Today I finally found Lloyd ZX! Around fifteen were at a Books-A-Million (I saw a few kids buy those) and around ten were at my LEGO store when I arrived, but that later dwindled to only two before I left. *oh2*

Oh, and I hate posting my videos, but I made a video review of the set on YouTube. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjajWq4G2Os

. . . Of course, it's not like I'm particularly fond of this year's downloads to begin with. The posters are smaller than last year's (though they do have excellent color quality compared to last year's), and the wallpapers have underwhelming minifigure pics from the sets themselves rather than nice CGI pics like last year (though I know some people might prefer photographs to CGI).

I agree; at least LEGO could put up a Zane ZX poster! :hmpf_bad:

I just realised one might be able to change the Fangpyre recking ball into a more show-like version by using a painted SW planet.

I just realised one might be able to change the Fangpyre recking ball into a more show-like version by using a painted SW planet.

You genius, you. ;)

You genius, you. ;)

How long do you think it will be until TLG uses that strategy for a wrecking ball in a theme like LEGO City? Though the Star Wars planets are pretty enormous for that purpose (11x11) unless you're willing to create a crane to scale. So I suppose it's fairly unlikely we'll see that application used by any but AFOL MOCists, except perhaps in the Technic theme.

Question - didn't anyone else's Lloyd ZX head have the double faces badly aligned, like they're not on opposite sides of each other?

Question - didn't anyone else's Lloyd ZX head have the double faces badly aligned, like they're not on opposite sides of each other?

No, mine are just fine. Same goes for my Lloyd Garmadon.

No, mine are just fine. Same goes for my Lloyd Garmadon.

Hmm. It might just be a one-time thing then; not a big problem since I don't really care about his scared face, just hope it doesn't pop up again. :/

How long do you think it will be until TLG uses that strategy for a wrecking ball in a theme like LEGO City? Though the Star Wars planets are pretty enormous for that purpose (11x11) unless you're willing to create a crane to scale. So I suppose it's fairly unlikely we'll see that application used by any but AFOL MOCists, except perhaps in the Technic theme.

You must admit there is something that makes the heart just sing when you are swinging a Death Star Wrecking Ball at the building to be destroyed.

Weird availability question? Has the NRG Jay set actually been released in the US? I can't find any signs of it anywhere except a small number on E-bay for $30-$50 usd?

Weird availability question? Has the NRG Jay set actually been released in the US? I can't find any signs of it anywhere except a small number on E-bay for $30-$50 usd?

It was released, but that was back in June-July. I think it was sold out within three months. However, you could probably get one for a fairly good price on BrickLink.

^How'd you get so smart? :wink:

Who? Me? Smart? :sceptic::look: ( :laugh: ) (What are you talking about anyways? The fact that I mentioned BrickLink?)

Who? Me? Smart? :sceptic::look: ( :laugh: ) (What are you talking about anyways? The fact that I mentioned BrickLink?)

I seriously was so stupid to forget Bricklink. My collection depends upon completion. You can see because my signature now has a check list that I am very serious about this, and I was worried that I would have to pay A FORTUNE to finish off the spinners. Now there's hope...

Edited by Penkid11

I can still find all the NRG Ninja at my local LEGO Brand Stores, so... I wouldn't say they are sold out. Last time I checked the store was during the Brick Friday event, so if they were there then, then I doubt they will be out of stock since.

I can still find all the NRG Ninja at my local LEGO Brand Stores, so... I wouldn't say they are sold out. Last time I checked the store was during the Brick Friday event, so if they were there then, then I doubt they will be out of stock since.

NRG ninja or ZX ninja? The ZX ninja are pretty common, and appear in both sets AND spinners; the NRG ninja only appear in spinners, and Jay apparently sold out months ago (according to both my local store and LEGO Shop At Home. :wink:

EDIT: Seriously? The board software won't let me use the old abbreviation for Shop At Home anymore? :hmpf_bad:

Lloyd ZX is available in masses in stores over here (Netherlands)

Zane NRG as well. Kai's starter pack ditto.

Cole is dwindling.

Jay is...ehm not seen.

NRG ninja or ZX ninja? The ZX ninja are pretty common, and appear in both sets AND spinners; the NRG ninja only appear in spinners, and Jay apparently sold out months ago (according to both my local store and LEGO Shop At Home. :wink:

EDIT: Seriously? The board software won't let me use the old abbreviation for Shop At Home anymore? :hmpf_bad:

The NRG Ninja. I know the difference between them. :wink: I still have yet to ever see the Lloyd ZX spinner in a store, or the Zane ZX booster pack.

I have NEVER seen Lloyd ZX or NRG Zane in any store so far. NRG Jay and NRG Cole were available for some time but I can't find them anymore. NRG Kai is still available.

-Gata signoff.png

For me it was NRG Jay and Fangdam that were near impossible to find. I saw Fangdam once or twice, but NRG Jay was never to be seen and I still need both of them to complete my 2012 collection :sad:

When I visited a store today, they had all the NRG Ninja and I think they had Lloyd ZX too.

Edited by DraikNova

The funny thing is, I'm not sure if NRG Zane is even sold here. I got him from a special edition of the Ninjago Magazine where he was highlighted as an exclusive you couldn't get anywhere else.

-Gata signoff.png