Gahrian

Port for Imperial Flagship

hi i'm a new member just as you are and I am so inspired by that port that I was wondering if you could post a topic on how to make such a wonderfull port and what parts you need because I plan to build a large port myself

Okay, what to say......hmm, easy - AWESOME smegging AWESOME 'Gahrian' ! :excited:

First, the rocky outcrop leading up to the semaphore tower - just fantastic designing there. :purrr:

Every building also to the same level of design - very high indeed. :purrr:

And you had to throw Jack into the mix as well......must be looking for some rum ! :iamded_lol:

Excellent work and congrat's on being front paged 'Gahrian'.....so keep on drinking that rum ! :pir-wink:

One word, Amazing! The detail is just mind blowing. You definitely put some time into this. I wish I had the patience and skill to build something so complex. Outstanding job!!

I guess everything has already been said... allthough the comments for improvement are certainly right (I was also puzzled by the cannons), the overall impression is one of shock and awe. To have the possibility and the creativity to make such a gigantic but also detailed and beautiful MOC is just unbelievable.

Great work, hope to see more work from your hand.

B-E-A-Utiful! Totally digging the cobblestone effect for the paths. I wish I had enough space in my place to make something like this for my imperial flagship.

Great job! :thumbup: I especially like the "mountain" behind the ship because of the different slope bricks you used. I also really like the 1x1 circle tiles for the stones on the street. Your attention to details gives the port a very realistic look.

A truly wonderful MOC!

Congratulations on building such a stunner.

It's kind of funny...I found myself getting caught up in 'looking at the details' and I happened to glance over at MY Imperial Flagship...then, after a moment or two, it sunk in just how FREAKIN' HUGE that MOC is! LOL!

Really nice job. :jollyroger:

Amazing, simply amazing. The size of this is great, but the amount of detail is just enormous. I mean, WOW, incredible job on this. You can be proud. :pir_laugh2:

As my first MOC...

I'm a new builder and I struggle to bring the life and vibrancy to the buildings and environment as some of you pro builders in here manage.

Your first MOC? New builder? Forgive me if I say I dont believe you in the slightest. I am very impressed by your work!

Thank you all for the kind words! (And yeay for EB frontpage!)

I've had some questions asked here and on pm that I'll try to answer.

Image without Imperial Flagship:

As requested:

moc2-followups-noship.jpg

About cannons:

Under are the moc cannons I've used. The dark red 9 punder has received some criticism that I in hindsight agree with. Before this feedback I was very pleased with it, but after some research I agree it does not fit the appropriate timespan.

moc2-followup-allcannons.jpg

An image with all guns and a standard LEGO cannon as reference.

The 32 pounder

moc2-followups32pounder-1.jpg

moc2-followups32pounder-2.jpg

moc2-followups32pounder-3.jpg

The first 9 pounder

moc2-followups9pounder-1.jpg

moc2-followups9pounder-2.jpg

moc2-followups9pounder-3.jpg

moc2-followups9pounder-4.jpg

The second 9 pounder

moc2-followups9pounder-b-1.jpg

moc2-followups9pounder-b-2.jpg

About modules:

The MOC is completely modularized. The backrow consists of 4 separate 48x48 baseplates.

The rest of the MOC is on separate 32x32 baseplates.

About the support:

The cliff is not solid, but built on a framework of old castle wall panels as the images below hopefully demonstrates.

It all "grew over time" so there is no great structure. I just added support as the cliffside grew.

moc2-followup-support1.jpg

moc2-followup-support2.jpg

moc2-followup-support3.jpg

About the cliffside:

Some people wondered about the cliffside and the pattern used there, so here are some images

moc2-followups-cliffside1.jpg

moc2-followups-cliffside2.jpg

moc2-followups-cliffside3.jpg

moc2-followups-cliffside4.jpg

And finally one of the inn wall

moc2-followups-inn-1.jpg

And for the record (some people seems to have misunderstood: this is my second/third moc (depending on how you count). I've rephrased the opening line to clear this up.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK!

I've been thinking for a whole day how to reply to this..

But the only thing that keeps coming up is what has been sad a few times before;

Simply amazing, the size, the details, how everything seems to be just wright and fitting just fantastic.

Bart

oh I forgot to say, with your crane, I really feel that it is a believable design and that it does not collapse the moment you hoist something up.

Edited by Bart