I got my boxx of Lego this morning from S@H :D 5885 Triceratops, 5886 Tyrannosaurus Rex and a couple of the new police sets, 4437 and 4438.

The dinosaurs are superb! Stickers on the Rex set for the chopper, not looked at the trike set other than the dino yet, and I thought Alien Conquest couldn't be bettered!! very happy :D

AC is coming in summer?...

Well, that seems to be the common mindset in the Sci-Fi forum, not that I check there much anymore.

Anyway, the ideas here are great, but I'm just not sure that there is another wave in the making, as we haven't gotten any rumours yet. Maybe this will be a Winter thing, but from the way I look at it, this theme seems to be taking the PQ route. :cry_sad: Not that I would be against a Spinosaurus, though. All it would take is the T-Rex mold and a new spine mold and voila! Spinosaurus! :sweet:

All it would take is the T-Rex mold and a new spine mold and voila! Spinosaurus!

Are you saying that Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus are the same?! If TLC would make a Spinosaurus they would have to do completely new mold. Spinosaurus has bigger arms,crocodile-like head and he is not so bulky as Tyrannosaurus. :hmpf:

Edited by PirateMatt

Are you saying that Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus are the same?! If TLC would make a Spinosaurus they would have to do completely new mold. Spinosaurus has bigger arms,crocodile-like head and he is not so bulky as Tyrannosaurus. :hmpf:

I'm saying that TLG will look for the easy way out of a situation, and that would look somewhat like a Spinosarus, besides the facts that you mentioned. Also, since the T-Rex head is attached by a pin, they could make a new head mold and a new arm mold rather than remolding the entire basic dino form. :wink:

Disappointing with all the reveals of the promotional polybag sets earlier that no Dino ones exist(or appear to)

I know the moulds are expensive but it could have been the opportunity to include an egg in a promotional set imo.

Anyone with inside info know if were getting a second wave in summer? Since we've seen most(if not all) summer sets videos.

Anyone with inside info know if were getting a second wave in summer? Since we've seen most(if not all) summer sets videos.

As I do not have any inside info, this is just my opinion.

I don't think so as we haven't heard anything about it. It would not surprise me if this were the case as TLG has been making many one-wave themes lately (World Racers, Pharaoh's Quest, Alien Conquest?).

Edited by Legoman273

It's been said before, it would be a very big investment in new moulds for it just to be a one wave theme. IMO I don't think we'll see it this year but next January for the second wave. Though I must admit I wonder what vastly different vehicles and buildings they would come up with. I know there are vast possibilities for different dinosaurs.

Bought my kids four of the seven sets for christmas and they have been easily the most played with of all the lego and other toys they got

It's been said before, it would be a very big investment in new moulds for it just to be a one wave theme. IMO I don't think we'll see it this year but next January for the second wave. Though I must admit I wonder what vastly different vehicles and buildings they would come up with. I know there are vast possibilities for different dinosaurs.

Bought my kids four of the seven sets for christmas and they have been easily the most played with of all the lego and other toys they got

That's true. All those Dino molds weren't cheap, I'm sure. I hope we don't have to wait another year for a second wave. :thumbdown: Blah.

My dream second wave would be entirely water centric, but that's not practical. Here's my thoughts on a new wave that keeps new molds to a minimum:

-Hang glider with pterosaur. Small, simple and effective, you could just recycle the pteranodon mold and throw in a new head piece for an alternate flyer.

-Motorcycle Chase with Raptor(s?)- Who doesn't want a whole pack of raptors? Just recolor the same mold again and have at it.

-Fishing boat with Mosasaur- I love subs, but this is the better choice for a water set. Make a boat right out of Jaws. an updated version of one of the old divers boats, with cage and barrels.

-Dino Lab- with whatever- A small hatchery(Yes, eggs!), and an X ray machine with a medical table. Each dino set could come with an egg and when you scan the egg with the x ray machine you see a different baby dino inside.

-Treaded vehicle with Carnotaur- A tank, a giant forklift, who cares. Just not a 4 wheeler, since those were done to death in wave 1. Trex body with new head.

I am loving this new DINO theme. Just picked up a second HQ last night; can't wait to tweak the design and add it on to the one I already have.

My only gripe with the DINO theme is that there are too many large vehicles and not enough sets that are physical locations. I would much prefer a second base or station as opposed to a helicopter chasing a T-Rex.

And why not a facility to accompany the triceratops instead of a big, goofy jeep? Please Lego, keep the theme alive, but add more sets that are places versus vehicles.

I am loving this new DINO theme. Just picked up a second HQ last night; can't wait to tweak the design and add it on to the one I already have.

My only gripe with the DINO theme is that there are too many large vehicles and not enough sets that are physical locations. I would much prefer a second base or station as opposed to a helicopter chasing a T-Rex.

And why not a facility to accompany the triceratops instead of a big, goofy jeep? Please Lego, keep the theme alive, but add more sets that are places versus vehicles.

I agree with you, there were a lot of vehicles. But, I really like the helicopter, it's fun to swoosh. :blush:

They tend to do this with City though, vehicles one wave, locations in the next. Maybe we'll get more locales in the next wave.*fingers crossed*.

Honestly, even if a potential second wave consisted of only four sets like the final wave of Power Miners, I'd be happy. And again, I'd really love to see TLG tackle a Stegosaurus and a Brachiosaurus.

Honestly, even if a potential second wave consisted of only four sets like the final wave of Power Miners, I'd be happy. And again, I'd really love to see TLG tackle a Stegosaurus and a Brachiosaurus.

TLG should release more herbivores, and I hope we see Iguanodon, Ankylosaurus and Parasaurolophus as well. As for carnivores, I think Spinosaurus would really be the icing on the cake :cry_happy: and we definitely need to see a Plesiosaur as well.

I haven't gotten any of the new Dino sets, but I plan on buying them for sure, once I can fork out more money from my dying wallet. I really hope TLG do a second wave, it would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't.

I agree with you, there were a lot of vehicles. But, I really like the helicopter, it's fun to swoosh. :blush:

They tend to do this with City though, vehicles one wave, locations in the next. Maybe we'll get more locales in the next wave.*fingers crossed*.

The comparison to City is a little unfair only because City is, by far, the broadest theme and gets so many more sets per year/wave than any other theme. If they were cranking out DINO themed sets at the rate they do City stuff, I wouldn't be complaining at all.

But, when you're dealing with a complete series consisting of only seven (7) kits and five (5) of them are vehicles, leaving you with only the HQ and Tower Takedown (which is very cool, but quite small), I can't help but want more.

Maybe it is just me, but the very nature of the theme seems to scream "facilities" not vehicles. Honestly, how many yellow jeeps of varying sizes do we need? I get that part of theme is wrangling these big lizards...now, give us more places to take them back too once wrangled!

I completely agree.. we need more places, or at the very least more vehicles that aren't 4 wheelers. An airboat hovercraft in a swamp with a dimetrodon? Now that's awesome.

I think everyone is in agreement, we definitely need a dino lab. .. not just a dino cage like the current HQ is. I do actually like the truck that comes with the triceratops because it directly interacts with the HQ, fitting right up to the rising back gate just like the opening scene of Jurassic Park.

I put a few details into my HQ, turning the tower into a security station(complete with dinos on the video feed moniters) and the empty room into a lab with bones under microscope, dino x rays(exploriens), and a small hatchery.. but it's not enough. We need an official lab set!

I completely agree.. we need more places, or at the very least more vehicles that aren't 4 wheelers. An airboat hovercraft in a swamp with a dimetrodon? Now that's awesome.

I think everyone is in agreement, we definitely need a dino lab. .. not just a dino cage like the current HQ is. I do actually like the truck that comes with the triceratops because it directly interacts with the HQ, fitting right up to the rising back gate just like the opening scene of Jurassic Park.

I put a few details into my HQ, turning the tower into a security station(complete with dinos on the video feed moniters) and the empty room into a lab with bones under microscope, dino x rays(exploriens), and a small hatchery.. but it's not enough. We need an official lab set!

I just picked up a second HQ and started using it to modify and expand my existing one. No need for a second helicopter pad, you know?

I highly doubt there will be a second wave due to the expense of the molds and the lack of popularity compared to SW, City, LOTR, and POTC. That being said, I am a big fan of these sets and I think that Lego should be praised on their design of those dinosaurs. They are very cool looking and remind me a lot of Jurassic Park, I wonder why? :hmpf: , and I am very happy with them.

P.S. I saw that trailer on youtube and it is fun. :classic:

I highly doubt there will be a second wave due to the expense of the molds and the lack of popularity compared to SW, City, LOTR, and POTC. That being said, I am a big fan of these sets and I think that Lego should be praised on their design of those dinosaurs. They are very cool looking and remind me a lot of Jurassic Park, I wonder why? :hmpf: , and I am very happy with them.

How do you know LoTR is a success and that POTC is continuing?

But yeah, I expect one wave too.

How do you know LoTR is a success and that POTC is continuing?

But yeah, I expect one wave too.

Excuse me. I was speaking about the franchises in general and how there seems to be a lot more popularity associated with sci-fi, fantasy, and pirates compared to a dinosaur theme. I was also going on my observance of different themes over the years.

As far as POTC continuing there were a number of reputable sources, including my local toy shop, hinting at more sets coming in 2012 but, now I am starting to hear evidence to the contrary so ignore that point.

Back on Topic, I wonder if Lego will release some kind of battle pack for this theme like they did with pharaohs quest and I also do wonder if it is possible that Lego might come out with a new baby dinosaur piece instead of the old one they have been using for years?

Excuse me. I was speaking about the franchises in general and how there seems to be a lot more popularity associated with sci-fi, fantasy, and pirates compared to a dinosaur theme. I was also going on my observance of different themes over the years.

As far as POTC continuing there were a number of reputable sources, including my local toy shop, hinting at more sets coming in 2012 but, now I am starting to hear evidence to the contrary so ignore that point.

Back on Topic, I wonder if Lego will release some kind of battle pack for this theme like they did with pharaohs quest and I also do wonder if it is possible that Lego might come out with a new baby dinosaur piece instead of the old one they have been using for years?

I fully expect PotC to return as a theme, but not until there's another movie in theaters. Nothing like a movie tie-in to move product.

Dino unfortunately seems to be a short-lived theme. If TLG releases another dino theme in the future, though, I hope they create new dinos compatible with these ones. These feel like the best LEGO dinosaurs by far, at least in my opinion-- even having been a big fan of the Dinosaurs sets of 2001!

Should I buy it? All of it? I quite like the sets.

Lego shop in Milton Keynne, uk, has them in stock.

Daniel.

I would. I have all but the plane set(what's the deal there? Is it a Target exclusive?) and I really like them. The dinos are great and fun to play with. :blush: the figs are awesome and you get multiples of the best one, the olive green clad hunter.

The DINOS are definitely worth picking up. I have all but the sea plane exclusive (haven't been able to hunt it down) and multiples of the HQ and Tower Takedown. Working on a singular, massive structure.

The Pick-a-Brick at Legoland theme park in Carlsbad, CA this weekend had mad yellow pieces and tiles, so I'm looking forward to expanding on this design.