Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Droid Carrier

Hello again. :classic:

Today I'll be sharing quite an old MOC (I made it around Christmas), which is my own take on the Separatist Droid Carrier. I based it mainly on my memory of the latest version in the Battle of Naboo set, as well as making it more to my taste with things such as weapon racks and the sheer amount of droids it can carry.

47.jpg

I put a normal Battle Droid by the craft to give you an idea of the size:

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Now we move onto the 'racks'...

For the Droids:

51.jpg

52.jpg

For their weapons:

53.jpg

I used magnets to 'clip' the Droid rack in place and the stud technique (as used in the second MTT), with lots of tiles, for the weapon rack.

54.jpg

I prefered to use magnets because detaching the rack is much smoother.

56.jpg

Slotting the racks in:

57.jpg58.jpg

The cockpit, complete with controls (unlike both previous versions)! :tongue: You can also see the cannons on either side...

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome, as I intend to improve this model. :classic:

See more here!

Excellent job Jammiedodger. I really like this MOC. The separating droid rack using a magnet, the Separatist colours rather than TF colours, the controls for the pilot, the fact it can carry 24 droids. Megaphone blasters are back! I also like the mix of greys at the front, it provides some detail.

Hello!

I pretty much like this version of the droid carrier! The sliding works nicely, and there are some classic elements which I appreciate: I always liked the original loudhailer/blaster combination and the use of the printed Space Police II slope is great! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Gottal love your moc. Got a feelings of good old time with megaphone blaster, magnet and the color scheme remind me when I first build the Infiltrator. Great moc :thumbup:.

the model looks much better than the 2011 release. I love the magnet connection function for the racks, What ever happened to the Lego magnets? These where fun additions to the playability when they worked, like Jangos Slave 1 cargo pickup. :sweet:

Thanks guys. :classic:

Yes, it holds a total of 24 normal BDs and one Pilot.

Hopefully I can make more of these out of the spare bits I have. :thumbup:

Really good job, I love the color scheme and it's so much better than the official lego version.