Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

If Hlin is a captain of the town watch, shouldn't he get some soldiers to command?

If Hlin is a captain of the town watch, shouldn't he get some soldiers to command?

I got a smoke bomb so i can escape with Erik and the maginistra :tongue:

I got a smoke bomb so i can escape with Erik and the maginistra :tongue:

Rogue's get the "flee" ability anyway.

Rogue's get the "flee" ability anyway.

Doesn't work every time though. Ever played Pokemon ?

It's okay to have your own opinion, but how dare you blame us, the QMs, for what you view as annoying by the players. "It was a bad idea to put Arthur and De'kra together..." :hmpf: One, it is not our doing that two players seem to annoy you. And two, we thought it would be cool to crossover quests but from all this complaining it seems like that was a bad idea after all.

Also, this is Heroica RPG. Role-Playing Game. The purpose of the game is to have fun, yes, but not just through battles. I understand if role-playing isn't your thing, but IMHO you shouldn't be singling out players because they choose to do something included in the game. It's very easy to just scroll past walls of text that you don't feel like reading, anyway.

And I have been updating the thread regularly, more often than daily, have I not? I don't think their role-playing is hindering the quest in any way. If you read any mafia game, the day treads are fraught with sexual humor and other posts that you might consider "spammy".

I'd suggest you be a little more open-minded and considerate of how others play the game, but that's just my two cents.

I didn't blame you, I just said putting a certain 2 people together was a poor choice. We all know how much they like to RP. :shrug_confused:

I know it is an RPG, and I do scroll past WOT, but then I have no clue what they are talking about, then I can't join in later if I wanted too, making RP for me harder.

You have been updating daily, thank you. :classic: Roleplaying may not have hindered the quest, but it gets us off track. And yes, Mafia games have "spammy" sexual humor. That's why I don't play Mafia Games, it spams up the game.

I'll be open-minded, but I can RP with others, without WOT, so maybe I just didn't "get" Arthur and De'kra's RP. Maybe they feel they need to explain, and post longer, or maybe have more in-depth stories, that when compared to my simple RP, seems too long.

To Flipz:

Now that you also mention it, I suppose I should've PM'ed you first. Sorry. And when Tanma said naming names would turn this into a blame game, I understand, I don't think it was clear earlier. Sorry! :classic:

Just wondering, who of the Questers from Quest 23 (Pandora, Cornelius, Callmepie, Rufus, if he is still interested) would sign up if I hosted a followup after the Dastan Quests are complete?

Looks like the "roleplaying vs. moving on" issue was solved without me needing to butt in, which is great. :thumbup: Glad to see the community working together like this!

The question still remains, though, Sandy: do you have a designated style in mind for each House or are you just building what looks good? (And make no mistake--it all looks AWESOME! :thumbup: )

As for the Houses building styles: The Shadeaux live in a manor, so I'm thinking haunted manor, Victorian style?

Something like that. I'm somewhat getting a colonial/16 century feel for the Bonapartes, more Renaissance era for the Guild of Invision, and a more Eastern influence for the Ji Pei.

What the others have said is about right. I don't have any specific architectural style for any of the factions, because I want to keep an element of fantasy within the game, but I'd say the different buildings were inspired by certain styles.

Things are going carrots in the Heroica Quests! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Heroica Hall presents: Night of the Lepus.

Just wondering, who of the Questers from Quest 23 (Pandora, Cornelius, Callmepie, Rufus, if he is still interested) would sign up if I hosted a followup after the Dastan Quests are complete?

That depends - how awesome is the Infiltrator class going to be? :laugh: Yeah, I'd sign up for it. :thumbup:

Quick question, Sandy, if you roll Special Mirror on a Hexed enemy, do you both still receive the Special Damage's effects, or just the opponent?

Okay....quest 32 really has gotten confusing. It looks like Drake's fellow questmates are leading themselves into fighting each other. Good thing Drake has nothing to do with it, for Drake's just drinking a potion and pretending nothing's happening.

Things are going carrots in the Heroica Quests! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Zip it! :angry: I hate rabbits!

KABOOM!!!

The explosion sent the heroes hurtling to the other side of the room. Smoke filled the room, and bits of wood and clay littered the floor. As the heroes regained their focus, they saw four longish protrusion swaying in front of the hole that had suddenly appeared in the wall.

Benji's eyes immediately shifted to the Zirconia, but there was not a single dent on the pedestal that protected it.

"We did it, pal!" said a voice at the hole. "Now the treasures of the Ziegfrieds are all ours!"

"Woohee, that was fun! Can I do it again, pleeease?" said another, squeakier voice.

Two figures stepped through the rabble into the room. Much to the heroes confusion, two rabbits were standing in front of them, only that the other had a human face.

heroicaquest33-battlebunnyburglar.jpg

heroicaquest33-sidekick.jpg

"Look, Daffyd! It's them Heroica folks we were warned about!"

heroicaquest33-daffyd.jpg

"I see that, Sidekick. Honestly put, I was expecting a tougher looking bunch. Just look at them, all dusty with torn clothes."

"They look like a bomb was dropped on them... Oh wait, it WAS! Hahahahahahahaaa!!!"

The talking rabbit bursted into hysterical laughter, while the man in the bunny costume pointed his sai-daggers at the heroes.

heroicaquest33-daffyd.jpg

"We're not quite who you were expecting, huh? Well, why leave a cat to do a rabbit's job? Any final words before you fall before the prowess of Daffyd the Bunny Burglar?"

"Prowess?! Hahahaha, that's a load of carrots coming from a guy in a bunny suit! Let me at them, instead. You've never seen such fireworks that Sidekick the Rabbit can provide, hahahahaa!"

Is there anything the heroes want (or even can) say to these whackjobs, or do they just flat-out fight them?

This....is creeping me out......

I'd certainly sign up if we could have a reunion of all the players! :wub:

This....is creeping me out......

What do you think about ME? As a spokescarrot for carrots everywhere I say: This is not okay.

On another note: two down, two to go, very cool guys, A reunion would be a fun thing, for me to host!

Quick question, Sandy, if you roll Special Mirror on a Hexed enemy, do you both still receive the Special Damage's effects, or just the opponent?

Let me wrap my head around this very unlikely situation first... :laugh:

A hexed enemy always acts against an ally instead of an opponent, so the special skill will not hit the hero in any case, no matter if the battle skill is "SPECIAL DAMAGE" or "SPECIAL MIRROR".

Okay....quest 32 really has gotten confusing. It looks like Drake's fellow questmates are leading themselves into fighting each other. Good thing Drake has nothing to do with it, for Drake's just drinking a potion and pretending nothing's happening.

Erik decided to fight for the Maginastra and Mizuki followed him.

I started a bidding auction for which side to fight for which was won by Sorrow/Syntax.

Me and Erik both took mead so whatever happens in this battle is going to be very weird.

Oh, right, forget it was allies rather than itself. First battle with multiple enemies where that's happened. :blush: Thanks.

On another note: two down, two to go, very cool guys, A reunion would be a fun thing, for me to host!

Make that three down! :laugh:

I very much enjoyed your last quest, Scuba, and it was a really nice group, so of course I'd be up for it. :thumbup:

Just don't go making the battles even harder, we just got lucky last time! :tongue::laugh:

I'd be in if you'll have me Scuba, I loved how your quest went. :sweet:

Well, I have not heard from Cornelius yet, and if he would be up for it, I'd rather have the full team back together (for obvious reasons). I was actually thinking about changing the number to 5 or 6 players, as I have some in my eyes interesting ideas for some fights, which might work better with more people, and fresh influences can never hurt, I'm going to have to really think about it, though, as I don't want to make fights too complicated for both the players, the watchers and myself. Add to that the added role-playing potential you are getting at the moment from interacting with the town watch and the wolfgang, which will be major themes in my quest. But, as I said, I won't host until after the Dastan quests are complete, which will not be until a couple of weeks (months?). :classic::thumbup:

Well, I have not heard from Cornelius yet, and if he would be up for it, I'd rather have the full team back together (for obvious reasons). I was actually thinking about changing the number to 5 or 6 players, as I have some in my eyes interesting ideas for some fights, which might work better with more people, and fresh influences can never hurt, I'm going to have to really think about it, though, as I don't want to make fights too complicated for both the players, the watchers and myself. Add to that the added role-playing potential you are getting at the moment from interacting with the town watch and the wolfgang, which will be major themes in my quest. But, as I said, I won't host until after the Dastan quests are complete, which will not be until a couple of weeks (months?). :classic::thumbup:

That's cool, I understand. We'll see how it goes then. :sweet: