Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

as long as they keep the modular series running I dont really care what building they release. A town hall would be a nice addition however.

Amen to that. I just want my modular street to become a modular town!

We have a a modular fire station, how about a modular police station. I'm running really low on bricks and I really need a police station haha :laugh:

We have a a modular fire station, how about a modular police station. I'm running really low on bricks and I really need a police station haha :laugh:

Although that would be nice, I unfortunately highly doubt that; we got a Police Station in 2011 and there's another coming in 2012 (I believe it's already been released in the U.S) :sceptic:

What does everyone think what the details would be like in this Town Hall set, particularly the exterior details and the interior furnishings?

Edited by HighFlyer

Although that would be nice, I unfortunately highly doubt that; we got a Police Station in 2011 and there's another coming in 2012 (I believe it's already been released in the U.S) :sceptic:

What does everyone think what the details would be like in this Town Hall set, particularly the exterior details and the interior furnishings?

Not sure of the makeup itself, maybe something along the lines of the green town hall in the town plan set? I'm hopeful for something like this:

Stowe%20VT%20Town%20Hall_a.jpg

Side note: I'm sure it would include a mayor and town crier mini figs.....

Yes something along those lines would be great; although it would have to be widened to a 48-wide building - this could be a special bigger Modular set, celebrating 5 years of the theme :thumbup:

You guys are brutal. Sorry for stirring up some excitement. I bow before you, all knowing ones.

There's nothing wrong with stirring up some excitement. But if you're saying that you'd rather get excited about nothing, than get the information that might calm down your excitement, I don't follow you. As they say: Facts have a tendency to ruin good stories.

That said, it's pretty obvious that we're all quite anxious to get some information soon. If the release date really is in March, it's not that far away...

Edited by L@go

Not sure of the makeup itself, maybe something along the lines of the green town hall in the town plan set? I'm hopeful for something like this:

Stowe%20VT%20Town%20Hall_a.jpg

Side note: I'm sure it would include a mayor and town crier mini figs.....

This is what i picture seeing when I heard about this set. Plus Nougat is always a bonus.

This is what i picture seeing when I heard about this set. Plus Nougat is always a bonus.

I not only pictured it, but also built it. Long before I saw this photograph, so I was amazed seeing the similarities.

as long as they keep the modular series running I dont really care what building they release. A town hall would be a nice addition however.

I feel the same way, however at the same time, I've seen many lines of toys and such expand out, without really doing some of the things I expected them to do. Lego is a different beast altogether though, I see this line going for a while. I do wish they would release more than one modular a year, but I can understand why they do.

I not only pictured it, but also built it. Long before I saw this photograph, so I was amazed seeing the similarities.

This looks great, although it does look similar to 4954 Model Townhouse

I think that a nougat coloured town hall would be great.

From Star Wars 2012 topic:

Today, I talked to the LEGO Service and got the following information:

10224 Town Hall (not Star Wars, but also exclusive):

Elements: 2766

Release Date: March 2012

Price: 149.99 GBP

Looooooking good :sweet:

That would mean a $199.99 US and a $249.99 Canadian price point. A bit on the pricey side, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what Lego has in mind for the town hall.

Looooooking good :sweet:

Indeed! Significantly higher piece count than the previous buildings raises hopes of a bigger/wider building, as a town hall should be. Which kinda makes the higher price acceptable...

Today, I talked to the LEGO Service and got the following information:

10224 Town Hall (not Star Wars, but also exclusive):

Elements: 2766

Release Date: March 2012

Price: 149.99 GBP

-snip-

greetings Hendrik

Well with the info from Hendrik on the piece count of 2766 this would make it the largest Modular Building to date.

I wander if the set will be 32 wide or actually 48 wide since we did get 2x16 wide version this year, It would be a nice welcome

but I'm guessing at a price from $189.- or €179.- since the UK price £149.99 is already given!

*oh2*

Edited by grogall

With Grand Emporium at £132.99 – assuming that's the regular price –, we might actually hope for 169.99 € (i.e. about 149.99 € * (£149.99/£132.99))...

You do not need one and a half time the amount of bricks of a 32-wide building to make a 48-wide building, since the side walls stay the same. So I assume 2766 bricks is more than enough for a 48 wide building.

This is great news, looks like this has a higher chance of being a 48-wide building. The value is excellent at 5.4p per piece, better than Pet Shop and Grand Emporium :thumbup:

This could be a 5 year anniversary set of the Modular Buildings line :classic:

Well with the info from Hendrik on the piece count of 2766 this would make it the largest Modular Building to date.

I wander if the set will be 32 wide or actually 48 wide since we did get 2x16 wide version this year, It would be a nice welcome

but I'm guessing at a price from $189.- or €179.- since the UK price £149.99 is already given!

*oh2*

Only 7% more pieces than the GG, so I would not get your hopes up. I would very much welcome a non standard width building.

Remember, town halls are quite highly decorated on both the outside as well as the inside especially the use of columns - a tune to the structure from this years big Atlantis set. I wonder if it will be more American inspired or not ? :wink:

Yea, I'm hoping for the Atlantis columns too. I thought the deal with the modular line was that they had to be made with parts from sets currently in production?

It's only a matter of time before we get a modular that's over $149.99 US...The Pet Shop was that price and was smaller compared to the others in both size and piece count...I think if the Town Hall is going to have that many pieces, we are definitely looking at a $200+ set. Which has exciting potential as a set, but not for my bank account... :sceptic:

-Derek

That would mean a $199.99 US and a $249.99 Canadian price point. A bit on the pricey side, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what Lego has in mind for the town hall.

Not so sure on that, traditionally the way retailers seem to get the UK price is not a currency conversion, it's just a blatant replacement of the $ with a £, so I'd not be surprised if it came out at $149.99 US.

It's only a matter of time before we get a modular that's over $149.99 US...The Pet Shop was that price and was smaller compared to the others in both size and piece count...I think if the Town Hall is going to have that many pieces, we are definitely looking at a $200+ set. Which has exciting potential as a set, but not for my bank account... :sceptic:

-Derek

considering people out there will pay $400+ for Green Grocer and insane amounts for Cafe Corner, I'm sure a $200 set will sell

More pieces is more awesome.

I, for one, prematurely welcome Town Hall with its 2766 piece count.

Because I love my LEGO piece count high