Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

As he returns to the Hall, Arthur encounters De'kra, who had apparently fallen behind on the way to the Library. "There you are, De'kra!" he says, "Hurry, I believe the Quest parties have been chosen." Arthur walks with his friend to the Quest board.

After reading the list of chosen Heroes and scanning the portraits of his fellow Heroes, Arthur locates Barur and Thalion as well and gestures them to his side. "Greetings, fellow Heroes. I wish we had time for proper introductions, but that shall have to wait until we are on the Quest proper, it seems. The hour is late, and there is much still to do. I've drawn up a short list of supplies we may find useful on our Quest. If you can think of anything I have neglected to mention, please don't hesitate to take care of it." He hands out three sheets of parchment to the other Heroes, before pulling De'kra aside. "I have a personal favor to ask of you, my friend," he adds in a whisper. "You remember that Journal I gave you so we could communicate while I was on my first Quest? May I borrow it for a while? It's most important."

Dreyrugr comes back to the hall quite tired. He looks at the quest board and signs up for Quest #52: Tower of Doom.

After Dreyrugr does that he looks around for Erik who owes him a potion.

Dreyrugr comes back to the hall quite tired. He looks at the quest board and signs up for Quest #52: Tower of Doom.

After Dreyrugr does that he looks around for Erik who owes him a potion.

OOC: Vash please check your PMs

Benji walks up to the announcement board and posts a list written in untidy handwriting.

ITEMS FOR SALE OR TRADE:

- Demonic Scissors (WP:13, fire-elemental, damages two enemies in one turn; daggers) - ?? gold

- Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear) - 50? gold SOLD

- 2 Venoms - 3 gold each

- Smoke Bomb - 3 gold

- Lightning Bomb - 7 gold

NEED TO SELL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. MAKE AN OFFER.

If someone wanted to trade instead of paying me with gold, I'm looking for a bow, a shield, or a ruby, sapphire, topaz, or emerald. There now you've got plenty of choices if you want to trade :wink:

Edited by Flare

"De'kra!"

Arthur raced back into the Hall and scooped up his enigmatic friend in an embrace. "It has been far too long since we've spoken. We haven't really had a chance to chat since our bout in the Training Room." Arthur looks up to see his friend's signature on the Quest list for Quest 51. "I hope we can finally Quest together on Quest 51, I have longed to do so for quite some time." Arthur sees Hybros' name there, and begins to feel an unnatural sensation, a sort of "buzzing" in the spirit. A quick survey for the source reveals the imp asleep in a distant corner of the Hall, his gear strewn haphazardly before him. A large, demonic rod lays among it, vibrating its way closer to the Reaper favored by the imp Assassin. "De'kra, weren't you on a Quest with Hybros? What exactly...happened?" As Namyrra walks by, Arthur winces as a different sensation, like a hook through flesh, overtakes him. "Where did you go, what did you find that bears such...resonance?" Arthur shakes his head, and steels his will. Focus...there is power here. I will control it, it will not control me. Arthur straightens, concealing how much the power in the room was affecting him.

OOC: I'll PM you in a little bit with the tricks that make it much easier for me to use Arthur's colored text. :wink:

IC: De'kra heard a voice, before focusing on Arthur. "Sorry," he apologized, "I not feeling too good. I...feel fuzzy. But on quest, we discover powerful arch demon, whose name was Mep...something. Sorry, it hard to focus. Feels easier more I talk though. Anyway, I believe Hydros receive the archdemon's staff. Oh, and there was one of Ziegfried among demon forces and little boy we were sent to rescue was undead. What? Oh sure, here. De'kra produced the journey from his cloak, and handed it over.

Gradually De'kra noticed he was selected to go on the quest, still having trouble focusing. Almost forgetting Arthur, he headed off to the marketplace hoping to find any last minute gear. There was something...missing in his step.

OOC: I will turn my sporadic posting into role playing if it kills me.

Edited by Tanma

Checked

After being unable to find Erik, Dreyrugr sits down at an empty table.

"There you are! Here's your gold."

Benji hands 160 gold to Dreyrugr. (819-160=659 gold remaining)

"There you are! Here's your gold."

Benji hands 160 gold to Dreyrugr. (819-160=659 gold remaining)

"Thanks, here."

Dreyrugr hands over his cowl while accepting the gold.

"I think I need to make a trip to the marketplace."

Tarn approaches the Elven assassin. "I am interested in the Horned Hat, but I only have 58 gold in my purse at this time. Is that an acceptable offer?"

"Hi Tarn, Fabian offered 30 gold for it, which means it is worth around 60. I'll gladly accept 50 gold for the hat."

Edited by Flare

Sarge offers Benji 100 gold for the scissors and my golden handcannon (wp8 lightning) for his demonic scissors.

"The handcannon is tempting but I think that you'll need to add a little more gold to the deal if you want the scissors." Benji says smartly.

"Then it is settled. Thank you for this unique item."

Tarn shakes Benji's hand, drops 50 gold in his palm and takes the Horned Hat.

Tarn now has a measily 8 gold, so calls out to the other heroes who are bustling around the hall making preparations to leave on their own quests:

"I have a lovely Sand Worm Hide here, a stout item of protection (+2 SP) worn on the body, suitable for any class. That strange Fabian person offered me a mere 42 gold for it at the Marketplace, will somebody be interested in it at 75 gold?

"The handcannon is tempting but I think that you'll need to add a little more gold to the deal if you want the scissors." Benji says smartly.

120 gold and a water bomb. If not then I'll replace the water bomb with my longsword (Wp5).

Edited by Skyrimguy

"Then it is settled. Thank you for this unique item."

Tarn shakes Benji's hand, drops 50 gold in his palm and takes the Horned Hat.

"No problem, thanks for the gold! I promise I'll use it well :wink:"

120 gold and a water bomb. If not then I'll replace the water bomb with my longsword (Wp5).

"Let me think about it. How much longer are you in the hall?

"Hrrm. Discrimination against undead, as always."

No problem, Sandy. :tongue:

I scribble my name under Quest 52.

"No problem, thanks for the gold! I promise I'll use it well :wink:"

"Let me think about it. How much longer are you in the hall?

Sarge practically leapt with joy. He liked Benji, He seemed like a cunning lad.

"I'm here until 52 leaves... If I get accepted..."

"I'm here until 52 leaves... If I get accepted..."

"OK then. If I don't get a better offer on it by the time you leave then its yours for the handcannon+gold."

"OK then. If I don't get a better offer on it by the time you leave then its yours for the handcannon+gold."

Sarge sighs, someone was sure to buy them. After all, who couldn't outbid an old man. "Thanks Benji." He replied And walked back to the quest board to see when quest 52 left. After Looking at the date he returned to his room to have a shave and change his hat.

Benji bumps into Guts and puts on a fake sweet smile: "Hello Gutsie, could I please have that 1 gold you promise? Obviously a rich man like you can spare to fulfil his promises."

Guts was sitting at his table, drinking his wine, when he suddenly saw the face of Benji the half elf inches away from himself. Guts raised an eyebrow, and said:

"Sure..."

Terribly slow, Guts reached for his coinpurse, and took out a single coin. He held it up for Benji, and then dropped it on the table before him.

Benji grabs the coin and tartly exclaims: "Thanks Gutsie. Perhaps sometime we will have an opportunity to fight out our differences. In fact... up for a fight? The arena doesn't seem to be in use at the moment."

Edited by Flare

"Sod off, elf. I don't know what your problem with me is, but I could not care less. Unless you are bringing me another bottle, I suggest you get out of my face."

Benji tosses Guts another bottle of some beverage and walks out of the bar.

Edited by Flare

"I have a lovely Sand Worm Hide here, a stout item of protection (+2 SP) worn on the body, suitable for any class. That strange Fabian person offered me a mere 42 gold for it at the Marketplace, will somebody be interested in it at 75 gold?

OOC: It should be noted that the Sand Worm Hide is only wearable for Barbarians, Rogues, and Ranger and their Advanced Classes. :wink:

Seeing that he was not only chosen to go on a Ji Pei quest, but also chosen to be the Party Leader, Hybros began to feel a little nervous. He had never led anyone before, and had only looked out for himself. 'This is a test' he thought. 'The Ji Pei are testing me, and I will prove myself...' At long last, the chance came to earn a reputation with the house. It was finally time to make progress; their technology would be helpful in finding his kind... if they still existed. For now, though, there was hope.

He checked the list to see who he was leading. Namrrya, the Fenarian who was swallowed into another plane of existence, apparently, by the archdemon Mephisto. Cinna, the shy yet valiant female Mystic Knight. Tesni, the brutish woman whom he had met briefly a long time ago. Tarn, someone who he faintly remembered but didn't think he had actually met. And Daggerfall, the quiet and noble knight he would be questing with for the fourth time now. Hybros hoped the team would be up to the task, disappointing the Ji Pei would be fatal.

"Yes pardon me Amma,but I need to be off for the quest" Barur said politely "I'll keep our words to ourselves and hope we see each other soon. You will not regret coming here!" He grinned widely back to her,picked up his things and left trough the big wooden doors of the Hall.