Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

You obviously have never been to Manhattan, New York. I saw numerous people dressed up as Statue of Liberty in the tourist spots, luring people to take their picture with them in exchange for money. I'm sure that's a year-round occupation, too. :tongue:

:laugh: And Liberty Mutual often has those poor people who have to stand outside their buildings waving signs at intersections dress up as Statues of Liberty as well.

I'm pretty sure those are the same gold hands as are on the Pearl Gold C-3POs. Nothing new.

Correction: Gold hands that are both affordable and in a theme I purchase.

Green an odd choice? Really?! :wacko:

Well, not an odd choice without reasons, of course. But still, in my opinion (admittedly I'm somewhat colour blind and have been known to hold some strange opinions on colours :tongue:) light grey would be a bit closer approximation of the colour of the Statue of Liberty than sand green. Light grey would be blueish, of course, and that would be quire a lot off the mark too. So it's a matter of opinion: too much green or too little green (none at all, that is)? Maybe they could have added the green in print?

The Statue of Liberty is made of copper, copper oxidises (rusts) into green. Old copper coins and pipes will also become green when left out in the rain and air. Copper ore is a light green colour too. I think green is a good choice, but that might just be me.

Mechanic: One of my favorites. His toolbox is a simple but versatile design; the only regret is that it isn't actually functional. And a functional toolbox that could hold more than one tool would be far too large however you slice it. The wrench comes in Medium Stone Grey, I believe, which is a new color for it. His uniform is specific to mechanics, but that still allows for a wide range of uses. I love that it has the same "flaming wrench" logo seen on the S3 Race Car Driver and I believe some racers sets. The smiling face with oil stains is very nice, and the hair is very unique, giving him a personality that no existing hair piece could really have achieved.

would make a great hairpeace for a lego Elvis too

These figs are great! The Highland Warrior and Minotaur are by far my favourites. I mean, is it just me, or does that guy look just like Braveheart? And who doesn't want an army of Minotaurs!

Thanks for the pics! So far the only ones I am interested in are the Butcher, Mechanic and Barbarian. Hope we see the others soon. :thumbup:

Correction: Gold hands that are both affordable and in a theme I purchase.

Ah.

The Statue of Liberty is made of copper, copper oxidises (rusts) into green. Old copper coins and pipes will also become green when left out in the rain and air. Copper ore is a light green colour too. I think green is a good choice, but that might just be me.

Plus the Statue is usually green in souvenirs and artwork.

So these pictures pop up right on the day that I got my box of series 5 figs. Lego life is good! :grin:

Even though they're wonderfully designed, the Minotaur and Highlander are my least favorite. Not really 'my themes', I guess. But the others are top notch! Being a NYC geek, I love love love the Lady Liberty fig. And the Space Woman is funny! I wouldn't take this minifig design too seriously, I'd consider it as a little wink from Lego to us AFOLs. Other favorite parts are the Skater Girl's trousers, the Mechanic's hairpiece and the Alien head. Great job, Lego!

Can't wait for more info on the remaining six minifigs...

I am enjoying the diversity with these figs. I look forward to seeing the remaining 6.

-Omi

I find these underwelming. Coming from top notch S4 this is just blah. Liberty looks good,minitaur, and i dig the colors on Avril Lavine skater chick.

I declare the Statue of Liberty figure to be a trick-or-treater Halloween figure. I love the Halloween subtheme in the CMFs.

at first I read that as "I will hand these out to trick-or-treaters" - nobody's that rich or altruistic :laugh:

but yeah, I just assumed it's a representation of the actual statue, without any costumed middle(wo)man

spacegirl and skateboarder are exactly my little sisters - they'll love 'em.

butcher is bringing back the "garrison cap", huh? That elusive part outta LU/LDD - something like a piece only in an ancient park exclusive keychain? exactly the use I wanted it for too - A lovely donut selling hat. and I wonder how it'd look on the s1 nurse

The female figures are really starting to feel recycled as the same hairpiece is used over and over again. When the new ponytail was introduced with the nurse it was amazing. Now that we've the tennis player, surfer, and the zookeeper I feel like this element is being overused.

Oh, nice! The minifigures look great, but thankfully there aren't any I'd like multiples of.

I'm starting to get worried when collectible minifigures will end. Getting a full set is expensive and almost impossible.

The female figures are really starting to feel recycled as the same hairpiece is used over and over again. When the new ponytail was introduced with the nurse it was amazing. Now that we've the tennis player, surfer, and the zookeeper I feel like this element is being overused.

The skater is more original if you consider the printed hair.

I am taking these poor pics as a chance to learn image handling after reading Sariel's tutorial. Here's Lady liberty assuming she really is meant to be sand green (makes the most sense, imho):

Here are some other processed versions, as you can see the results are mixed:

Edit: I post-processed all the remaining pictures:

Bonaparte: Pictures removed on request of LEGO

Edited by Bonaparte

I noticed that the mechanic (who really looks like the Fonz) is named "Raph." Is that an actual name somewhere, or is is a misspelling of "Ralph?" It wouldn't be the first time that a misspelling like that has occurred on a LEGO piece. Perhaps it's short for "Raphael"....

Edited by Mariko

7928Statue_of_Liberty.jpg

let's play spot the difference :laugh:

Hello Elvis! What's in the red tool box?

I will get these two definitely.

Bonaparte: Pictures removed on request of LEGO

I noticed that the mechanic (who really looks like the Fonz) is named "Raph." Is that an actual name somewhere, or is is a misspelling of "Ralph?" It wouldn't be the first time that a misspelling like that has occurred on a LEGO piece. Perhaps it's short for "Raphael"....

I wonder if Raph is LEGO's copyright-friendly way of saying Fonz. As Fonz is a unusual four letters nickname, and Raph sounds like a unusual four-letters nickname.

Wow, I'm really liking the look of this series... I had both the Leprechaun and Genie on my wish list. She's a bit too pink, but I think the astro-babe is cool. I find the alien the most disappointing. I like the body, but it doesn't fit with the head. I agree with what someone else had said regarding it looking like a vending machine toy. I like the idea of a grey, but really wish that they'd make a retro martian-type alien... a little green man with globe-like helmet.

Wonder what the remainders will be?

Edited by robotimms

uhmmm...IF this image are real..and these are the series 6..at THIS moment only 2 are really ok for me, and i'll buy only that: the meccanic and the grocery man. the others are bad for me :((

How did I miss this?! Minotaur! Skater chick! Space heroine! Not sure about the alien, it doesn't seem right. Nice head though. Some interesting ideas with the statue & genie.