Sign in to follow this  
CCOOK

Pirate Trading Post

It's been a long time since I've been active on this site - here's a little something:

dscn1723d.jpg

I plan on adding three more rope bridges in a circle over rock emplacements with cannons:

dscn1724e.jpg

There's also going to be a large dock around the main house; there's a really nice bar and cow stockades on the first floor:

dscn1725sl.jpg

Here's the bar; notice the mugs hanging on modified plates in the back:

dscn1726v.jpg

Here's the other side - there's a really nice balcony here (thanks to MAGICBRICKS for the quarter-circle reddish-brown railings):

dscn1727d.jpg

Here's the back with two eves; there's a slot cut in the back of the roof here (hard to see because of the flash):

dscn1728t.jpg

Put a tile in here and push down on it:

dscn1729h.jpg

Here you have the center of the roof (with chandalliere) and can access the second floor:

dscn1730l.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean parts are really great additions to any new pirate MOC:

dscn1731n.jpg

Some nice old parts in here - the Lion cloth seemed to go well here; everyone should try to Bricklink as many of those chrome gold bars as possible - I nailed about 70 of them at the first opportunity:

dscn1732.jpg

Anyway, enjoy.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

This is looking really good, I can wait to see it fully complete, one tiny piece of advice would be to take your photes with a white background (rather than the black sofa), but thats only so I can see the wonderful moc better :pir-sweet:

Keep up the great work

Wow, this is coming along nice, I like that bridge, reminds me of an old pirate set.

All it's need is some cleaning to make a better presentation :pir_laugh2:

and a small ship to go with it would be very awesome.

Great job !

Fabulous work on pretty much everything. The cool rope bridge, the exterior of the house, the interior details, little cupboards... Those planks nailed to the tower look good as well. Good use of different tones of brown. The only thing I might suggest is to make good photos of the MOC when it is done (in daylight, without using flash).

Happy building! :jollyroger:

Edited by Cherno

This is looking interesting! I like the idea of the rope bridges from rock to rock, it's something I like to do on pirate mocs. If you have enough 1x4 tiles another way to make the bridges is with these and string. Just tie 2 pieces of string with a gap of 2 studs between them, then put the 1x4 tiles on top and secure them with 1x4 plates underneath. This looks good and allows you to have more freedom with where you place you bridges. Just remember to use small fine string so you can clap them between the tiles and plates. The building looks great, good old fashioned colour use and you've given the building some character which is important as a lot of people just build a square building with no other quirky features. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Derfel Cardarn

I love it, the woodworking and interiors are really nice. I especially like that bay window on the side.

Keep it :thumbup: !

Looking very good, it really looks alive.

Just one question what does the tile piece do that you insert in the roof???

I also like your rope bridge design, I hadn't seen it before

Bart

Here it is finished (and yeah I need to bring it outside for better photos):

tp1l.jpg

tp2bq.jpg

Side view:

tp3ma.jpg

Front view:

tp4y.jpg

Other side view:

tp5r.jpg

Throwing knives to impress a girl:

tp6e.jpg

Wide view (I plan on filling in the right side with 3 more 8x16 blue plates so that it fits next to my other MOCs on the shelf):

tp7d.jpg

With a little boat:

tp8b.jpg

tp9w.jpg

I actually only made this to take up some lower shelf space on my big metal shelves - this little boat was sitting in open space next to the green-roof MOC that I made a couple months ago - now I can connect this to the side of that MOC. There's a lot of those 1x1 plates modified with loopholes - these hold the bridges in place and are really hard to get - I hoarded about 40 to 50 of them off of Bricklink over the last few months for this project. Also a big thanks to BrickArms for the bad-a$$ custom chrome swords, and also to Bricklink for the chromed LEGO cutlasses (don't know how they did this since they're not ABS plastic!).

Anyway, enjoy - maybe I'll take it outside tommorow for better photos.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

A great MOC it is! It's really big, and there's lots of cool details.

Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Yep, I knew the finished product would be excellent, I really like the bridges and the bay window on the house.

:thumbup:

Wow! Very nice pirate outpost. The house, pier and those rope bridges look great. Realy amazing, and as teabox said; inspirational! :pir-sweet:

Just had to say how much I like the bay window in the main building. It is so nicely integrated into the timber-framework. Hopefully I can use that in my next pirate/castle building. Thanks.