is located on Polish/Russian border. It's called Bagrationovsk (Багратионовск) in Russian and Iławka in Polish. I've never been there but I once was in a city in Poland located only 30 kilometers from it.

I note, I am not an expert in geography! :pir_laugh2:

I have not built for quite some time but expect something in the next week, nothing to do with Napoleon ... I leave you a little preview!http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebrickavenger/6215553522/in/photostream :pir-wink:

Have fun with your Lego :pir-grin: !

AWESOME blue coat soldier and excellent ruin church scene too 'TheBrickAvenger' ! :pir-grin:

Keep them coming and Brick On Fight On ! :pir-wink:

Quite nice! I really like the custom dark blue French uniforms! :pir-wub:

The minifigure posing looks very natural to me. Maybe you could improve on the dead tree a bit, but apart from that it's a very nice battle scene.

Thanks for making this MOC in my honor :-)))

Seriously, I love the burned and damaged effects you added to the building and the surroundings. It brings up the right feeling that goes along with such bloody fights.

(I stumbled on this MOC by accident today and noticed I didn't yet comment, so now I did)