Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Just by looking, I would have to say no. Truth be told, I haven't had any contact with the dwarves until coming to Heroica, but I have read a lot about your people, and most male names ended with -ar, -ur, -os, -em and such."

"I am impressed that you have read a lot about us. You are generally right, yes. And it is not a shame that you did not recognize me as grown woman. That happens to many people. That doesn't make it better though."

Amma looks at the Equipment of the elf she is talking to.

"Seeing your scepter and all your gems, I conclude that you are a mage as well? Always nice to meet a fellow theurgist. How did you learn your .... business?"

"Confused I was looking around and saw him; just a small shadow fading in the night. I didn’t recognize what this meant but soon I knew. That little man... I just thought, I mean... after I got on your trail. You look like that thief."

"You saw a shadow. Not me. Please come around!"

update

At Thalion she says: "You are still waiting for an explanation? I already told where I got my gem. I worked hard for it and built a mine only with my hands and my tools. Completely on my own. I do not know, why I did this. It was a feeling. And after I worked for several years in the mountain Mirnock, near my homelands. There I got his piece of an opal.

Some years later, I felt that something had to change. I had heard of the organization of Heroes over here in Eubric and decided to go. I had just passed the mountains of Nathuz and was some miles north of the Draida Bay, on my way to Drandora, where I wanted to go on a ship to Eubric. I camped on a place from where I could see the Draida Bay in the South. And there I noticed her for the first time. And she followed me all the way to Drandora, and now even here. I am not sure what her real intentions are.

Edited by PsyKater

"You saw a shadow. Not me. Please come around!"

"You mean, you didn't come from the north? But then..." Nessa stopped for thinking. "Perhaps I have judged you false... perhaps I didn't. I think I am willing to believe in your story. For now. But I DO NOT trust you, dwarf." She was wondering about her words. She knew that this dwarf had stolen her precious on the one hand, but on the other she was absolutly unsure about what she had to believe.

"Hmm.. you have large ears, why don't you listen then? I already told you my name. :sceptic: I am Stigveladi Kötturin. It'd be nice if you'd remember this name. I had nothing particular against elves until this one did not stop to hunt me. I did not know if I should be amused or scared at first. But I came to the conclusion that she has to have evil things in her mind."

"Oh, excuse me my grumpy dwarf; Oh, I'm wrong, I want to say Lady Kötturin :tongue: , It's a pleasure to meet you"

"You mean, you didn't come from the north? But then..." Nessa stopped for thinking. "Perhaps I have judged you false... perhaps I didn't. I think I am willing to believe in your story. For now. But I DO NOT trust you, dwarf." She was wondering about her words. She knew that this dwarf had stolen her precious on the one hand, but on the other she was absolutly unsure about what she had to believe.

"I think we are reaching the conclusion of this discussion; the last words of Thalion are absolutely right, from a shadow we can't decide anything."

Edited by Wedge09

"Seeing your scepter and all your gems, I conclude that you are a mage as well? Always nice to meet a fellow theurgist. How did you learn your .... business?"

"Thank you for the wider explanation, this picture is coming together." (kind of...)

"Yes, you are correct, I am a mage, and the pleasure of meeting is mine. Since I showed certain affinity towards magic in my youth, I was trained in the Art in the Mage's Academy in my home domain. After graduation I came here to train and master it and by doing so to help the people. How about you, mistress Stigveladi?"

To Thalion: "You are a perfect diplomat. I think without you I wouldn't have come to nothing. Thank you."

Thalion bows slightly, "Thank you for the kind words master Alexander, but I am simply trying to do whats right."

OOC: It feels natural, since Thalion is looking to become a Mystic Knight when the time comes, so he does his best to prepare for it... :wink:

" Just ~a small shadow fading in the night~ is NOT enough to condemn someone for being a thief, and you should know that mistress Nessa. It could just as easily have been a halfling or some other person or a creature of small stature..." Thalion was starting to get impatient with Nessa's attitude. It was not common that such irrationality is shown among the elves, even in the most dire of situations. But he calmed down shortly. Judging by the looks, Nessa was still very young and didn't have the chance to learn to control her emotions especially after such great trauma. So, in a gentler voice he spoke to her, "I am not saying she is or isn't the one who took your gem, for that I do not know. And neither do you for certain. I am simply waiting for her explanation to make up my mind, and you should too. It is far to easy to pass a judgment on someone, and much harder to simply calm and listen to them. But you should still try..."

"I think we are reaching the conclusion of this discussion; the last words of Thalion are absolutely right, from a shadow we can't decide anything."

"I guess you are right", Nessa admitted to Thalion and Alexander. "For now, this dispute may be over. But I will not rest, until everything has been cleared out and my vengeance is fulfilled." By this words Nessa turned away, nodding to both of the elves and passes to a distant table to rest. This fight has cost her a lot of strength. She started to think of all the recent events. Shortly after she fell asleep.

Benji listens to the argument between the dwarf and the elves with fading interest. He had heard plenty of arguments between members of the two races, and it seems that strife had found its way into the halls by some newbies. Benji sighed and started to sleep but then he heard the dwarf say a must curious line, which made him jump up in shock and surprise.

"I am impressed that you have read a lot about us. You are generally right, yes. And it is not a shame that you did not recognize me as grown woman. That happens to many people. That doesn't make it better though."

"Wait!? You're a woman!? I could've sworn you were a guy... It was the devilishly handsome beard that tricked me..."

Benji looks around awkwardly and sits back down.

"Sorry if I was rude when we've talked before. I should be more polite to a lady."

Current Sign ups for Sang Des Hommes:

Dreygur (played by Vash the Stampede)

Stigveladi Kötturin "Amma", (played by Psykater)

Thailon Dwinlex (played by –obelix-)

Alexander Vandangant, (played by Wedge09)

Nessa Anárion (played by herJJ)

A Blond haired figure enters the hall from the marketplace. As he pushes open the double doors, Doves fly in as the silhouetted figure enters.

8254018355_75cd0bc198.jpg

Janek of Salmanda (HeinzWilhelm)

72 year old Travelling mage

Level: 1

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Gold: 10

Equipment: Magic stick (Wp3)

Inventory: Potion, Sapphire (Wind)

He spreads his arms, and calls to the heroes; "Hullo everybodys!" He introduces himself in a thick Salmandan accent. "I, Janek of Salmanda. I cross crystal sea to spend fortune,Very much moneys; 10 piece of gold, to become hero in legend through glorious Heroica! Long shall Janek be remembered in thees lands." Janek signs up for quest 55 before returning to chat with the other heroes. He approaches a dwarf arguing with an elf. "Hallo, Meess dwarf, Young elf! May silver tongued Janek help your troubles?"

Edited by HeinzWilhelm

Alexander heard a resonant presentation and when he turned hersefl, he sees a man which to him seems a Viking: "Hello, Janek, I'm Alexander Vandangant, happy to meet you. There are no more problems betwenn the darwf and the Elf, Janek, or at least I hope. It was simply a 'discussion' on the matter of the theft of a gem."

Alexander heard a resonant presentation and when he turned hersefl, he sees a man which to him seems a Viking: "Hello, Janek, I'm Alexander Vandangant, happy to meet you. There are no more problems betwenn the darwf and the Elf, Janek, or at least I hope. It was simply a 'discussion' on the matter of the theft of a gem."

Janek notices the other elves for the first time. "Aaah, meester elf! A theft? I must be wary then!" He notices the elf eying his hat "I see you like hat! Top fashion in Salmanda. Got eet from nord. Barbaric eesn't eet?"

Benji listens to the argument between the dwarf and the elves with fading interest. He had heard plenty of arguments between members of the two races, and it seems that strife had found its way into the halls by some newbies. Benji sighed and started to sleep but then he heard the dwarf say a must curious line, which made him jump up in shock and surprise.

"Wait!? You're a woman!? I could've sworn you were a guy... It was the devilishly handsome beard that tricked me..."

Benji looks around awkwardly and sits back down.

"Sorry if I was rude when we've talked before. I should be more polite to a lady."

"Nice that you notice know. I must say you elves are not that evil an bad. Some if you are really nice. Well, some of you at least try to.", she says with a wink towards Alexander.

A Blond haired figure enters the hall from the marketplace. As he pushes open the double doors, Doves fly in as the silhouetted figure enters.

He spreads his arms, and calls to the heroes; "Hullo everybodys!" He introduces himself in a thick Salmandan accent. "I, Janek of Salmanda. I cross crystal sea to spend fortune,Very much moneys; 10 piece of gold, to become hero in legend through glorious Heroica! Long shall Janek be remembered in thees lands." Janek signs up for quest 55 before returning to chat with the other heroes. He approaches a dwarf arguing with an elf. "Hallo, Meess dwarf, Young elf! May silver tongued Janek help your troubles?"

Hmm, the guys here all seem very self-centered on the first sight. Could it be insecurity?

"Hello there, handsome man. I see that you have come a long way. Are you a mage as well? I see you are carrying a sapphire. What elemental powers can you control with it?"

"Hello there, handsome man. I see that you have come a long way. Are you a mage as well? I see you are carrying a sapphire. What elemental powers can you control with it?"

"Thanks you for compliment! My sheep make much wind cos thees mageek stick make wind for sail! Deed you come Heroica on broomstick?"

Edited by HeinzWilhelm

"You've gotta be joking..." mumbled Atramor, upon hearing the first word or two of the new mage's ridiculous accent.

"Gah!"

Arthur glances up in annoyance at the piercing, nasally voice that echoed through the Hall, reaching even the Arena. He quickly removes his glove, unwraps his hand, and wraps the bandage tightly around his head and ears.

"I owe Hans and Sir Poletad twice over for this rag, it seems..."

Skrall strode back into the hall, a group of newer heroes had settled at one of the tables, so he bid the Thothwick, Arthur, and Benji to another. "Now then, Mr. Thothwick, I don't think I ever got from whence you came, yer experiences prior to our meeting in Dastan and all of that."

He spreads his arms, and calls to the heroes; "Hullo everybodys!" He introduces himself in a thick Salmandan accent. "I, Janek of Salmanda. I cross crystal sea to spend fortune,Very much moneys; 10 piece of gold, to become hero in legend through glorious Heroica! Long shall Janek be remembered in thees lands."

Thalion stood for a moment, trying to comprehend the new hero's accent, for in his travels so far, he has never heard anything like it. (Well, maybe Knife-Tongue...) he thought to himself.

Thalion bowed slightly, "Hello master Janek, it is nice to meet you. My name is Thalion Dwinlas."

Skrall strode back into the hall, a group of newer heroes had settled at one of the tables, so he bid the Thothwick, Arthur, and Benji to another. "Now then, Mr. Thothwick, I don't think I ever got from whence you came, yer experiences prior to our meeting in Dastan and all of that."

Benji yawns. "Hello Skrall. Whats up?"

"Thanks you for compliment! My sheep make much wind cos thees mageek stick make wind for sail! Deed you come Heroica on broomstick?"

"Hah, no. I never got this stick to fly. I don't even want to. I feel much better on the ground. I am no old hag after all." ;)

Thothwick nodded at Hoptet, who was ordering another drink from Scheherazade, gesturing him to join them at their table.

"Well... that's certainly a long tale. Not interesting to all whom hearing it, and few have. One must give you an abridged version. I'm a native from the Mistlands, specifically the Capuchin region, where one was born into - and as such, became a member of - their peerage system. Circumstances came to circumstance, and one left. One came to Eubric, where resided for many years. I left, though in search of what, I know not. I made port in Charis (where I resided for little over a year), then Miranda (proving too close to my motherland, saw me reside there for only several months), then Carthago (one does not approve of too much sand, but I stayed there for a few years), and, eventually, returned to Eubric, following a pen-pal relationship with my cousin, Byblos. He helped me to find Heroica. My first Quest was where I first encountered the dreaded Witch, Wren. Being up against more experienced combatants saw me spending the majority of my Quest incarcerated. I was later tasked by the Ziegfrieds to find a cure for Ms. Ziegfried, matriarch of the Ziegfrieds, who had fallen into a coma. We journey to Salmanda, where we found a child of the Ziegfrieds who had been a stowaway on our boat. In a moment I relieve over and over in my head, we allowed him to travel with us. He fell gravely ill, and a Witch, Baba, tricked us of him. He hasn't been seen since... it was not an entirely wasted journey. We had the ingredients necessary to save Ms. Ziegfrieds life, and I met my beau, Hoptet-"

"Hello. I Hoptet. I was Metasimian of Orang Pendek, and was captured from Mistlands by Salmanda-man. I saved by heroes, and became to Eurbic. I no been on Quest yet."

"Soon, Hoptet, soon. We saved him from a Menagerie, not speaking one word of Humanish. I acted as a translator betwixt him and my party. He had decided to return with us to Eurbic, so I taugh him Humanish. We became close on the fortnight-long journey back, and haven't looked back. We as a party lost poor Master Ziegfried, but I got much more. My next Quest also saw me up against Wren, this time thwarting the efforts of her and her ilk in Dastan, as I'm sure you, Mr. Skrall, well know. One then was hired to find a lost boy - with Mr. Carvenhall here - who turned out to be an undead child, who had joined (whether willingly or not) a cult of Zoot worshippers, lead by the reanimated remains of one of the Ziegfrieds, who turned out to be the one responsible for putting the Ziegfieds matriarch in the coma. We fought against her undead minions and a large demon, and, in the end at least, had a relatively successful Quest. Fate allowing, it appears our next Quest will be the defeat of Wren."

Rubbing his throat, Thothwick hailed Scheherazade. "A sherry, please. Thank goodness I only told you chaps the abridged version, or I'd have lost my voice!"

"So, please do tell, what is behind the lives of you three gentlemen, so that we may discuss what is in front of them."

As the doors open and that strange man enters Nessa woke up. She looked at him when he began to speak. She hab heard that kind of speaking never before though she had wandered through a lot of places. Although she was not quiet interested she said to the new one: "Hello Master Janek. May your way be more lucky than mine here in this place." By that she returned to her thoughts.

Benji yawns. The hall had become very sleepy..... zzzzzzzz

Edited by Flare

FINAL Sign ups for Sang Des Hommes:

Thailon Dwinlex (played by –obelix-) *Party Leader*

Dreygur (played by Vash the Stampede)

Stigveladi Kötturin "Amma", (played by Psykater)

Alexander Vandangant, (played by Wedge09)

Nessa Anárion (played by herJJ)

Janek of Salmanda (HeinzWilhelm)

You'll have 24 hours to confirm in the quest thread, then later in the day I will start it.

Amma wakes up in her chair at the fireplace by the noise silence in the Hall. It seems that everybody is asleep. She sees that there is a new notice on the quest board. Ack, I have to go on my first quest with all of these Elves? And with this bummed out young elvish girl as well? Oh great.

She rolls her eyes and leaves the Hall, heading to the marketplace to do some preparation.

Passing in front of the Quest Board, Alexander sees the final sign-up Sang des Hommes and to himself says: "Great, finally I'm in a Quest." Seeing the other quest mate: "Oh, great, we have the scorbutic dwarf, the upset elf, the new with the strange pronunciation, Thalion; I think we are ready for a great quest. :tongue: "

After that Alexander leaves the Hall and heads to the location of his second Quest.