Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

So, does anyone want to tackle the option of hosting a quest in December? Or will we have to wait until 2013 before new quests emerge?

Please remember that not all quests need to be part of an epic trilogy or something like that. The players loitering in the Hall would be satisfied with just whacking some enemies or searching for lost treasure/relatives/pets, etc. Your quest can also be about exploring an unknown land, or visiting a distant city. Remember that outside of the Free Islands, you are free to envision any land to your liking.

I would, but I would have to start it on the 15th or later. before then, I wouldn't have the resources. I'm at college, and Legos here are sparse. (I brought with me one minifigure.) :blush: Aside from that, I've really fleshed out the Quest I stated that I wanted to host earlier, and I'd be able to get a write-up for you later today or tommorow. It's not really part of an "epic trilogy," but it does focus on the Nation that I'd feature in some of my later quests (if this one goes well.) I have most of the information on a notebook back in my dorm.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Are those her feet? *huh*

Orcs, Rito, Werepanthers, Sharklings, Demons, and all other matter of humanoids and you think a race with big feet are too far-fetched? :laugh::tongue:

Orcs, Rito, Werepanthers, Sharklings, Demons, and all other matter of humanoids and you think a race with big feet are too far-fetched? :laugh::tongue:

Not far-fetched, just surprising. :laugh:

Funny how nobody even commented on her appearance in-quest... Or is the bigfoot race common in Miranda?

Or is the bigfoot race common in Miranda?

Bigfoot makes more sense than my guess. I thought she was a giant halfing. :look:

Rumble Strike, you didn't count the Fragile effect, I think Corlo should be defeated. It lasts for the rest of the round (I think) and then the next three.

Scuba got there first. :laugh:

Edited by CallMePie

Not far-fetched, just surprising. :laugh:

Funny how nobody even commented on her appearance in-quest... Or is the bigfoot race common in Miranda?

I just figured it were deformities because of her inquisitor/elementalist beingness.

Yeah. She has big rocky feet showing her Earth/Rock heritage. Plus it makes her easier to balace with that giant hammer. Don't you think the torso and the legs go together really well?

Floodgate was actually a character I created for the MMORPG City of Villains. I was really pleased to be able to bring her back in Lego form :classic:

Corlo is not dead. I checked the rules and it clearly states the Fragile effect works from the next round.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Sandy actually answered this a while back, effects work in the same round. See Quest 40, Atramor made some enemies fragile there as well. :thumbup:

Can someone find me a quote to back that up? I can't re-run the round now and won't be able to redo it until about this time tomorrow, is all.

edit: not disputing you, Scuba. I know you QMed Quest #40. Might be another thing to put in the FAQ then.

Edited by Rumble Strike

That was the ruling a while ago (that it came into effect the next round) but it has since changed. Effects come into effect immediately.

I've played it so that they take effect immediately (because again, that's the most logical choice). I do agree that the wording for the effects is misleading, since it says "next three rounds", but the round it is implemented is one of those three.

Corlo is not dead. I checked the rules and it clearly states the Fragile effect works from the next round.

It's been a general consensus that effects are applied immediately, with the exception of Sentinel/Guardian Angel.

Scubadoo got it right:

It works three rounds plus the rest of the round.

This applies to all effects that work for a specific amount of rounds (except the Shield-skills Sentinel and Guardian Angel that only work on the following round).

Oops beaten to it by Sandy.

Thanks guys, stuff like Stun would still be next round though, right? That's how Tarn's sword works.

Also, how immediate is "immediately"? I'd think that Nerwen's hit is normal power, causing the fragile effect, then the others hit at double damage. That's how I'm doing it anyway.

Edited by Rumble Strike

So, does anyone want to tackle the option of hosting a quest in December? Or will we have to wait until 2013 before new quests emerge?

Please remember that not all quests need to be part of an epic trilogy or something like that. The players loitering in the Hall would be satisfied with just whacking some enemies or searching for lost treasure/relatives/pets, etc. Your quest can also be about exploring an unknown land, or visiting a distant city. Remember that outside of the Free Islands, you are free to envision any land to your liking.

I'm working on quest that'll involve several new factions from outside the Free Islands. (I've already made maps of parts of two new continents) I'm helping Flipz with sets for his quest, though, so mine won't be ready any time soon. (and I've only finished half of the plot outline)

If I wasn't hosting a mafia game, I would. I don't think I have the ability to do both. Even multitasking has it's limits. :laugh:

Thanks guys, stuff like Stun would still be next round though, right? That's how Tarn's sword works.

I'd say stun applies to both the current round and the next round, but I don't know if I've always done it that way.

Also, how immediate is "immediately"? I'd think that Nerwen's hit is normal power, causing the fragile effect, then the others hit at double damage. That's how I'm doing it anyway.

You're correct. The strike that causes the fragile-effect does not deal double damage, but the following ones do.

I'm working on quest that'll involve several new factions from outside the Free Islands. (I've already made maps of parts of two new continents)

Ooh! Can I get a sneak peek? :grin:

I'd say stun applies to both the current round and the next round, but I don't know if I've always done it that way.

Then would a Sorcerer's shield skill stun enemies the current or following round?

Ooh! Can I get a sneak peek? :grin:

Of course! I'll show you the maps when I present the quest for approval. I need to finish the outline first, though, so that I know what cities to put on the maps and whether or not I need to adjust the geographic features to fit the story.

Of course Luosh, of all places, would be one of the few places in the world of Heroica to feature such sterile and modern architecture. :grin:

Depending how far along the 48 party is by the end of december, I may be able to send you a pitch for a quest far, far smaller in scale, Sandy. :sweet:

I'll work on it!! :classic: I think Psykater said he wants a newbie quest, so I can make one, it will be part of the Croise story line, but just a little quest for the newer members, :wink: