Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"I'm not afraid of you. Here, take the other two coins if you really want them. But know this: if you ever point a crossbow at me again, expect a poisoned knife between your ribs. Don't trifle with me, youngster."

Jess turned back to the Barbarians, a slight smile touching her lips.

"I'm not afraid of you. Here, take the other two coins if you really want them. But know this: if you ever point a crossbow at me again, expect a poisoned knife between your ribs. Don't trifle with me, youngster."

Jess turned back to the Barbarians, a slight smile touching her lips.

Whats with the duplicate post?

*Whoops, sorry for the repeat post, not sure what happened there.

The clamor seems to have intensified since Bartholomew was last here. He reenters in his usual quiet manner.

the board, he notices that although there are many sign-ups for the first two quests, there's not a cleric's name among them.

Ah, finally. :classic: I was beginning to fear there would be no one to heal our wounded.

Not wishing to steal a slot from another hero, Althior Emorith Does not wish to participate in Quest #2 so he scribbles out his name.

Heroes haven't even been selected yet. You can't get picked for more than one Quest, so don't worry too much about taking a slot from someone else.

*Whoops, sorry for the repeat post, not sure what happened there.

Yes, that happened to me today. The site wouldn't load so I clicked "POST" multiple times, but how it duplicated this late is beyond me.

A little black bat crawling on the underside of the roof had gone unnoticed by the denizens of the hall. The mouse-like being suddenly unfurled its membranous wings for the first time in a week. It swooped down over the heads of its onlookers, headed straight for the doors.

The doors of the hall were pushed open as, from between them, a figure emerged. The bat landed nicely on its shoulder and clung to the drab fabric of its grey cape. From the doorway gusted a chill breeze which swept across the hall and caused the figure's cape to billow. The figure was wrapped in grey, green garb which looked as if it had been left hanging, exposed to the elements, for years. Its helmet resembled a large animal skull made of metal, and in the figure's gloved hand rested a staff. The door shut behind him as he strode toward the quest post with a sense of direction hinting that he knew where he was going, even though he'd never been in the hall before. upon arriving, he drew a feather from a concealed bag, and etched his name on the sign-up sheet for Quest 1 and Quest 3. Sylph Solanum

6042410477_89d95f2ace.jpg

(Temporary pic)

Sylph Solanum: Level 1 Cleric

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 4 Health: 9/9 Ether: 5/5 Gold: 10

Inventory: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, remedy

Sylph is EVIL.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Greetings, Sylph Solanum Always good to have another adventurer with you, and we are in need of healers. Well atleast someone should real soon. :hmpf: So you don't know your race? Can you tell us anything? Let us sit down somewhere and talk, take my seat, I shall stand if you want to. :sweet:

"We can sit." Said the gloomily garbed Sylph. Bacari stood up and gestured to his stool, but Sylph had already found another. The two sat down and stared at each other for a bit, before Bacari broke the silence.

"So, what can you tell me about yourself (although I appear to know much about you already) ."

"Well, I can tell you what I know of you."

"I'm intrigued, though you haven't answered my question."

"It would appear that you posses a poisoned crossbow, and a set of morals, neither of which I would enjoy crossing."

"Interesting... It was the bat that told you this, no?"

"Correct again."

"Peculiar, You are a cleric, (I know this about you because I can read your character sheet) Yet you can speak to animals like a ranger? How so?"

"Firstly, I can't speak to animals. Yes, I am not myself a ranger, but my master was, amongst other things. I trained under his wing for a long time, but he died before I learned the ways of the ranger. I can communicate with my companion, but nothing else. my ears are dead to the vaster world around me."

"That's unfortunate."

"Indeed. So tell me more about yourself. I prefer listening anyways."

Lord Boomingham waves a fond farewell to all in the hall. He retires to the inn that he had arranged for himself, calling in a very old favor. On his way out he mutters about useless Orc women.

Cronk decides he wants to sign up for Quest 1 and if that have no room for Cronk, he signs up for Quest 3 also. Second quest seems like too much sneaking and not enough bashing of evil. And Cronk likes bashing evil.

Cronk would like to take time to remind all Cronk's fellow adventurers that not all orcs are evil. Otherwise Cronk would have to bash Cronk's self. And that would be silly thing for Cronk to do. :laugh:

Cronk has had to live with prejudice all of Cronk's life. Prejudice is evil and Cronk try hard to bash it wherever Cronk find it. This kind of bashing Cronk does with words. So please do not prejudge Orc by color of skin or sharpness of teeth. Maybe they want to be your friend, like Cronk.

Thank you for listening to Cronk. Cronk go drink now. Cronk would like a flagon of buttermilk please. Cronk knows friends don't let friends quest drunk.

Cronk go drink now. Cronk would like a flagon of buttermilk please.

Ah, a sensible hero. :sweet:

Cronk knows friends don't let friends quest drunk.

:roflmao:

This was a reference to 'don't drive drunk' commercials, right?

ranger1.jpg

Elgar gligin: Level 1 Ranger

22 years old male human

Power: 4 Health: 6/6 Gold: 10

Inventory: bow and arrow (WP: 3),smoke bomb (1)

I shall sign up for Quest 3 to show my brave in this great hall

I too would Like to sign up.

av-19700.jpg

Luc Aragon, Level 1 Ranger,17 Year Old Human

Power:4 Health:6/6 Gold:10

Inventory: Zen Bow (WP:3) Potion, Smoke Bomb

Luc walks into the bar orders a drink, a glass of milk. Then he goes and sits down on his own. A couple of minutes later, Hybros, an Imp walks towards him.

"Hello. What is your name?" He asks

"Luc Aragon" With that he walks away.

Luc goes to count his gold, then sees all 10 have disappeared. So he angrily storms towards Hybros, rips out his bow and demands" Give me my money now or get this Arrow stuck in your Eye."

Hybros acts innocent. Suddenly, Bacari tells him about Jess. Remembering a female elf brushed past him earlier, she was the prime suspect. He fires two arrows, Either side of her head.

"What did you that for idiot?" She exclaims.

"Give me back my Gold you thieving rat!"

As Luc loads another arrow, she tosses his coin pouch in the air. He catches it and then storms towards the quest list and Signs up for Quests 2 and 3.He then sits next to his fellow Rangers.

Edited by JediAnakin

OOC: Hello there Heroica RPG people! I signed up for EB specifically so I could join in with the fun of this RPG! I used to do a whole bunch of them on BZPower (back in the day) and I’m mainly from Castle-Castle. It looked like too much fun to pass up! I look forward to many adventures (if everyone would be so kind to let me come along for the ride)!

IC: “Ahhhhhhhh!” screamed Ruitath as he flew around the corner. Hired guards were right on his tail as their intimating clanking and feet stomping drowned out all other sound. “Gotta’ find somewhere to hide,” Ruitath franticly worried. His line of thought was immediately interrupted from one of the guards yelling, “You can’t run for forever, maggot!” Ruitath quickly agreed, “So true!”.

6045222094_4d2936e93c_t.jpg

Ruitath Jast - Level 1 Rogue

18 Year Old Male Human

Power: 3 Health: 7/7 Gold: 10

Inventory: 1 Potion, Twin Daggers (meant to count as one weapon), Venom Vial

A young, dashing, bold and daring hero, reckless and looking to make a fast buck. Little does he know what destiny has in store for him...

Running down the street, Ruitath noticed a big stone building on his left that he had never seen before. He felt as if the building was calling him. “As good a place as any!”

He quickly swung open the wooden doors and shut them briskly as he then poked one eye over the small glass opening. The guards came to a stop in the center street peering around for any traces of his sudden vanish. “Where’d he go?” the guards asked themselves. The biggest and burliest one pointed his arms in different directions and they started to scatter.

Ruitath took a big sigh of relief and put his back up against the wall and sank to the floor. “Whew! That sure was a close one…” He pulled out the 10 gold (he had just stolen) out of his pocket. “This should last a-“

Before he could finish that thought he was interrupted by a scruffy looking old orc woman in a strange looking pink blouse. “In a hurry adventurer?” she growled.

“No!”Ruitath blurted out as he shoved his new “found” money into his grubby little pockets. He looked around wondered what a strange place he was in. As he looked down the the hall way that led from the main entrance to a big room with two matching stair cases, he was perplexed at the beauty of the magnificent architecture. He curiously walked down the hallway as the trophies on the wall memorized him. He turned to the woman and asked, ”What is the place? I’m never seen it before.”

“You’re standing in Heroica Hall. When you need an Act of Heroism, We Are at Your Service.” she announced.

“I doubt anyone here would be able to give me service, not unless you can give me a heck-of-a-lot-of gold. That would be a great act of heroism.” Ruitath scoffed sarcastically.

“You like a fit young man, maybe you could be of use to someone and be paid for that! Here, countless heroes and veterans have sought to protect our lands from petty thieves, fiendish brutes, and many monsters. They are regarded in the highest of honor. I guess someone like you won’t know though-”

“Hey! I’ve got some honor…probably…" said Ruitath sheepishly as he re-called his many crimes up to this point. He continued weakly, "I know how to get around places…and really could use some quick cash-“

“This ain’t a get rich quick scheme…be warned…many of our heroes are taken on quests that change them, and that is the greatest reward of all…”

“Ok, well I guess I’ll go and look at the bulletin, thank you ma’m.” as he awkwardly dropped the conversation. The phrase of "change them" rang in his head as it was soon overtaken by all the talk going on upstairs in the tavern. Ruitath wandered over to the center of the room, crossed his arms, and started reading the pieces of parchment.

"A job. This is exactly what I need, but I really need to lay low for a while...what would be a good job for that...?" he weighed in his mind.

Soon he found one that caught his eye. He quickly put his name down on the list for the job entitled: Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares. Despite being a lot of people up for the job, he thought it would be the best one suited for him. It's not out of the city unfortunately, but he'd have to try his best not to get caught with his recent incident.

Edited by Forestboy

"Indeed. So tell me more about yourself. I prefer listening anyways."

I am Bacari, as you know. I came from a town in the Southern Peninsula. The was lots of gangs and all I was looking for was money to survive. A friend showed me fighting tactics and tracking, and soon I learned the tricks of the trade. Soon myself reputation made me a target for other crossbowmen, so I moved. "If I could help myslef, why can't I help others, and get some cash as well." I thought. So here I am.

Eric had spent the entire night at the saloon of the Heroica Hall, sharing stories with his his table companions. He mostly listened to the stories of the others, though. He always did love to hear a good story, but wasn't much of a spokesman himself. He felt extremely tired, and even though it was already late in the afternoon, he decided to get some rest for tonight would most likely be a busy one yet again. Eric bid farewell to Tesni, the female Barbarian. He was not one for politeness and etiquette, but he held her in high esteem, she looked like a great fighter and also didn't seem to be as hot-headed or boastful as many of the other Adventurers. Eric nodded to Jess, the Elven Ranger that also sat at the table and left.

As he went downstairs to the exit, he noticed more people had joined the revelry. He was relieved to see some Clerics amongst them, after all, the other people in Eric's future party might be in need of healing during battle. Eric was a great warrior, but none can last long without the support of the other partymembers.

Eric pushed open the doors, ready to leave the Hall. The minute he stepped outside he heard someone yelling to Jess. He looked back and saw an argument ensuing between a young, red-haired Ranger and first Bacari and later Jess.

"Dåraktiga barn, kommer han att få oss alla dödade," he muttered in his native tongue, greatly annoyed by the display of the hot-headed youngster. With that, the tall, fur-clad Nord left the buidling.

With that, the tall, fur-clad Nord left the buidling.

Io non sono uno a croce, e si dovrebbe sapere che molto presto.

Bacari raised his crossbow and shot at the closed door and it hit the wood with a loud THWAK. If the door wasn't closed, it could have hit the barbarian.

"Always helps to get in some practice whenever possible," he shrugged.

Tesni looked up at the brash newcomer. Eric had left and now this young idiot had appeared. Hefting Cryfyndr she looked him in the eye.

"You ahve an argument here Lowwelp? My friend here may be a rouge but why do you think she stole your gold? Such brash action will not go ignored"

Tesni looked up at the brash newcomer. Eric had left and now this young idiot had appeared. Hefting Cryfyndr she looked him in the eye.

"You ahve an argument here Lowwelp? My friend here may be a rouge but why do you think she stole your gold? Such brash action will not go ignored"

Because she gave it back to me when I asked with a crossbow in my hands.

Because she gave it back to me when I asked with a crossbow in my hands.

"Yes, but the milk drinker has no evidence of this crime. I have been talking with the elven rouge and this little boy has now made trouble.Though it seems purses follow her though a room..."

How could I possibly believe she took my money??? :sarcasm_smug:

"Since you're such a good person, here's the three gold I took from you earlier while you were drinking."

Jess handed the gold over with an impish grin.

Cronk glad ranger think so. Cronk try hard to think things through but thinking always hard for Cronk. Makes Cronk's head have ouchie.

Ranger Docken will be Cronk's friend? Come have buttermilk with Cronk. Is good and warm.

How could I possibly believe she took my money??? :sarcasm_smug:

"Ah well, as rangers will fire arrows, the rouge will gather unwatched gold."

Cronk glad ranger think so. Cronk try hard to think things through but thinking always hard for Cronk. Makes Cronk's head have ouchie.

Ranger Docken will be Cronk's friend? Come have buttermilk with Cronk. Is good and warm.

"Finally some class in these great halls!" Althior says, "Do you mind?" Althior asks, about to take a seat.